• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf in the Olympics?

Will there be Disc Golf in the Olympics?

• It could happen in 2012 if the PDGA or some other entity pushes for it

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • It will not happen in 2012, but will eventually be in the Olympics

Votes: 104 42.4%
  • There is no chance that Disc Golf will ever appear in the Olympic games

Votes: 129 52.7%

• Total voters
I refuse to sign such an unproffesional sounding petition:)
"fairly new sport that is gaining popularity like CRAZY!" come on, did a 12 year old write this? I'm all for Disc Golf in the Olympics, heck if you ask me, it's one o fthe greatest sports in the world...but I'm biased...but if there's going to be something out there, let' someone write something a bit more grown up sounding.

Honestly, we need to worry about gaining popularity in this country before it could ever be considered for something on the international scale...

OK.....the World Games? The World Games features such popular sports as air sports, canoe, bowling, casting sport, dance sport, FLYING DISC (not disc golf), fistball, korfball, orienteering, netball, sumo, and tug of war......tug of war???? my favorite has got to be orienteering.....and I actually know what korfball is because we played it in gym class...it sucks!

No, no, no...the World Games don't count...and disc golf isn't even there....

and the petition didn't even capitalize "olympic board"....this was written by a texter....

i signed just so if someone had writen a more professinal petition they would know that there is an interest for it... it is true that there issnt a chance to have it in the 2012 games but any international publisity would only help the expanstion in the US.

but if it ever is inducted into any major international multi-sport compition i hope to see you guys on the playing feild

Based on the fact that we're not even in the World Games and Life Saving is.....man, maybe we don't want ot be in the World Games:)
What we really need is ESPN....

DEER SUR OR MAM,

WHY I THINK TAHT THE OLYMPUC S NEED TO HAEV DESK GOLF.

I THINK TAHT THE OLYMPUC S NEED TO HAEV DESK GOLF BECASUE IT IS WAAY MOER AWSUM THAN STUPID SPORTS FOR GAIS THAT LIEK BUTSECKS LIEK THAT DOCUMETARY ABOUT TEH ICSE SKATURS WITH WILL FARUL AN THA GUY FROM NAPOLUEN DINOSAUR.

ITS TIEM FOR A FEW CHANGUS IN OUR GREATAST OF ALL NATIOUNS!!!1 MAEK THA RITE CHOICE OLYMPUCS GUYS!!!!11

IN CONUCLUSON DID U KNO THAT DESK GOULF WAS IN TIGER WOODS'S'S VIDEO GAME? DUNT HOLD TAHT AGAINNST THA REST OF US THO BECASUE I HAEV NEVAR CHEETED ON MY GF!

WARMLY,
ZENBUT

PS

I DUN KNO ABOUT YOU BUT THEY HAEV THAT GAEM WHERE YOU MOP ON THE FLOOR. WTF IS TAHT ALL AABOUT?!?!??!/1

Last edited:
i would sign zenbots petition

The main reason I would want it in the Olympics is because it would have excellent coverage. I'd love to see the worlds best on NBC with cameras set up in multiple positions.

It would not have excellent coverage. It probably wouldn't have any coverage. NBC and USA will continue to show the mainstream Olympic sports and not cover any of the smaller more interesting ones.

C'M0N MAN D0N'T H8 0N CURL1NG!!! 1T'5 L1K4 TH4 B45T SP0RT 4V4R!!!! 1MA K1CK Y0UR BUTT W1TH MY L4V4L 8 PALAD1N FTW!!!

It would not have excellent coverage. It probably wouldn't have any coverage. NBC and USA will continue to show the mainstream Olympic sports and not cover any of the smaller more interesting ones.

You must not have turned on NBC or MSNBC ever.

Right now they have womens hockey on. various sports i've seen on olympic TV include curling, cross country skiing, skiing when they shoot targets, apline skiing, figure skating, sychronized swimming, sledding, and all the terrible summer games.

OK.....the World Games? The World Games features such popular sports as air sports, canoe, bowling, casting sport, dance sport, FLYING DISC (not disc golf), fistball, korfball, orienteering, netball, sumo, and tug of war......tug of war???? my favorite has got to be orienteering.....and I actually know what korfball is because we played it in gym class...it sucks!

No, no, no...the World Games don't count...and disc golf isn't even there....

Orienteering? Is that where they drop you off in China with a compass and a pair of chopsticks and you have to make your way back home?:\

Orienteering? Is that where they drop you off in China with a compass and a pair of chopsticks and you have to make your way back home?:\

HAHAHAHAHAHA
That's what I thought at first as well. If you go to their website, they describe all of the sports (although it doesn't appear that english is the 1st language of the designer)...it's actually a timed event where people get dropped off in the middle of nowhere with a compass and they have to find their way....I guess????

HAHAHAHAHAHA
That's what I thought at first as well. If you go to their website, they describe all of the sports (although it doesn't appear that english is the 1st language of the designer)...it's actually a timed event where people get dropped off in the middle of nowhere with a compass and they have to find their way....I guess????

Heh. I like my version better.;)
Maybe eye cann git a poorly ritten petitshun goin round an' rektifeye the situashun.

For the same reason people shouldn't laugh about disc golf, they shouldn't be poking fun at orienteering. Another Twin Cities course designer and I both did the sport in the 80s. Some disc golf advances like color coded divisions, ratings and course design elements have come from my background in orienteering. The sport has its act together and it's done in more countries than DG. All play is at the amateur level so you don't have the arguments over sponsorship and size of payouts so entry fees are low. Much easier to get approval for setting up a course in the parks and the primary equipment is running shoes and a compass.

For the same reason people shouldn't laugh about disc golf, they shouldn't be poking fun at orienteering. Another Twin Cities course designer and I both did the sport in the 80s. Some disc golf advances like color coded divisions, ratings and course design elements have come from my background in orienteering. The sport has its act together and it's done in more countries than DG. All play is at the amateur level so you don't have the arguments over sponsorship and size of payouts so entry fees are low. Much easier to get approval for setting up a course in the parks and the primary equipment is running shoes and a compass.

Of course we had to offend somebody:)

Sorry buddy, I'm sure orienting rules...

Point taken. :doh:
But geez, I laugh at disc golf and I love it. :p

Still, you have to admit that was a pretty good play on words, regardless of your thoughts on the sport of orienteering, right? :hfive:

Latest posts