• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania - X

GLine is much more flexible. Sounds like these are more subtle variations of the base D plastic, with a small bit of Pro mixed in for rubbery grip.

G-line is a little slicker and more flexible than X-line or XT. I would assume, like all plastics, that we'll see variances in the flexibility of X-line and XT. The Atlas I have is a tad stiffer than my p1xs and my Aviar P&As. Not a lot, but a little.
If you try to drag/push your thumb across the flight plate of x-line/xt, it grabs and catches instead of sliding easily. Very much like a Yeti, but just slightly softer and more flexible overall. Even at temps down into the teens it still retains that tackiness, which is part of the reason I'm loving the x-p1x for putting. (Haven't noticed any issues with bounce outs or anything.)

Great... Now I need a couple D line for summer/fall and a couple X line for cold and/or wet

I'd recommend it. Obviously everyone is different, but the P1x is more comfortable in my hand than the Yeti also. Shape of the wing and the smaller bead just fits in my hand more comfortably.

I'm a dead center chain putter. I aim for the pole. I have to adjust when (practice) putting with my P1x, to avoid bounce outs. Usually from 20+ out. I'm not saying it's every time, but I don't adjust with Yetis. The role that my P1x has is approach and some driving duties. I am adamant about the P1x being the best approach Disc. I've never had something so reliable. Plus, i6 has tremendous glide, which adds to its strength. I can reach longer lengths that require hitting lines.

I'm a dead center chain putter. I aim for the pole. I have to adjust when (practice) putting with my P1x, to avoid bounce outs. Usually from 20+ out. I'm not saying it's every time, but I don't adjust with Yetis. The role that my P1x has is approach and some driving duties. I am adamant about the P1x being the best approach Disc. I've never had something so reliable. Plus, i6 has tremendous glide, which adds to its strength. I can reach longer lengths that require hitting lines.

I've noticed that when I hit within 5 to 6 inches of the top of the chains with force the likelihood of a bounce out gets a lot higher. Since the chains don't give very much up there, the disc takes most of the force and flexes a bit. In normal putting, hitting center chains (or even off center) and in the lower 2/3rds of the chains the X-line P1x sticks very well.

As for your approach comment as it being a great disc, I can't agree more. If a shot is straight and up to 275ft, I'm throwing the P1x straight at it and usually ending up in the circle. Throw it nose up for a predictable stall and fade, or shape it on a flat, hyper or anhyzer release. It just works for me like my Nova did, but feels more comfortable in the hand.

It just works for me like my Nova did, but feels more comfortable in the hand.

This is the Disc it replaced in my bag, for the exact same reasons.

As far as putting goes, I know it's my style of putting that keeps me from using the P1x (unless I'm deep ~ 45ft-60ft out). The Yeti is, at this point, WAY too consistent for me to change.

Yeah, that sounds about right. a XP2 and XP1X dropped in the mail yesterday and that description on the plastic fits the bill. hyped to try them out but spring is still a ways away. of course I can get a few shots in on the soccer field but the true test is when it is really game weather sometime in April.

Got my D Line P1x yesterday and got a chance to putt with it in the garage. Plastic feels very similar to my Aviar P&A, dare I say a bit more tacky. Not as much as the Yeti Pro, but P&A+. Looking forward to throwing it outside, but it may be a long time if it stays this cold...

The bead is maybe a "minimal feel" bead compared to your "strong" bead putters. The nose is rounded underneath and the bead feels like it's way under there, like a Spider. The bead on the Judge, Yeti, Challenger are more apparent. This is like a bead for people who like beadless putters. It's there, and because of the nose, it moves the bead out a little farther on my index finger. Still feels reassuring to have it there to place my finger, but it's more subtle.

