• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2017

Hole 5 at Logan University in Chesterfield, MO. on 9/2/17
Sign reads 330' - Lucid Escape

Got my first ace in a long time. I'll have to check what number it was later but it was hole 21 at rock river dgc. Wide open 225' with a wizard on a gentle hyper.

Second ace today. Used star Shryke on Buhlow Purple #11 at 339'. It was a skip.
af3bda4a.jpg

b7be290e.jpg

I finally aced Elver's top of the world hole 18.....But it was a cubby.

Awesome to finally hit it. Sad that it doesn't count.

Up the hill into the pines? Or the one on the side hill?

The side of the hill, blind basket... Used to be the right side pin for hole 9 (I think) on the old layout.

There are two holes that shoot up into the pines, 4 & 12

Last edited:
Got #7 at Cedar Hills.

Second time for the is hole, 249 water hole, pond pretty much covers the approach. They yelled start for weekly doubles. I threw mine at the basket. It's stuck. Split the money with the card. My card mates all hit the water.

Got my 7th, first since 2014, hole #5 Jones Park Cedar Rapids, 180 uphill with a plasma Envy. Hit it at league Monday , won $310

Aced last night, Creeping Creek Hole 7 Red tee a massive 105' over the pond with a CryZtal Banger GT.
5N6qBug.jpg

Got my 5th career Ace this morning, and my first in 5 years. Hole 15 at Whispering Falls. Backhand with a Soft Proton Ion.

Took a day off work to play disc golf with my 11-year old son and go to watch the final round of the USDGC. After hitting 5 courses, I was gassed. I told my boy it was time to eat supper and head to the hotel, but he begged for one more round at Eager Beaver. Twist my arm! First hole, 197 feet with a Warden on a slight anny line...boom!

First Florida Ace!

Hole 14 of Ferry Park with a 400G M4. Just a short little hyzer hole, but one I'll remember for a while

I hit my second Florida ace last Wednesday with a 165 Star Mako, same course, same hole, slightly different disc.

My brother hit a cubby ace today. 150ish feet, hole 15 Knob Hill Second shot off the tee. We always throw multiple shots at it. He put it in, we both laughed and I told him nice 3.

Still cool, but it isn't a real ace. The euphoric feeling that usually comes with it is definitely not there.

Got a tournament ace at Seatac, WA Sep 16 that paid $150. I RHBH hyzer-flipped a really old sidewinder that came back right at the end and went into the chains about 270' away. We couldn't see it but we heard it. I wasn't even sure where the basket was. My card mates told me how to shape the shot and pointed to about where the basket was.

Got a glow tiki ace last night with my Warrior at Runaway Rocks (private). 7th ace and second of the year.

The best part was the jar of homemade pickles I got from LizLemon as a prize!

Got my 5th ace (2nd of the year) on a practice round at the Downtown Urban Open in Cary, NC. I was playing with my family the Saturday after Thanksgiving. The very first hole we played was #4: "The Gap." It's a whopping 42 feet. HOWEVER, it's 42 feet almost straight up. You have to throw your disc up to the 3rd level of a parking deck, hitting the gap between two levels. My son was confused about the hole (and if there was even a basket up there...because you can't see it). I told him, "Look, I'll show you." I tomahawked it, made the gap, and then we heard chains!