• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Stores/Retailers Map...

juanbond

Eagle Member
I'm working on resurrecting my database of disc golf stores, and putting it on a map on dgmapper.com... Anyone have suggestions for any aspect of this?

For instance, what info would you like to see for each retailer? Here is what I'm considering starting with for now:

- Store Name
- Address
- Hours of Operation
- Store Type (DG-dedicated, sporting goods, gas/convenience, website only, other)
- Products (checkboxes for discs, bags, baskets, apparel)

The map will probably be filterable by store type and products...and perhaps an option to only display stores that are open right now.

Please don't hesitate to post your thoughts and suggestions!

As for the brick and mortar stores, maybe a way to get driving directions? And phone numbers are always good.
You could also include an indicator (maybe an 'x') denoting the sale of x-outs.
Perhaps a link to their 'yelp' or similar rating/review sites. Or maybe a user-based price rating system. 5 '$'s equals more expensive than other local stores.
Also, (maybe too far fetched) list all the courses within 10 miles of the selected store. (not just upcoming tournys)
Thanks for listening :)

This would be nice. Now, when I am travelling and want to check out a DG store, I just search on Google Maps for 'disc golf store near city'. I does OK but has has courses, ball golf, and other things mixed in with the results. Can't think of anything thing else to add though.

This would be nice. Now, when I am travelling and want to check out a DG store, I just search on Google Maps for 'disc golf store near city'. I does OK but has has courses, ball golf, and other things mixed in with the results. Can't think of anything thing else to add though.

Ah yes, I notice the same problems on dgmapper's links from the tourney popups to "disc golf stores near ...". Hopefully my retailer map will remove the need for google's directory to be intelligent! :thmbup:

As for the brick and mortar stores, maybe a way to get driving directions? And phone numbers are always good.
You could also include an indicator (maybe an 'x') denoting the sale of x-outs.
Perhaps a link to their 'yelp' or similar rating/review sites. Or maybe a user-based price rating system. 5 '$'s equals more expensive than other local stores.
Also, (maybe too far fetched) list all the courses within 10 miles of the selected store. (not just upcoming tournys)
Thanks for listening :)

Very good ideas...they have been noted. Thanks!

Would be cool to integrate that into our mapping system here at DGCR, with maybe a different icon or something :)

Latest posts