• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc STEALER'S

Never had this problem. Maybe this illustrates why.

Me: You guys want to play through on this hole?
Other guys: Sure!

Scenario A-Our card hasn't thrown drives yet. Quick group drives and finishes hole.

Other guys: Thanks a lot!
Me: Have a good game and stay in school!...
This is the only way to go.^ If people are on your heels and want to play through, tell them they can... as soon as your group finishes the current hole. Finish the hole, wait at the next teebox while they play the hole, and everybody's happy. No problems.

As far as discs way out of bounds, around doglegs, etc... well, there will always be crafty theives.
I say CCW... FTW :D

Theres a lot of awesome DG parks here and then there are some that are rowdy and trashy. Ever see white trash pushing a baby stroller around the DG course with a cigarette dangling from their mouth, their Def leopard T-shirt has the sleeves ripped off and theres a case of beer in the stroller with a dirty kid? I have hundreds of times.

*coughs brewer*

Last edited:
This thread REALLY makes me want to play in Michigan now.

It's not a Michigan thing, it's a growth thing. I'd argue that we have more casuals playing in mi. then any other state. Over 130 courses! We also have some of the best examples of discers as well but with the new numbers it's hard to teach ettiquite to people that have broken moral compasses. On a high note, I beleive we have more cute dg girls then everyone else:)

today on hole 1 of veterans park arlington tx my little brothers memorial nuke was stolen. he jumped out of a car on its way out grabbed it and left.

We all pick up discs, it's just the nature of the game. However a buddy of mine was accused of stealing a disc and pretty much yelled at by some ******* who obviously takes the game too seriously. Went a little something like this...

Was on hole 10 of 12 at the local course we were kind of frustrated as a group of 6 was playing ahead of us and not letting anyone play through or even play along. Hole is approx 450' slants left to right downhill with a creek at the bottom. We watch in dismay as 3 of the 6 proceed to send there drives out of sight into the creek.

We wait 15 minutes of them searching and there's already two groups behind us so we tee off and par the hole quickly and begin to move on...Beside the hole, off to the right about 10ft is a champ orc. My thinking is A. They didn't drive it this far and B. I haven't seen 'em shoot a second sooo...I pick it up and read the name on the back, no phone #, and ask the nearest member of the previous group, "You guys missing a champ orc? Jerry is the name?" he responds "No" and we move on the the next teebox.

Finish the 11th and walking back towards 12 and the parking lot. The disc clearly in my buddies' hand wasn't trying to be sneaky by keeping it in his bag. We even asked the group ahead of us if they had left a champ orc behind and sure enough no one.

Hanging out in the parking lot with some friends just hanging out, and a guy from the group of 6 comes up and whistles at us and is yelling "HEY I SEE YOU, DON'T YOU ****ERS MOVE, YOU STOLE MY ****ING DISC!" We tried explaining to him we asked the nearest member of his group and he told us they weren't playing with a Jerry. Dude was hot. Calling names saying he's going to tell all the regulars we're disc thieves and etc we'll be lucky to even show our faces around here etc etc.

I understand some anger etc. but there's a lot of honest mistakes that happen out there, everyone here's found a disc or picked one up just the nature of the sport, just don't get all hot like that dude did, all in all it's more or less a $10 piece of plastic.

Your mistake was hanging out in the parking lot. Bad stuff happens when you hang out in the parking lot.

The other day, a friend and I are out playing. I shank my drive into some very heavy shule. My friend and I drop our bags in the fairway and dive into the vegetation. My friend finds a champion Banshee with a number on it. A couple of minutes later, I happen to look out to the fairway and see a guy on a mountain digging through my bag. I stepped out and said, "Can I help you?"

Talk about looking like a deer caught in the headlights, the guy stammers he thought someone had left their bag and he was going to try to return it to them. Two bags in the middle of the fairway, yeah, right!

He asks if he can join us and I give him the benefit of the doubt thinking if he was a thief, he wouldn't have asked or hung around.

Walking up the fairway, my friend shows me the disc he found and I call the number. The bike guy laughs and says he's found over 60 discs and has never called any back. Then, he says it's their tough sh@t for losing the discs in the first place.

I stopped dead in my tracks and told him, "Maybe the group behind us would love your company cuz you're done here! Come near me or my equipment again and I'll break my foot off in your @ss!" My friend adds, "Ditto for me!"

The guy went bug eyed for a second and took off.

Maybe not a thief but definitely someone I don't want to associate with.

Woodpecker

I've never had problems letting a group play through with discs from our drives sitting throughout the fairway, groups behind me returning a disc of mine I forgot on a previous hole, or having people call me when they've found my disc. I wonder if it's different for girls?

Maybe they just don't want my 150 Valk's! :)

Seriously....not just 150 Valks, also 175 Star Drivers and other nice plastic.
Haha me and my friend were going to try a social experiment and put two beat discs fairly close to eachother 10ft or so, one with a guys name the other a females, basically to test this theory.

I've never had problems letting a group play through with discs from our drives sitting throughout the fairway, groups behind me returning a disc of mine I forgot on a previous hole, or having people call me when they've found my disc. I wonder if it's different for girls?

I bet it is. I've actually seriously considered writing a lady's name and my # on some of my nicer plastic.

the other day at bag tag league, I threw a shot and it went in a different fairway and these dang rec players picked it up and hid it in the bushes on the next hole. I got penalized two strokes for a lost disc and ended up losing by two strokes. Funny thing was, next hole I 5ed what was an easy duece hole cause I was super mad. Then after it was over, the kids that were behind us and picked up my disc were sitting in the parking lot, so my buddy and I were like... hmm let's go check the bushes, I'm sure they would have left if they already had it, and lo and behold, there it was in the bushes on the next hole. Stupid kids, at least I got my disc back.

the other day at bag tag league, I threw a shot and it went in a different fairway and these dang rec players picked it up and hid it in the bushes on the next hole. I got penalized two strokes for a lost disc and ended up losing by two strokes. Funny thing was, next hole I 5ed what was an easy duece hole cause I was super mad. Then after it was over, the kids that were behind us and picked up my disc were sitting in the parking lot, so my buddy and I were like... hmm let's go check the bushes, I'm sure they would have left if they already had it, and lo and behold, there it was in the bushes on the next hole. Stupid kids, at least I got my disc back.

Brilliant deduction Watson.

Someone needs to adapt RFID tags for DG. That'd be sweet.

or use a spotter...yeah that works too.

I bet you're a really likable guy. It's perfectly reasonable to assume that everyone who wants to play through is out to steal your disc.

Likeable or not, funny replies on a website doesn't replace stolen disc