• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Wiki?

I would also be interested to see if any of the "DeeGee gods" join up... For now, the site is up for people to start editing on. I'll work on polishing things up over the next few days. Most importantly, I am going to try and find a way to upgrade the editor interface because the default one is pretty lame.

@ hewittdallas - you might want to consider enabling some type of registration (instead of a basic signup) so that bots can't create bogus accounts and spam the site. I'm all for free access to information, but you gotta CYA.

I like where this is going. Way to take the initiative.

Whoops...just got the email requesting confirmation...never mind!

The software should be fairly solid as it is the same used for Wikipedia. I honestly have little idea how to configure it, but that should only take a little time to figure out. Thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming.

i support this idea.

maybe follow the general structure of the ball golf wiki page:

Contents
1 Origin
2 Golf course
3 Play of the game
4 Rules and regulations
4.1 Penalties
5 Equipment
6 Stroke mechanics
7 Scoring and handicapping
7.1 Par
7.1.1 Scoring
7.2 Basic forms of golf
7.2.1 Match play
7.2.2 Stroke play
7.3 Other forms of golf
7.3.1 Skins
7.3.2 Stableford
7.3.3 Team play
7.4 Handicap systems
8 Popularity
9 Professional golf
9.1 Instruction
9.2 Golf tours
9.3 Men's major championships
9.4 Women's major championships
9.5 Senior major championships
10 Events
11 See also
12 References
13 External links

Yep, great resource.

It would appear that the WikiMedia software was originally developed for "in house" use so they didn't put much effort into ease of use in the design. However, I like the simplicity of what it offers and the similarity to Wikipedia, which most of us are familiar with.

Very nice!!!
Just signed up... good work hewitt! :hfive:

Thanks. I'm just glad others are getting behind the idea. I just wanted a wiki for the game because there is so much to learn! :)

If someone here is a graphics guru, the wiki could use a logo. ;)

Looking for a 135x135 PNG-24 with transparent background.

I threw up a temporary logo for the time being, but something a bit more "professional" would be great!

Okay, the response to the wiki has been great so far and many have already signed up. The next step is getting people to start contributing!

I know that may seem daunting at first, but anything you know about the game will help. As we get things started, don't worry about making it perfect on the first try. This is a group effort and others can build upon the work you begin.

Thanks again for checking out the wiki. If you are reading this and know a lot about the game, we need you!

Helpful stuff here too. If you don't want to learn wiki coding.

Dang, you are the master of useful information! :)

I am hoping to upgrade the built in editor to something a little more user friendly. Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to take a look at making this happen yet. I understand there are some plugins/mods available that should enhance the editing experience though.

Between work, moving, and actually playing disc golf, it's hard to find time to make everything happen.

I started fleshing out some basic terms to try to get things rolling. It's awfully hard to describe some of these things without using the term itself. :\ I'm only putting two or three sentences in the descriptions so someone more knowledgeable can flesh them out when they get the chance :)

I started fleshing out some basic terms to try to get things rolling. It's awfully hard to describe some of these things without using the term itself. :\ I'm only putting two or three sentences in the descriptions so someone more knowledgeable can flesh them out when they get the chance :)

That is exactly what we need to get this thing rolling. Great work! As the framework begins to take shape, it will be easier for others to come behind and start filling in the spaces.

this would be solid idea and then access thrue apps on phones would be great too

That is definitely feasible. The wiki platform should already format well onto most mobile browsers. I will take a look at what would be required to optimize it for those purposes in the future.

A lot a work was accomplished on the wiki today. Thank you to everyone who has participated so far!