• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania - X

Just got some pro line P1x. Stuff and awesome! It's the classic aviar to the p&a. Feels perfect for those hard putts in hot summer, won't flop around in the hand.

Nice review, one of the better things about this disc is even without a noodle arm it flys the same for me. It goes where you put it and holds a line well.

Nice review, one of the better things about this disc is even without a noodle arm it flys the same for me. It goes where you put it and holds a line well.

This is true. I've been driving this thing 150ft to over 300 and it holds the line almost the same with the exception of headwinds.

I played in a tournament this past weekend and 4 out of the 6 birdies that I had were with an X-line P1x off the tee. Whether it was hyzer all the way, flip to flat or holding an anny the whole flight the P1x was on point.

Went through my last round and wrote down each disc I threw on my 9 under 51. I threw the P1x 33 times, many upshots and tee shots on the sub 300 par 3s. this is the first putter i've used for approaches and it's awesome to not worry about mids going long, floating, hyzering out, hyzer skipping... just approach and tap in.

I have Pro P1x's.

My putting was on point for a few days practicing, and one tourny round. But lately these things keep falling out of the air and hitting baskets on me I like how they feel so much but now I can't get it out of my head, I feel like I have to put more on them to get them straight to the chains.

Would you not prefer the P1x for putting duties, and leave it as a straight approach, driving putter?

I have P2's I can switch back to, I just hate going back and forth between putters, and don't want to feel at a disadvantage if these P1x's are too slow for putting duties.

too slow for putting?

switching back to old faithful might be a good idea-after all, that May just be a better putter for you- but the reason you're hitting the basket is because *you* are hitting the basket. :)

Last edited:
too slow for putting?

switching back to old faithful might be a good idea-after all, that May just be a better putter for you- but the reason you're hitting the basket is because *you* are hitting the basket. :)

No doubt that it's me! Just ever since reading that noodlearm review on it where he says he feels like it's too slow for him where he has to put more on it to get it there... I got that in my head and starting worrying about it :p

Ugh I just need to pick one. I have so many.

I use the x-line for putting and I don't think they're slow at all. It's not a pure, but it's glidey and straight. No real difference between it and a beadless Aviar that I can tell, at least for in the circle putting.

Okay cool. I should just stop overthinking it, and just throw it in the chains. Haha

I personally don't like a really floaty putter because then I get self conscious on upwind putts worrying about them blowing up over and away. confident the chains will do the work, and that I can make any comeback putt if needed.

Yeah my biggest problem is I've tried Ions, but everytime I see a new putter I want to try it and for it to be the one. So I tried envies, aviar, atom, p2, p1x... And this before my current putting form came into place. So I may just stick with the P1x, and get my putting form down solid and just hit them puts.

I feel like if anything, the faster the putter is, the more you gotta give it to go straight, so im not sure if I agree with the NA review. I put with P2s, and after using d lines all winter, going to the pro line, I was coming up just a little short, hitting allot of front cage. so I feel like the p line compared to d line has a tiny bit less glide that out at 40 feet you really notice. took about a week to get used to it, and now as long as I have a confident release, I know exactly where it is going.

Edit-maybe for driving, a faster disc would cover ground quicker, but for putting, a slower speed disc should be easier to go straight IMO

Last edited:
No doubt that it's me! Just ever since reading that noodlearm review on it where he says he feels like it's too slow for him where he has to put more on it to get it there... I got that in my head and starting worrying about it :p

Too slow for putting? That's one of the dumber things I've heard. Just set your target and bang those chains! If you like the way the P1X feels I'm sure the pro plastic will pick up some more glide as it breaks in. You could always try a d-line if you like the mold but want something you don't have to put quite as much mustard on.

Yeah I feel like it has less glide, but that D-line is already gummy and will get even more so come summer, where the P line will warm up into the perfect feel.

I just need to choose between a P2 and P1x and I'm stuck.

finally made a full transition to P1x as my putting putter. tried out the d-lines to start, they were a little too soft feeling for my liking. then tried out the p-lines, but i've got uber dry hands and they felt a little slick. x-lines are just right.. got good firmness with grip.. loving them. I was putting with wizards, these feel like they take less velocity to putt with it. it's got a wizard-ish feel with the bead and the straighter flight of a classic aviar.