• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Disc used on longest throw

Most of my longest drives have been w/ my 169g pink star Destroyer. Flat ~ 400. Downhill or w/ wind help = 450+.

My first 400+ drive came on a big downhill anny w/ a roadrunner.. one of my longest drives ever... :)

I've thrown both a 150 DX Viking 390 and a 150 DX Destroyer about 385' in practice, measured. Both were long turn-over S shots. Not sure of my longest on an actual course, probably around 360'.

172 star destroyer....a little over 400 on flat ground, i throw plenty close to 400 on a regular basis but if i had to guess my max is 415-420.

bh is a different story - star orc, 375-380

No clue the actual distance, ~420' with a 175 champ first run boss.

Champion Boss 174 grams has a few of my furthest throws. It's had some real good bombs, mostly on open holes though.

In practice I have thrown my DX Valkyrie 175g about 240' bh. I usually don't play with it. Just not consistent enough with it. I can throw most of my discs at least 210' consistently.

In game I have thrown my Elite Z Cyclone 174g about 220-230' bh. I have likely thrown a little further just have never measured.

I have played just about a year now and was never really athletic before starting disc golf. At least I can throw further than the 100-150' I was throwing the first couple times out.

Last edited:
Furthest throw on flat with little/ no skip is about 480 ft. I've done this with my champion destroyer and with my champion boss.

Furthest throw with a slight downhill is 500+

Beaten Champ Orc was my farthest hitting 500ft couple times.

I also thrown Champ Teebird at 400ft.

550-600' feet downhill on hole 20-something on Hickory Hills, Traverse City, MI with an Innova Wraith. FLat ground 410' with a Discraft Surge ESP first run.

I'm guessing 290-310 feet with either a 169 Star TeeRex or a 168 Discwing QK. I just got my QK II in the mail though and can't wait to throw it...I think I may break my record tonight!

I did throw my Dragon into a moving stream once and it probably floated a few thousand feet:) Stupid floaters!!!

Latest posts