Attached Profiles of other putters, and bead position Profiles. It's just as far away from the nose as most of the putters, but feels like it's farther underneath due to the deep round nose, rather then convex underwing of the Yeti or Judge. The nose and bead configuration look and feel much like the Ridge, that is, if you can stand the feeling of flat slick rubber :gross:

Height wise, I get this, tallest to flattest on the table:
Classic Aviar
Magnet
Aviar P&A = P1x = Yeti Pro (Yeti feels shallower due to puddle top)
Challenger (I have an old ProD that now has a sunken top, so maybe it's shorter now)
Ridge = Judge

P1x Vs All Horiz.jpgP1x Vs All Vert.jpg

I normally putt with yeti's, so I decided to give one of these P1x's a go. I snagged a d-line to try out. It was love at first putt. Great glide, straight flight, with a predictable slight hyzer finish. The d-line doesn't feel like it will be too durable, but could easily see myself cycling these guys. Now I need to find me an X-Line to try.

Got my D Line P1x yesterday and got a chance to putt with it in the garage. Plastic feels very similar to my Aviar P&A, dare I say a bit more tacky. Not as much as the Yeti Pro, but P&A+. Looking forward to throwing it outside, but it may be a long time if it stays this cold...

The bead is maybe a "minimal feel" bead compared to your "strong" bead putters. The nose is rounded underneath and the bead feels like it's way under there, like a Spider. The bead on the Judge, Yeti, Challenger are more apparent. This is like a bead for people who like beadless putters. It's there, and because of the nose, it moves the bead out a little farther on my index finger. Still feels reassuring to have it there to place my finger, but it's more subtle.

Attached Profiles of other putters, and bead position Profiles. It's just as far away from the nose as most of the putters, but feels like it's farther underneath due to the deep round nose, rather then convex underwing of the Yeti or Judge. The nose and bead configuration look and feel much like the Ridge, that is, if you can stand the feeling of flat slick rubber :gross:

Height wise, I get this, tallest to flattest on the table:
Classic Aviar
Magnet
Aviar P&A = P1x = Yeti Pro (Yeti feels shallower due to puddle top)
Challenger (I have an old ProD that now has a sunken top, so maybe it's shorter now)
Ridge = Judge

View attachment 52302View attachment 52303

Great post, thanks for the info!

After a few days of driving with the X-P1X I gotta say I am in love. Going to go straight to the bag for putter drives. Yesterday I threw a 360ft downhill shot dead straight with it. Never have I had that much confidence in blasting a putter downhill with that much power. Very straight in all conditions with minimal fade and surprisingly long for a putter putter (i.e. aside from the sleek middish putters like P3). Plastic feels super and I hope they roll out many other DM molds in it.

For putts I am still married to my G-P2s and feel no need to switch.

Anecdotally, I scored my first 3 on the infamous Hole 4 at Blue Ribbon Pines, throwing the P1x 3 times! I have scored a par only one other time. Drive and upshot didn't move more than 3 feet of their line start to finish, right up the gut. First round with the P1x in the bag. Just need to try driving this putter into the wind, but boy I used it a lot for upshots, sweeping anny upshots, all putts. Does what I expect.

I have 5 of them now so I can do this Finnish Putting Game. Averaging close to 600 so far. Funny thing it's the only DiscMania in my bag, but the rest is Innova (and a Buzzz) so I'm still pretty loyal.

watermark.php

Picked up an X P1x from rallyguy today, and I'm really enjoying it so far. Took me a bit to dial it in for putting - the plastic is super tacky and it's a bit more floaty than I'm used to - but for drives it is a blast to throw. Really easy to put on multiple lines. I love my Atom, but this is going to be fun to test out.

Picked up an X P1x from rallyguy today, and I'm really enjoying it so far. Took me a bit to dial it in for putting - the plastic is super tacky and it's a bit more floaty than I'm used to - but for drives it is a blast to throw. Really easy to put on multiple lines. I love my Atom, but this is going to be fun to test out.

My favorite thing is throwing anhyzers with my XP1x. I end up approaching baskets throwing anhyzers because I like how much control it gives me on that flight path.