• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc STEALER'S

B-radmufukinB

I hate people that pick up your disc that is next to the basket when their are several big groups around or your letting them play through you. In this past 3 months i have had 3 bad ass disc stolen from me. Plus its not like its my fault on all three shots the disc were stolen from me they were drives that are parked under the basket. for some dumb reason newbi players dont understand that u can throw that far they just thought o sweet a disc and even maybe i could blame it on the ****ing stoners out there...and im not talking about the stoners that r actually good and understand the sport.. i just want a course that i could play that my **** wont get picked up and its some major bs when its your disc.... If this is happening to you then you should beat some ass cause thats my new policy no more will this happen to me.

Can't say I've ever had it happen like that, I've had kids pick my disc up and either their parents would inform them it wasn't theirs or I would ask them nicely to place it back where or at least near where they picked it up. I've never had someone purposely pick it up to claim it as theirs though.

I hate people that pick up your disc that is next to the basket when their are several big groups around or your letting them play through you. In this past 3 months i have had 3 bad ass disc stolen from me. Plus its not like its my fault on all three shots the disc were stolen from me they were drives that are parked under the basket. for some dumb reason newbi players dont understand that u can throw that far they just thought o sweet a disc and even maybe i could blame it on the ****ing stoners out there...and im not talking about the stoners that r actually good and understand the sport.. i just want a course that i could play that my **** wont get picked up and its some major bs when its your disc.... If this is happening to you then you should beat some ass cause thats my new policy no more will this happen to me.

Disc Stealers? lol

Pehaps you meant thieves. Unless of course you were talking about the NFL team, which would be the Steelers.

Time to start writing on your discs "I have the herpes and I scratch my open sores with this disc"

That does suck! I now find myself almost jogging on busy days to my thrown disc in fear of some newbie or @$$ picking it up and walking off with it. I get better exercise ;), but find my bag all over the place and perhaps my putter falling out:thmbdown:! That is why it is getting to the point where even during a casual round you need a spotter, cause when it is busy, there is a lot more dging issues which happen.

Last edited:
I was playing DG about a week ago with 3 friends, a guy at the course picked up one of my friends discs and ran to his car and peeled off. I was pretty shocked someone was that much of a douchebag but those kind of people are out there. And people find it shocking that more people dont return discs when there are people who will grab them in front of you and run off.

Too much to ask?

Wow, that is rediculous. Is it too much to ask, "hey did you throw a red wraith?" before picking a disc up? Common sense would dictate that if you are playing through with others around, the disc on the ground may be theirs. I had a friend forget a disc in some brush after his next shot and we walked halfway to the next tee and went back to find some guys finishing up that same hole. The disc was nowhere to be found, and they denied seeing it. A blind man with a blind dog could've seen the disc. :thmbdown:

in niggaz defense, if you dont have a bead on your disc, you shouldnt act surprised that it got ganked. i know that, if i throw more than one, i tag where it went in my mind and am mindful of anyone who approaches the general vicinity. if a shot goes near a tee and i leave it there to pick up after i finish out the hole and someone goes to play that hole, i ask them to leave my disc be. not rudely...just making them aware that it belongs to someone and that they should keep their hands off.

This both surprises and saddens me. I have never heard of this happening on any course around here. All thieves are scum, and disc thieves will never get an honest score with a stolen disc. It's not like new discs are too expensive or used plastic is that valuable.

This happens more then I'd like to admitt at my home course. Some are just dumb and don't realize but some are thiefs. Lucky for me(them) most know not to steal from an Irish/Mexican;)

A fat girl stole a disc from the middle of a 700 open fairway while I was helping some random look for his. I didn't think she could move so fast:(

I hope I never see someone trying to steal my disc...
They should hope for the same thing.

I've never caught anyone stealing my disc in plain sight, but if I did, there would be a confrontation.

Never happened to me although one time it almost did. Throwing on a blind hole there were some teens hanging around the next tee. One started walking toward my disc. I had a spotter and they moved on when they seen him.

I had a dx shark stolen out of the middle of the fairway. nbd right, just a dx disc - though it was one of my first discs and I only owned 3 discs at the time, so my next round that day was played with a starfire/aviar after feeling helpless without my shark the event resulted in a plastic binge, within the month I had 20 discs - so I think that's a positive result of getting my disc stolen...

I'm not sure where it ended up, either a father and son on the hole in front of me, I saw them looking at it and waved at them, when I got to it, it was gone. It could have also been this random guy wandering around the course that had 7 cop cars surrounding him after I finished the round - dang, they take disc thievery seriously around here.

Wow, how many times it is going to take before you start standing near your disc when you let people play through?

"Guys! This thing has happened to me three times and it is easily preventable. Instead of taking the appropriate action I am going to make a passive aggressive thread on the internet about it" - ba-dumboshke or whatever.

Latest posts