• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf in the news - Funny and not so funny.

And for the not so funny.

EASTVILLE — The Northampton County man met and befriended the young teenage boy under the guise of a common interest in disc golf.

Phillip Shannon Irwin, 44, of Jamesville began to take even more of an interest in the boy after his 14th birthday in June 2009. Through the game of disc golf, Irwin became friendly with the boy's entire family — even inviting them to dinner at the home he shared with his wife.

http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/...dyssey=mod|newswell|text|Eastern Shore News|s

Bah. Old news. I linked to this story two weeks ago. Post #37.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38046

Are you telling me a 14yo boy that hangs out with a 30+ year old man doesn't think it is in the slightest bit off?

Children are trained from birth to do as adults tell them, even if it seems wrong to the child. How else would you get them to go to school and sit inside all day? A 14 year old may be able to recognize that something is wrong, but doesn't yet have the tools to be able to convince an adult to leave him alone. That's why guys like this prey on children.

Children are trained from birth to do as adults tell them, even if it seems wrong to the child. How else would you get them to go to school and sit inside all day? A 14 year old may be able to recognize that something is wrong, but doesn't yet have the tools to be able to convince an adult to leave him alone. That's why guys like this prey on children.

So you train your children in the fine art of being seduced by adults?

Disregard the kid, what about the parents?

Face facts, lots of bright strobing red lights were going off in this case and everyone ignored it because little Johnny had a big grown up buddy to hang out with and wouldn't spend all his time whacking it in the neighbors tool shed anymore.

A REAL parent and a SMART kid would have stopped this about a month into it tops.

Let's break this down a bit:

Little johnny says "Mom, I am bored":

You answer:

A) Why don't you go read a book?
B) You could help me cook dinner if you'd like
C) Run down to the liquor store and get mommy some ciggys
D) Go bang a creepy older dude and see if you can get a laptop out of it
E) A&B
F) C&D

Which choice represents good parenting?

Last edited:
I do want to clarify something, I am not saying everyone who gets molested has bad parents or is stupid. Things happen all the time and sometimes they happen VERY quick and no training in the world could stop that or a close relative betrays the trust of you or your parents and something happens.

But this case, this time, that dude was clearly being courted. Plain and simple. To prove it, let's make it less creepy:

Your daughter is 15 and she meets a 16yo disc golfer, he teaches her how to play and since he can drive he picks her up after school and they go play a round. He starts hanging out more, takes her on shopping trips and even starts coming around when the parents aren't around.

He buys her a laptop and you discover that they have been staying up late at night talking dirty.

Another multiple choicer:

A) This guy clearly is just trying to make her the next Val Jenkins
B) This guy is prepping her for nun school and wants to keep her pure and virtuous
C) It's just puppy love
D) This guy really, really wants to bang your daughter

Is it easier to see the signs?

Another failure point, the dude's wife.

Go home and tell your wife you are thinking about having a boy over for a sleepover in a tent in your yard and report back with how well that conversation went.

if some guy wanted to trade me a labtop, a webcam, discs, drugs and other gifts for pictures of my junk... i might think about it.

no seriously, this is f'ed up. i've had something close to this happen to me and it is the most awkward thing i've ever experienced. i was sitting in the computer room of an apartment complex and this guy i had seen around who was in his 50's started talking to me. at first we'd just have general conversations and he'd tell me about his navy days. later on one day he told me he was gay, which i don't have a problem with and he said he was glad i was comfortable with that. about a week after that we were sitting in the computer room and after some people left he told me that he'd pay my rent for the rest of the year if i let him suck me off. i laughed because i thought he was joking and he kind of had this nervous laugh and asked me if i wanted a big screen tv too. at that point i realized he was serious so i told him to never talk to me again and i left. i never went back to the computer room after that.

Aww come on, that kid was either juicing that dude for gifts or he wanted to bang, who the hell else would tolerate that kind of creepiness otherwise?

Lastly...lady...really? It took you that effing long? A dude spends five minutes with my kids and exhibits anything beyond normal common courtesy interest then I get suspicious.

What a joke.

LMAO yeah, snuggling on the couch. But the guy got all defensive about it so you can't stop it there. :doh:

Have you EVER bought somebody you DIDN'T want to bang a gift over $100 that wasn't family????

Now that is sig worthy right there.

if some guy wanted to trade me a labtop, a webcam, discs, drugs and other gifts for pictures of my junk... i might think about it.

no seriously, this is f'ed up. i've had something close to this happen to me and it is the most awkward thing i've ever experienced. i was sitting in the computer room of an apartment complex and this guy i had seen around who was in his 50's started talking to me. at first we'd just have general conversations and he'd tell me about his navy days. later on one day he told me he was gay, which i don't have a problem with and he said he was glad i was comfortable with that. about a week after that we were sitting in the computer room and after some people left he told me that he'd pay my rent for the rest of the year if i let him suck me off. i laughed because i thought he was joking and he kind of had this nervous laugh and asked me if i wanted a big screen tv too. at that point i realized he was serious so i told him to never talk to me again and i left. i never went back to the computer room after that.

So what size tv didya get? :hfive: :p

he told me that he'd pay my rent for the rest of the year if i let him suck me off. i laughed because i thought he was joking and he kind of had this nervous laugh and asked me if i wanted a big screen tv too. at that point i realized he was serious so i told him to never talk to me again and i left. i never went back to the computer room after that.

That's kind of like American Beauty.

Thanks, As you can see I signed up over a year ago I just never had much to say. And then I came across this article and couldn't pass it up. Im suprised there wasn't more comments on the foursome in the woods. I've been playing discgolf along time but that might make me never return to a course if I rolled up to the teepad and looked down the fairway and see a "foursome" using the basket to bend some dude over. I deffently wouldn't hole out because I wouldn't want to get my disc back.

Last edited: