• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf bag with speakers?!?!?!

Wow what a ridiculous looking contraption.

I would like to point out that i didn't actually threaten anyone i was over exaggerating. I wouldnt do that. I did tell em to turn it down i think.

What exactly is so ridiculous about it? It's a regular, plain bag that has a small pouch in the back with 2 small speakers and little speaker holes...but you actually hardly notice it unless you look for it.

You're just being Mr. Angry and Mr. False Internet Tough Guy...you wouldn't actually threaten anybody, but you'll talk about it, say you threatened people, and then you cower and eat your own words once you realize how ridiculous they were...come on man, what are you contributing here besides making people not want to play disc golf with or around you?

I have had 100x more trouble with 'Type-A' anal retentives being uber-competitive during a recreational sport than I will ever have with an annoying stereo wielder.

Im not super anal when im casually playing with friends or whatever, i think that particular day i was just having a bad round and didnt feel like listening to alarm sirens. Ever since ive disliked the idea of stereos on the course.

Boombox.jpg

I use these:

philips-sba1510-27-portable-speaker-system.jpg

Not very compact but with the amp they sound good and go as loud as I could ever need. Even without the amp they still sound good for the person carrying the bag.

I'm known for always playing music. Well, not always, but anytime I play alone I do for sure, and sometimes when I'm with others. If I'm out alone and I join up with some people I don't know, I just leave it playing unless someone says something. I sometimes ask if it bothers them, and it never does.

When I'm playing with others I try, to a degree, to play things I think they'll enjoy. I usually stick with mellow, instrumental rock bands like The Mercury Program, or I'm playing my avatar.

I've only had one person ever ask me not to play music, but I no longer play with him because he takes his rounds way too seriously. I go out to play the game and get better, but I want to have fun while doing it. Some Amon Tobin and a beer or two is sometimes fun to me.

Personally I don't see how some people get so distracted at little things like some music, or some talking casually etc. Hell sometimes me and my friends throw putters at another persons putt jokingly, intentionally trying to distract them.

Upon further review, I would make these critiques of the bag.
The water holder is a bit small, still will fit most any water bottle but don't buy a big gatorade bottle or anything like that. I have a big waterbottle I bought from Target which barely squeezes in there.
It fits 12-13 discs confortable, unless you want to carry multiple putters (the putter pocket only fits 1).
It could use a pencil pocket or 2.

Other than that, i'm enjoying this bag. I don't use it every round, but I recommend it for an easy way to hook up your ipod to your bag. $25 with shipping, I think it's a good deal.

Well hello Mr. Negativity! What would you do if you were sitting ina tee box waiting and someone popped on a tune that you did happen to like? Or are you just not a fan of music? OR...is your musical taste so refined and complex that the majority of common folk do not have the mental capacity to either grasp or appreciate whatever type of music that you deem quality?

Distracting? Agravating? More distracting than the sound of passing traffic? More aggrevating than conversation on the course, including celebrations?

So what, you have to play in some completely silent, sterile disc golf environment or else it just messes with your game too much and there's just too much money on the line to mess around?

I'm assuming you play at a private club, where you have to pay in order to play, and that this is strictly against the rules of your golf club? In my area, most of the courses are in public areas and parks so people can pretty much do whatever they want from picnicing on the course or whatever...so I don't think a little bit of music is really going to hurt anybody...sorry to get your panties all ruffled up though....

That was uncalled for wayne. And I don't think you have the right to speak for anybody but yourself.

Did anyone mention the Bike-to-Beach??? Apologies if I missed it when reviewing this thread, but this clever release from iHome is f'ing perfect for disc golf..

Research it, buy it, use it, thank me later

I once played with a dude that had speakers. I was lining up an important putt. As I threw the music turned screamo and i missed :(

I debate this. If you're by yourself on a course that not too crowded...then sure blare your music away

but if you're in a group make sure they're ok with it

And on a busy course...just leave it at home.

I don't mind. If you're playing a casual round I don't see why somebody should get so worked up about it. If you're playing a tourney and don't like it, ask them to turn it off. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to stroke them for it if they don't comply. It really isn't a big issue. I love listening to music on the course. I actually go out early in the morning because I like to have the entire course to myself, making practice putts, multiple shots, and music not an issue. I've never heard anybody get so worked up about music. The most I've seen is somebody ask them to change it to a different genre (it had just changed from reggae/ska to something slipknot-esque).

Last summer at a course I saw a group that had one of those 80s giant boomboxes that are powered by D batteries or whatever. Talk about a technological gap! :p

I have no problem with people playing music on the course as long as it is at a respectable volume. Even if it is loud, I would rather hear music than a person running around talking or yelling at the volume they are playing their music.

Latest posts