• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania Deep in the Game:Ep 5-Monster Distance

Man I get the vibe that Avery is taking his role in "furthering the sport" way to seriously. I mean I'm very happy that the effort is being made and the quality is top notch, but I thinK AJ feels like he is the face of disc golf. I would love to have seen this idea executed by feldberg or schultz or something. All these videos Avery has been putting up are kinda turning me off.

Maybe its just me.

Man I get the vibe that Avery is taking his role in "furthering the sport" way to seriously. I mean I'm very happy that the effort is being made and the quality is top notch, but I thinK AJ feels like he is the face of disc golf. I would love to have seen this idea executed by feldberg or schultz or something. All these videos Avery has been putting up are kinda turning me off.

Maybe its just me.

Do you have a personal vendetta against Avery?? I just ask, cuz I do not feel the same, but have no personal experience with Avery.

i like the videos but the third was the best video.

distance is what everybody wnats.... i miss all my putts and after a round people ask man you were crushing drives. i wish i made more than 1 out of 10 putts outside the circle.

Do you have a personal vendetta against Avery?? I just ask, cuz I do not feel the same, but have no personal experience with Avery.

Good queston. Short answered. nope, lol. I have a completely unfair bias. I really don't know much about him besides his tournament placings and what I read and hear in interviews. I think it might just be me, I just get a weird vibe. I agree with lots of previous posts that the early videos were great but these later entries i can't explain it it reminds me of bands that I used to play with that were so concerned with production quality that the musical content was put on the back burner.

Man I get the vibe that Avery is taking his role in "furthering the sport" way to seriously. I mean I'm very happy that the effort is being made and the quality is top notch, but I thinK AJ feels like he is the face of disc golf. I would love to have seen this idea executed by feldberg or schultz or something.

It's good to have one or several people out there who are the face(s) of disc golf, ideally folks who are enthusiastic and look athletic. AJ does well on those two counts.

Plus, he's usually available to do interviews while finals are going on. Just kidding! :)

Avery's heart is in the right place, but maybe it's just his demeanor that makes him come off as smug. I get the smug vibe from both Jussi and Avery. Maybe it's just me as well.

yeah i said the same thing seems like a ton of non disc golf stuff in all these videos. i think they should think pure 100 percent instruction or video of throws. don't have a 5min car ride start the video because i would rather see throws with multiple cameras instead of a video of driving.

Good queston. Short answered. nope, lol. I have a completely unfair bias. I really don't know much about him besides his tournament placings and what I read and hear in interviews. I think it might just be me, I just get a weird vibe. I agree with lots of previous posts that the early videos were great but these later entries i can't explain it it reminds me of bands that I used to play with that were so concerned with production quality that the musical content was put on the back burner.

Avery's heart is in the right place, but maybe it's just his demeanor that makes him come off as smug. I get the smug vibe from both Jussi and Avery. Maybe it's just me as well.

Yeah they are definitely trying a little too hard to be cool in these videos. Obnoxiously edited to, for me. I think the idea is make disc golf seem cool, and more people will play, and people newer to the game are probably more likely to buy that which the cool guys use.

But yeah it seems to be there could be nothing more pointless to spend a video talking about than 360 drives -- those to whom it will ever be of ANY use (distance comp throwers) will gain zero from this, and those who go try it will probably hurt themselves and/or generate silly long backups on courses.

Just make a demo video that's all about promoting AJ/Innova/DiscMania, or make an instructional video that might be of some use. When they dropped that forehand video I thought they might actually be getting somewhere, but this one is probably the dumbest yet.

And that mental game one was cheesy as hell, but it's a good point -- the mental game is the biggest hurdle for most to overcome.

Both are good guys with their hearts and minds in the right place. They are really driven to take the ball and run with it to promote the sport to a broad spectrum of consumers. Avery has gone to great lengths, including sacrificing his own game to make furhtering disc golf possible. <--- Love this.

The videos are more generic than most experienced viewers would need, but there are some little nuggets in there. But....it really is meant for ramping up the game of new players, and in a much cooler format than previously released stuff. If you've ever seen disc golf coverage from European events, especially the Swedish one, they are top quality. These videos have that same kind of feel, and maybe not to a good end where the music is involved.

You know there are new players out there right now, maybe even reading this, that think the vids are cool as hell. If so, they've done there job, and hopefully we don't turn them off by bagging on something they thought was cool. A big step in the right direction, if not a perfect hammer strike right on the head. IMHO

Latest posts