• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Digging the champion King Cobra

FriedInTheDesert

Birdie Member
Anybody else dig the king cobra? I've been looking for an overstable compliment to the pure. I prefer the king cobra over the wasp, buzz, gator, coyote, mako, roc plus, and the shark.

If you like the king cobra, what fairway driver do you throw that has similar flight?

What weight King Cobra are you throwing? I've throw a max weight one before & it really wasn't tha overstable. I wouldn't compare it to a Gator or Wasp at all.

I used one for a little while, although I don't use it any more. It was a fine disc. But I'll also say it wasn't very overstable. Although it might be more OS than a Pure, I'm not sure, I've never thrown one.

Did some one say cobra:D
I like the king cobra as a stable mid with good glide
You should pick up a regular cobra to complement your king cobra:thmbup::thmbup:

It's 180 grams in champ plastic. I agree it's not as stable as a wasp but I can throw it into a 10 mph headwind and it will hold the line.

Got an X-out King Cobra a while back, and it's a solid disc, straight with little glide.
Not really what I was hoping it would be, and nothing that my trusty Buzzz's can't do better.

I'm not sure why the King Cobra and Super Stingray didn't get more love. Except, perhaps, because there are enough solid mid-ranges on the market these days that some can slip through the cracks.

King Cobra: Premium grippy plastic, roc-like feel, fairly flat profile, a bit faster than the KC rocs I normally throw allowing lower lines, straight flyer - slight turn with a touch of fade (for me), can hold an anny or can work an anny to flat finish, hysers well.

Super Stingray: Premium grippy plastic, neutral - to slight turnover, hyser-flips to flat straight finish or with a bit of fade depending on height and power, faster than my beat rocs allowing lower lines.

Downside is that I prefer mids in base plastic so I bag 3 KC rocs from fresh to beat. If I played rocky courses where wear was a bigger issue (wear from trees is a *good thing* for a Roc thrower!) I might bag the King Cobra and Super Stingray with a Gator and/or Flying Squirrel on either side, if necessary.

Good discs that might just go oop with Innova's newer "3" molds.

I'm confused. So you are saying that the DX stamped Ch Cobras are "King" Cobras?

Still trying to figure this out. I have both a stock stamped ontario cobra and a stock stamped king cobra. The king cobra uses the ontario cobra top (ontario tooling) and as far as I can tell the molds are near identical, except the king cobra has more of a plus type rim. The flights are very different though. The king cobra is much more hss, the ontario cobra is a hyzer flip, turnover machine.

The DX Stamped Ontarios the Factory Store ran are King Cobras.

I'm a recovering Cobra whore, and EL-KABONG is correct.

In regards to worldwides post, the "+' rim thing is similar to that on C-PDs. Yes the rim is slanted more on stock stamps, but they're both "+" molds.

If you look at an OOP Ontario Cobra and a DX stamped one, there is a difference for sure. Are the stock stamped King Cobras more "+" moldy than the DX stamps? Yup.

Are they both "+" molded? Yup.

Only real difference I could tell is Innova somehow figured a way to make the stock stamps slightly more flat - I'm assuming it has something to do with the rim. OR, due to cooling/external variables they just so happened to form that way. Who truly knows anymore:|

they are king cobras

king cobras are the same as the new re release of the Ontario cobra.

I've been throwing them since the day the FS released them.

It's a nice novelty to have the DX artwork

I have a stash of 15 now.

best all around mid in my opinion.

more stable than a buzz/less bite than a fresh roc.