• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Valley

Kinda frustrated with owlwood. I love the look and detail and all. But going to low resolution sucks the nut, on a phone. Better be within 50' or the basket looks like a bush.
I like the effort, but damn guys!
I gotta wait 3 minutes, and two fly by passes around my disc before it is even recognized as being stopped?
Been trying to stick with it, but this is bad.
Scoring my par holes well might help, but really, those holes kinda ruin the game play.
Not that i was any good anyway...

Last edited:
Finally hit 950 at level 100. Switched back to the sticky glide pure because I was getting too many high pole-outs with the fuse, though I'm still bagging the fuse because it's very useful. Back to bagging just a light glide ballista and wind fade ballista. The ballista overlaps with my glide wind recoil a lot, but I don't have another ballista that's useful. I would bag a skip if I had a decent one (my turn and fade skippers aren't so great imo)

Finally hit 950 at level 100. Switched back to the sticky glide pure because I was getting too many high pole-outs with the fuse, though I'm still bagging the fuse because it's very useful. Back to bagging just a light glide ballista and wind fade ballista. The ballista overlaps with my glide wind recoil a lot, but I don't have another ballista that's useful. I would bag a skip if I had a decent one (my turn and fade skippers aren't so great imo)
Even when I just had a turn skip it got me much easier eagles on some of the windswept par 4s. But yeah - not nearly as nice as a good glide skip. :)

so, finally shot a 1006 rated round in a pro tour round, and thought I'd just jump into a multi-player. ouch. got stuck in high walled creek and couldn't get out :wall:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-07-23-22-27-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-07-23-22-27-44.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 28
so, finally shot a 1006 rated round in a pro tour round, and thought I'd just jump into a multi-player. ouch. got stuck in high walled creek and couldn't get out :wall:

Ouch! Nothing gets you down quite like a dodeca-bogey.

There are definitely some holes and spots where it's way better to re-throw than proceeding to lie.

Ouch! Nothing gets you down quite like a dodeca-bogey.

There are definitely some holes and spots where it's way better to re-throw than proceeding to lie.
Yeah. I'll be honest I tried to get out of those spots way too many times. It took me too long to learn to just go to re-throw and stop being an idiot.

Sometimes though you cannot tell you are in an impossible lie unless you go to it.
You learn. I promise you learn. lol Eventually you discover them all. And if you just mean you don't know exactly where you went out - keep an eye on your minimap. Your dot will move to where your lie is going to be so that you can decide to re-throw or go to that lie.

That's a bummer. A couple days ago I was -10 going into hole 8 on a multiplayer round and then it froze up, kicked me out and gave me the dreaded negative round rating... So annoying.

Have they updated the Owlwood ratings? If so, it still doesn't seem to match the difficulty.

Owlwood continues to be a pain. That last hole, especially, seems nearly impossible to birdie in some wind conditions.

I'm curious how they calculate ratings. The Owlwood holes seem particularly bogus. I assume the designers just assigned a random rating to each hole (and wind condition?). It would be interesting if they were actually calculated from players' scores like PDGA ratings.

Owlwood round ratings feel broken. Getting 2/3 birdies is relatively quite solid, from what I can see in the multiplayer. Hope they fix it. I did hit 980 in the last update though. This patch is amazing for scoring.

Anyone else pretty much 100% figured out the lightning-bolt par-4 hole on Owlwood?

For those that haven't: Follow the left side.

Owlwood round ratings feel broken. Getting 2/3 birdies is relatively quite solid, from what I can see in the multiplayer. Hope they fix it. I did hit 980 in the last update though. This patch is amazing for scoring.
Someone, I think etdefender, said above that Owlwood was still at totally neutral ratings. I imagine Owlwood rounds will be going up as soon as they have enough data from the players to adjust.

The rating update prior to Owlwood I grinded 25 rounds out and had a 999 rating.
I just grinded out 25 for the most recent event and had a solid set, but I just didn't encounter enough high eagle chance holes to do much. Scored a 979 with 1 round under 945, all 25 rounds at -8 or better with the -10s alone outnumbering the -8s... Not nearly as many 1025-1075 rounds as before, not nearly as many 11s-13s. Mixing in Owlwood, especially this unadjusted Owlwood, feels like it hits the rating a bit. So I can't wait to see the ratings adjusted appropriately.

Someone, I think etdefender, said above that Owlwood was still at totally neutral ratings. I imagine Owlwood rounds will be going up as soon as they have enough data from the players to adjust.

The rating update prior to Owlwood I grinded 25 rounds out and had a 999 rating.
I just grinded out 25 for the most recent event and had a solid set, but I just didn't encounter enough high eagle chance holes to do much. Scored a 979 with 1 round under 945, all 25 rounds at -8 or better with the -10s alone outnumbering the -8s... Not nearly as many 1025-1075 rounds as before, not nearly as many 11s-13s. Mixing in Owlwood, especially this unadjusted Owlwood, feels like it hits the rating a bit. So I can't wait to see the ratings adjusted appropriately.

Some of the OW holes (the first four at least) will be likely rated easier than they are now once the ratings update. Whenever I hit OW holes, I'm hoping those are the ones that come up

Last edited:
Some of the OW holes (1-4 at least) will be rated easier than they are now once the ratings update. Whenever I hit OW holes, I'm hoping those are the ones that come up
True. Though hole 2 still doesn't ring up as many eagles as most par 4s seem to. I manage more 2's than 4's but not by a lot. But I play to slide up as close to the water line as I can. I'm hoping 7-9 get some nice tough ratings because I feel like I have all of those locked in.

True. Though hole 2 still doesn't ring up as many eagles as most par 4s seem to. I manage more 2's than 4's but not by a lot. But I play to slide up as close to the water line as I can. I'm hoping 7-9 get some nice tough ratings because I feel like I have all of those locked in.

The throw-in line on two for me just doesn't react like it does on other holes/courses. I don't hit nearly as many eagles on that hole as it seems like I should

The throw-in line on two for me just doesn't react like it does on other holes/courses. I don't hit nearly as many eagles on that hole as it seems like I should
I think its more downhill than most people realize. That's why I try to get as close to the shore as I can - to bring the shot more neutral (well, and get it under 40m).

Latest posts