• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT Live Coverage Will Be Paywalled

I just downloaded the "Vimeo" app on my I-Phone so that I could be coverage for the Vegas tournament and watch it at work (have it on as background music). I see nothing on the app in terms of purchasing DGPT content. I'm not sure that I downloaded the proper app or not as there is also a "Vimeo Plus Monthly" app but that one sounded like I would have to pay a fee simply to subscribe to the service before even paying for disc golf content. Any help appreciated

Vegas is not on the DGPT. It's not on the NT. There's no live coverage and there was never any live coverage promised.

Why did you download Vimeo?
https://www.dgpt.com/news/disc-golf-network-debuts-as-new-media-platform-for-the-pro-tour/
https://www.discgolfnetwork.com
Neither of these mention Vimeo at all.
First paragraph: The Disc Golf Network or "DGN", is a streaming and on-demand media platform similar to Netflix or Disney+ where you can watch disc golf content on a web browser, the DGN apps (available on Roku or Amazon FireTV) on your smart TV, or on your mobile device (Apple or Android). While the apps debut next week, the website and video is available now at www.discgolfnetwork.com.
For now you can view content in your browser. Next week you can download the DGN app to your devices. All content will be contained within the DGN app.

JV - How the heck did Terry get stuck on a camera and not in the commentary booth? This could be a really polished product with him on the mic along with Robert M, Dixon or the Nate/Val combo. Will he be on a camera for the entirety of the season? Or will we see him back in the booth?

All I know is that I long for the day when the disc golf itself is the focus of nearly all our discussion, and not the disc golf media covering it.

Never going to happen.

"The medium is the message" - Marshall McLuhan

JV - How the heck did Terry get stuck on a camera and not in the commentary booth? This could be a really polished product with him on the mic along with Robert M, Dixon or the Nate/Val combo. Will he be on a camera for the entirety of the season? Or will we see him back in the booth?

My only guess is, it's much harder to train someone to run a camera, so Terry is stepping up due to cost, time, etc. But for sure...Terry should not be behind a camera at all. I'm also guessing Bevel Beer is getting sponsor coverage with Nate/Val donating their time on Camera.

Worth Every Penny

I would have paid if it was crap, because the money will benefit disc golf. I found it almost offensive that one of Steve's biggest detractors is, by hosting, almost becoming the face of the product, and I had some other minor resentments against Jaime.

That having been said, I enjoyed every minute and I congratulate Jaime on a job well done the first day! Looking forward to more.

On a side note, I would pay even more to see the star of the prodigies video, Matty Orum, do some more commentary or vlogging.

Cable TV shows ads, even though you pay for it.

If they didn't show ads, most of you would complain that you don't want to hear Jamie talk that much.

(And sure, the best solution would be 10 more cameras on the course and at least 2 more switchers/operators to cut and cue replays, but they're not there yet)

If you look at Seppo Paju "pro files" it says hes on team Discmania...shouldn't it say Prodigy??? I think someone at Disc Golf Network screwed up.

You understand the point being made, hopefully things get better throughout the weekend but the fact that there are ads means I wont be paying money to watch ads. Free coverage and you put ads in it, no problem.

IMO the ads have been fine and the ad breaks have been very short

lots of ads on other paying services. but I won't try to convince you that something is worth your $ if you've already decided it isn't!