• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf on TV

I have Dish with Comcast Sports Network - Chicago. The other day, after seeing the news about the airing, I found a few episodes of Beach Sports Network for this week in my program guide, and set my DVR to record them all. Unfortunately, the program description in the guide just says Beach Sports Network, and not the details such as disc golf, Memorial, etc, so hopefully at least one of the recordings will have it.

This is where I started for listings of where it may be aired......
http://www.evptour.com/media/tv-distribution
After that I went digging into our local cable providers' website and found the channel guide.

I'm gonna have to watch it again today because I think they left the viewers hanging a bit at the end. They were interviewing Will after the tourney and when they got to the part about his scorecard debacle, they cut away for commmercial and (i think)never came back.

Thanks for the link! MASN in MD, huh? I'm in WV but our cable provider in in MD. So just maybe I'll be able to get some of this. Now if I could just find an actual schedule!

What cable provider? I looked online at MASN and it wasn't listed in their programming schedule, but I scrolled through the onscreen guide on my cable box and found it, Sunday the 26th at 1130A.

I'm gonna have to watch it again today because I think they left the viewers hanging a bit at the end. They were interviewing Will after the tourney and when they got to the part about his scorecard debacle, they cut away for commmercial and (i think)never came back.

I watched it yesterday, and the coverage included the scorecard issue, the playoff, interviews, and the final leaderboards from the various divisions.

I watched it yesterday, and the coverage included the scorecard issue, the playoff, interviews, and the final leaderboards from the various divisions.

WTF, it must be different in different areas. On Time Warner Cable, it went as expained above - cut to commerical after "Huh?!?" and never came back. Only thing I can think of is that TWC forced more commercial time (stupid, repeated commercials of highlights of local sports, mind you), so they couldn't fit the entire BSN show in the half-hour slot.

They were shown on quite a few major sports networks, i'm not sure if they are still showing now, but if you looked on google, or even youtube you MAY be able to find them still.

I think it's a big step for the disc golf community to have an event like that broadcasting on tv :)

What cable provider? I looked online at MASN and it wasn't listed in their programming schedule, but I scrolled through the onscreen guide on my cable box and found it, Sunday the 26th at 1130A.

Mine! Thanks for hookin' me up with the date and time. Checked it on my TV and, sure enough, there it was... DISC GOLF... on TV! OK, it's only 30 minutes, but it's 30 minutes!!! I am way too excited.

All I can say is that my digital recorder had better work. I'll be a at church and I play drums on the praise and worship team so I can't sneak out early. :p

Latest posts