• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania p2

Why can I not shake the urge two want to give the P2 a long term test here as of late? I am enamored by this disc here lately and I am sure it's because of the FD. Also I fondled an MD5 when I bought my C line FD and man did it feel super sweet.

No need to buy one to test it out. I have plenty of backup stiff P-Lines. I'd be happy to let you toss them for a few months and break em in for me :D

So Simon throw a P2 "sky god" 466feet !! in his latest vlog . . .semi serious question, why use mids, fairways and drivers when he can throw a putter that far. . a controlled 450feet putter throw is insane, can´t really belive it..that 100feet further than my best with a driver!!

So Simon throw a P2 "sky god" 466feet !! in his latest vlog . . .semi serious question, why use mids, fairways and drivers when he can throw a putter that far. . a controlled 450feet putter throw is insane, can´t really belive it..that 100feet further than my best with a driver!!

That wasn't a controlled throw, he didn't know if it would land at 465 or 440 or 480. Putters get pushed around way more in the wind over mids and especially drivers.

And lastly. Height. He needs lots of height to throw a putter that far. He could throw a driver that far about 8 feet off the ground.

Not to take anything away from his ability though. It is amazing. He is probably the best distance putter thrower (there's a category) alive. Pretty remarkable.

Last edited:
That wasn't a controlled throw, he didn't know if it would land at 465 or 440 or 480. Putters get pushed around way more in the wind over mids and especially drivers.

And lastly. Height. He needs lots of height to throw a putter that far. He could throw a driver that far about 8 feet off the ground.

Not to take anything away from his ability though. It is amazing. He is probably the best distance putter thrower (there's a category) alive. Pretty remarkable.

I was going to say the same things, and add in fade and skip. Sometimes you need those things for certain shots.

I didn´t really mean he should only play with putter. . more that he could. . and still get all the distance you need.

would be interesting to hear in what range he uses the Putters over mids. . and fairways vs mids and so on

Analogous story: when Steve Bartkowski was drafted by the Atlanta Falcons in 1975 or so, he went to training camp. The QB coach handed him a football and said "throw this as far as you can." Bartkowski allegedly threw the ball 103 yards in the air. Afterwards, the coach turned to him and said "Don't ever do that again."

Point being: Simon CAN throw a putter 466 feet. Doesn't mean he SHOULD, nor that such a shot is his best one to throw at any time during a tournament.

I didn´t really mean he should only play with putter. . more that he could. . and still get all the distance you need.

would be interesting to hear in what range he uses the Putters over mids. . and fairways vs mids and so on

More about hitting the specific lines called for. Different shaped discs do different things it isn't just about the distance.

I just got in from putting with a couple soft P-lines. It was windy, but I just wanted to get out and toss these things. I've gotta say they glide like crazy. It's unseasonably warm today, but I'm sure they'll glide less in the cold weather. They feel great, but the wind took them a little too easily when it was gusting. When it died down, I compared them to my relatively fresh D-line and they seemed to have about the same amount of glide. The soft P-lines were a little more stable, but they're also brand new. Definitely less stable than regular P-line. I'll have to get back out there soon on a calmer day.

I just got in from putting with a couple soft P-lines. It was windy, but I just wanted to get out and toss these things. I've gotta say they glide like crazy. It's unseasonably warm today, but I'm sure they'll glide less in the cold weather. They feel great, but the wind took them a little too easily when it was gusting. When it died down, I compared them to my relatively fresh D-line and they seemed to have about the same amount of glide. The soft P-lines were a little more stable, but they're also brand new. Definitely less stable than regular P-line. I'll have to get back out there soon on a calmer day.

Agree with everything but I haven't thrown regular p line enough to confirm pretty similar to x line all around

My girl got me a pretty cool p2 anyone know if there is more of these out there?

I have read through this thread and think I know the answers, but can someone tell me how the sky gods and p-line soft fly? I am looking for a fairly overstable p2 and one that is more neutral and I think that is the combo I want to work with once the soft gets broken in a little.

I have read through this thread and think I know the answers, but can someone tell me how the sky gods and p-line soft fly? I am looking for a fairly overstable p2 and one that is more neutral and I think that is the combo I want to work with once the soft gets broken in a little.

I cant speak from experience but the sky god run flies overstable and the soft p lines are pretty neutral.

If you want a consistent feel you could always throw just p or d lines. Those soft p lines are hard to find, good luck getting one in good shape. My p line is pretty overstable at 280.

Sky gods are definitely the most overstable I've thrown. I have an S-line that I like throwing that's pretty neutral. It doesn't turn over, but stays straight until fading at the very end of the flight. P and soft P-lines are also neutral, but I've putted with them more than I've thrown them. My home course tears up base line plastic unfortunately.

Has anyone tried the glow c-lines? If so, what were your thoughts on them. Soft or firm, overstable?

I got one in a mystery box with an astronaut stamp. I haven't thrown it much cause of the snow but when I went to a gym to throw up shots it seemed to have more turn than my skygod and s line but it definitely still had a solid fade