• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Tattoos?

damn, now I wish the original people that posted in this were on and could read my question. I've seen many disc golf tats, one of them on the calves reminded me of the acehunt guy. The first tourney I ever went to was unsanctioned doubles with my dad ran by a group called acehunt. I met, talked to, and played a round with the guy running it and he had multiple dg tats. The following picture was one of them, just the basket on his calf.
thebigchang06_hs.gif

Why do people have such low expectations of tattoos? People think simple dye job when they should think supercolor. Not knocking anyones ink, but mho is that your ink should cost more than your jeans, dg bag, etc. etc.

i have plenty of tats, but none DG related. i met my wife from a tattoo artist / friend.
i can't think of a cool DG design that i would want on my body for the rest of my life.

I thought about a DG tat in a collage with all other things I have been obsessed with in the past (i.e. soccer, snowboarding, poker, golf, etc.). It would kind of be a pictorial memoir of what I have enjoyed throughtout life. I have yet to take the plunge. My wife may kill me if I get another tattoo. :(

To tell you the truth if I live to be 80 years old then I wouldn't give a crap what tattoos were on my body, I'm just gonna be happy to be above ground. I have both upper arms, my stomache and my right leg tattooed and I'm not worried about it. My only rule I have when I get tattoos is that I want them to be in spots where I'm able to cover them up, so nothing on my neck or forearms or hands or anything, all my other skin is fair game for future tattoos.

By the way I find girls who have tattoos to be very very sexy, I think its the bad girl factor or something but I love it.

I'd like a tattoo of a dolphin jumping over a basket, with a rainbow coming out of the dolphins blowhole with a unicorn running upon it

I saw one where on the left calf, the guy had a stylized player just releasing a putt, and on the right calf there was the basket. I thought that was an interesting idea.

played with a guy in st.louis who had a disc player throwing on his left calf,and a disc heading for the chains on his right.
both tats had the look of stylized japanese lettering(words).
i've seen something similar somewhere, think it was a disc company logo?

it did look pretty slick tho'.

I too have seen this guy before.

man, all you guys that posted pix of tats...nice ink!! i would really like to get one...i have 4 tats so far, none D G related, but i definitely have some D G ideas for my next one. ill post pix if/when i get it..

I have 3 tattoos now, but on down the line of one's I've planned out I'm planning on getting a Innova Discatcher on my left calf. Here's the picture I'm using for the stencil when it's time...Nice grass below it, real bright in color.

Attachments

• Disc Golf 14.jpg
    Disc Golf 14.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 176
I have always been wary of sports related tattoos. I played rugby in college, and always thought of getting a tat of a rugby ball, but after I quit playing, I was really glad I didn't. I realized that, for me, tattoos represent who I am, not what I'm into. I have 7 so far, including a half sleeve and lower leg. All of mine represent a turning point in my life or an ideology that I hold.

However, I will be very tempted if I ever get an ACE!!

No that's not a Nuke. :doh: I got this tat before the Nuke Came out. I'm an x-ray technologist so It seemed fitting to have the sun with the universal radiation symbol in it.

I'm one of the few Marines I know that didn't get a tattoo. Even if I did I don't think I could think of a cool disc golf related tat.

I only got 1 while in the Corps, my blood type and SS# tattooed on my side.
The unit I was attached to at the time recommended it, so that when we got blew to hell, at least some of the pieces would go into the right bag...

Latest posts