• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Gator Winners!

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Sorry it took me so long to get to this, it's been a bit busy around here lately. So, the two winners of the the Disc Gators are:

wake_rider for this story. I feel like he needs one before he ends up blinding himself.

- and -

BogeyNoMore for this story. Mostly because it made me laugh.

There were 2 other stories that really made me laugh besides BogeyNoMore's and it was a tough choice trying to choose between the 3. I thought I'd mention them.

DiscGolfJunky's story about his wife was really funny.

skizzle34's hilarious description of his disc retrieval.

That said, all the stories were great and thank you guys for sharing them. I'm sure I'm not the only one that got a kick out of them. It's crazy the lengths we go through to save a piece of plastic :)

Thank's Tim! Glad I could make people could laugh with my predicament. There's no dignified way to emerge from a pond full of green water.

Awesome.

Though I must admit, winning by sheer clutz is somewhat humiliating. Everyone else's story normally had a funny tone. Mine, well, it was apparently just pathetic enough to make Tim say, "yeah, here you go sport. You take care of yourself now, okay?" Lol. :doh: :p

Either way, I enjoyed the stories from everyone and I appreciate the give away, Tim!

I'll do some reviews once I have this thing in the bag for a bit.

Oh my lord I never read the story about wake_rider...that is terrifying! Glad I could make you laugh though!

Yeah, I'd have freaked if that happened to me. Can't read it with out cringing.

Discgolf junkie had the funniest in my opinion. I can totally see the look on his wifes face.

By the way, as a caveat to my story, I had to wear an eye patch for a little more than two weeks after the incident. The same friend of mine who was with me during the round of gouging brought his brother, girlfriend, mom and sisters along to a local biergarden to meet up for some suds and German food. As a sign of solidarity and to balance out my pirate patch, he wore an oversized fake handlebar mustache that was hanging down to his collarbones. Wore it the entire time we were there.

Good dude...

Used the Disc Gator a few times at a tournament today, and a few other people got to test drive it as well - they seemed to like it.

I'm on the fence with mine. First. I had issues getting it to clamp without pushing the disc away. Second I let a player borrow mine and he snapped at the disc and hit a rock. The pole bent to a point it broke. Which not really worried about pole because I was looking to get a longer pole anyways.

He must have pushed it pretty hard to bend the pole. I'm a fan of mine, it's saved my friends and I from getting wet or messing around with a stick a bunch of times already. I find that you really do need to have at least 2 poles though.

He must have pushed it pretty hard to bend the pole. I'm a fan of mine, it's saved my friends and I from getting wet or messing around with a stick a bunch of times already. I find that you really do need to have at least 2 poles though.

geJGhOFt.jpg

Saved your friend did ya?

#lies

Worked well to retrieve a disc on the other side of a fence... was able to snag it under the chain link without risking injury.

I've saved myself several instances of wet feet and scratched up ankles probably 5 times since I got mine, the most recent at DeBusk in Mesquite.

I love mine so much, I became a dealer for them lol. They sell like hotcakes for me when I show people what it can do!

Just donated mine for the tourney this weekend for the spotters on the water hole. No lost discs from what I was told! Great product and idea...