• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania Thread (Part II)

The new MD5

attachment.php

definitely trying one

I like the New C line. I slowly moved a lot of discmania out of my bag because of innova run inconsistency and difficulty getting what I needed. Some of my fav all time molds have been discmania (PD, PD2, FD, CD2). I switch back and forth between the origin and comet frequently as well. Now I am afraid to try new stuff cause I really don't want to mix up my bag again.
I know FDs had some differences between colors, but in general how consistent run to run has the new C line been? New S line PDs also sound super tempting. I loved good mild dome S line Freaks...

I like the New C line. I slowly moved a lot of discmania out of my bag because of innova run inconsistency and difficulty getting what I needed. Some of my fav all time molds have been discmania (PD, PD2, FD, CD2). I switch back and forth between the origin and comet frequently as well. Now I am afraid to try new stuff cause I really don't want to mix up my bag again.
I know FDs had some differences between colors, but in general how consistent run to run has the new C line been? New S line PDs also sound super tempting. I loved good mild dome S line Freaks...

It's hard to tell how consistent they are run to run because their production is so new. There are variances between plastics and colors, but they are relatively small. I throw 375-400 max distance so bigger arms may experience a bigger difference. To me the actual shape of the discs is more consistent than Innova, there are variances in domes but they are within the range of acceptability - no soup bowls.

If you like the molds, I think a C-Line FD and S-Line PD are certainly worth trying. I think the new PD is pretty true to the original mold, and you may enjoy the slightly more overstable flight of the new FD.

So far across all the new production, variance in stability in my experience seems pretty low. I think the biggest outliers are S-FD (a lot less stable versus C-line, which I know a lot of people welcome) and proto C-DD3 (more overstable than the rest, but its a proto, so)

Barring any unforeseen delays I should have my Horizon FD3s in tomorrow. I've got a pre release FD3 from the mystery boxes to compare it to, and may have an OG FD3 kicking around somewhere, if not I'll see if I can borrow one for a few comp pics.

Barring any unforeseen delays I should have my Horizon FD3s in tomorrow. I've got a pre release FD3 from the mystery boxes to compare it to, and may have an OG FD3 kicking around somewhere, if not I'll see if I can borrow one for a few comp pics.

Yeah buddy! My set of Doombird 4 will be here on Monday! I'm looking forward to your comments. I'm guessing the Horizon FD3 are the same as DB4.

Yeah buddy! My set of Doombird 4 will be here on Monday! I'm looking forward to your comments. I'm guessing the Horizon FD3 are the same as DB4.

Yeah, I couldn't remember the name of the sig series off the top of my head 🤦

Doombird 4 discs are in the house. I received two pink/black, and one teal/black. At lunch just now I threw 9 holes DB4 compared to the '22 EO MF. DB4 has a bit of dome, EO is board flat. Flights are very similar, with slight more stability on the DB4.

Feel is very nice. Enough grip without being tacky. Glossy but not slick.

Doombird 4 discs are in the house. I received two pink/black, and one teal/black. At lunch just now I threw 9 holes DB4 compared to the '22 EO MF. DB4 has a bit of dome, EO is board flat. Flights are very similar, with slight more stability on the DB4.

Feel is very nice. Enough grip without being tacky. Glossy but not slick.

You mentioned paradigms a bit ago. What do you think of them? Do you bag them?

Curious your thoughts on the new s-line discs, everyone? I grabbed a yellow DD3 and a teal FD.

Digging the dd3. Crushing forehands on it.

But…

The feel of the FD in had is strange to me. I can't put my finger on it? Perhaps it's the combination of the slight dome and the rigidity/glossiness of the plastic? Are they too slick? I've never thrown an OG, so I can't speak comparatively. But I was hoping this was going to be THE ONE and it's honestly not clicking. Might be user error.

Looking forward to hearing from people with more experience, skill, and insight.

You mentioned paradigms a bit ago. What do you think of them? Do you bag them?

For me the Paradigm fly exactly like the DD1, and I think they both should have been 11 speeds. I bag the DD1 regularly, and the Paradigm is in my 10 disc bag in the work truck.

The Paradigm will hold a slight anhyzer for most of its flight, but I don't see 1.5 turn flip-up with my arm speed.

The new S-Line DD3s (white) that I bought resembled the flight of my least-stable Innova S-DD3. So, less stable like DM said. However, for my noodle arm, I still got more distance with an old S-Line TD or S-CD or S-TDx thrown flat.

The new S-Line PD (orange) was a tad more stable than my early run Innova S-PDs. My older S-PDs are used, but not beat up. For my noodle arm they're not really useful.

The new S-Line FD (Royal Blue) was a revelation. Less stable by a bit, and the glide is much better, and the finish doesn't dump over like the new C-FDs. For a tight tunnel, it will finish straighter without skipping off into the brush like the new C-FDs. After throwing the one S-FD that I bought, I went out and got two more.

The 2 S-DD3s and 1 S-PD that I got are more than I need.

Any difference in the dome between the two? I have a teal one myself.

Good call. Looks like the blue has a bit less dome than the teal. Hard to tell with my failed dye job on the blue. I'm at work, so bad photo setting.

Attachments

• 56019F8D-E5A0-4580-ACDF-B2DC67C85DC1.jpg
    56019F8D-E5A0-4580-ACDF-B2DC67C85DC1.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 39
  • B94D513B-20F6-4044-80D2-DFA640F26BEA.jpg
    B94D513B-20F6-4044-80D2-DFA640F26BEA.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 32
Good call. Looks like the blue has a bit less dome than the teal. Hard to tell with my failed dye job on the blue. I'm at work, so bad photo setting.

It can be a bit easier to compare the height of the dome if you put the discs upside down

Latest posts