• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2022 Texas State Championship Mar 24-27

They are noisy and as someone mentioned above, they would have to be extra careful to not get too close and impact the flight of the disc. They move a lot of air.

I don't know if the legal aspects have been relaxed or modified, but using a drone for commercial purposes had (or has) a lot of restrictions.

GK Pro had some drone coverage like that in one of the late season Texas or Arkansas events in either 2020 or 2021.

As someone that gets REALLY bad motion sickness (can't do VR, can't run on a treadmill, can't ride in the back seat of cars), I wasn't prepared for it and it make me instantly nauseated and dizzy.

Also, Kona relevance sighting. She's killing it today.

GK Pro had some drone coverage like that in one of the late season Texas or Arkansas events in either 2020 or 2021.

As someone that gets REALLY bad motion sickness (can't do VR, can't run on a treadmill, can't ride in the back seat of cars), I wasn't prepared for it and it make me instantly nauseated and dizzy.

I believe it. I don't have those issues and watching drones chase a disc is a little disorienting to me.

IF you aren't watching the FPO coverage, you should be. Paige and Kristin tied with Cat 1 stroke back and 6 holes to play.

I believe it. I don't have those issues and watching drones chase a disc is a little disorienting to me.

No I don't want to see drones following discs either.
I was thinking more like a birds eye view from above and behind the basket. A drone 25-50 feet off the ground and 25 feet beyond the basket would provide an awesome view and would have no risk of getting hit on +100 foot approach shots or shorter holes (250-350 feet).
And as long as they weren't filming putts or short approach shots I wouldn't think players would be bothered by it. (maybe a little bit, but they'd get used to it)

IF you aren't watching the FPO coverage, you should be. Paige and Kristin tied with Cat 1 stroke back and 6 holes to play.

Very fun to watch. Congrats to Paige, she made a huge shot on hole 18 when she needed it! I am sure Cat and Kristin were hoping to not go OB on the last hole.

I purposely didn't check out this thread or U-Disc all day, so I could watch the coverage after the fact. Too bad Kristin went OB off the tee on 18, but Paige, Kristin and Cat clearly separated themselves from the field.

Was pulling for Calvin today, but Ricky has a way of doing Ricky things

FWIW I really appreciate dgn streaming the final round live. I also find it difficult to make a 8-hour time commitment to watching them. I e got things I need/want to do.

Makes me appreciate all the work the post-production companies do editing things down to where you can watch all the important stuff in 90 min vs. 8 hrs.

That said, you couldn't beat watching the drama at last year's World's unfold, live, in the moment, for both FPO and MPO cards, including how Fajkus and Jones were in the mix until #16 did both of them in.

...and #18 was pretty cool, too (both FPO and MPO). ;)

I purposely didn't check out this thread or U-Disc all day, so I could watch the coverage after the fact. Too bad Kristin went OB off the tee on 18, but Paige, Kristin and Cat clearly separated themselves from the field.

FWIW I really appreciate dgn streaming the final round live. I also find it difficult to make a 8-hour time commitment to watching them. I e got things I need/want to do.

Makes me appreciate all the work the post-production companies do editing things down to where you can watch all the important stuff in 90 min vs. 8 hrs.

That said, you couldn't beat watching the drama at last year's World's unfold, live, in the moment, for both FPO and MPO cards, including how Fajkus and Jones were in the mix until #16 did both of them in.

Yeah, the finish was a bit of a let down, but Paige earned it in the last two holes.

Ricky showed a or if poise down the stretch.

Congrats to both on a well earned victory.

On the FPO side, I'm not sure they were making a lot more putts than in the past, but the misses were dings off the top ring or the basket. Not the 15' air balls we were seeing last year.

Now we need to see guys like Klein and Burr get dialed in and ramp up the excitement

FPO was a disappointing end, but Paige made the shot when she needed it.

I would love to see Calvin put together a full tournaments worth of solid rounds. He is always in the mix, but can't afford the let downs he has with guys like Ricky around. It was very surprising to see Paul collapse like he did today and yesterday.

I dislike this new layout even more after watching the coverage... Just so uninteresting.

I watched most of round 1. I liked seeing the new holes.

But when I turned on round 2, I found myself saying "oh yeah, this hole ... " over and over again. I liked the wooded holes (i.e. the ones from Dogwood), but the open holes were so similar over and over again. I think my criticism could be boiled down to being uninteresting to watch. After I watched the first 8 holes, I'd already seen everything the course had to offer. There wasn't enough variation in shot selection.

This isn't a criticism of the course; it's a criticism of watching it.

I watched most of round 1. I liked seeing the new holes.

But when I turned on round 2, I found myself saying "oh yeah, this hole ... " over and over again. I liked the wooded holes (i.e. the ones from Dogwood), but the open holes were so similar over and over again. I think my criticism could be boiled down to being uninteresting to watch. After I watched the first 8 holes, I'd already seen everything the course had to offer. There wasn't enough variation in shot selection.

This isn't a criticism of the course; it's a criticism of watching it.

It also just looked so...ugly, especially compared to the sun filtering through the trees in last year's tournament. Those last few holes in particular coming up on the "cemetery"... may just be bad luck with NTX weather too.

It also just looked so...ugly, especially compared to the sun filtering through the trees in last year's tournament. Those last few holes in particular coming up on the "cemetery"... may just be bad luck with NTX weather too.

Been an odd spring. Late cold spells and almost no rain.

Everything still looks like it is the middle of winter.

Latest posts