• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania - X

I would say it's similar to the judge. The nose is thicker and more round than the judge but the flight is similar in my opinion.

Oh snap! Just read that, then made an order for some factory seconds! BTW, it was your comment, "Slightly less stable Yeti" that piqued my interest! I love my Yetis, but from outside the circle it would be nice to have a little less dump at the end. If these are $, I'll probably get a few more backups!

Hope they're what you're after. My yeti comment had a question mark at the end of it though, so I'm not responsible if you're disappointed. :D

They aren't reallllyyyyy like yetis. They do have the puddle top, but yetis are more low profile and bite more on a putt. These are extremely nice though. I got two 175's and a 167 all x outs. And the 167 immediately feels like a dream for soft turnover upshots. And the others really just have this unique feel. I previously putted with yetis and clutches. This has a very comfortable feel, and I think they're going to become the main putters.

^^ Right. I was hoping for a Yeti feel without that bite. More Yeti P&A, if you will.
I should probably just order a couple. Ugh.

I guess I'll find out later this week! I'm hoping it'll feel like a Yeti, but fly straighter without the dump at the end. We'll see!

I guess I'll find out later this week! I'm hoping it'll feel like a Yeti, but fly straighter without the dump at the end. We'll see!

That should be exactly what it does. At least the X-line plastic variety. The D-lines are flat, the X are generally slightly puddle-topped, but both are straight as an arrow for upshots and off the tee. I've really enjoyed throwing the X-line and putting with D-line so far.

That should be exactly what it does. At least the X-line plastic variety. The D-lines are flat, the X are generally slightly puddle-topped, but both are straight as an arrow for upshots and off the tee. I've really enjoyed throwing the X-line and putting with D-line so far.

That is so $$$ to hear! I have a couple of XT Aviars that I was trying to fill that outside the circle long putt slot with. I had to manipulate a Yeti too much (a left to right turnover S shot putting line, RHBH) to putt from deep. I was hoping the XT Aviar would work, because I really like the shallow profile and plastic chalky feel, but they also dump at the end. So, here's to hopefully finding something that works for me.

I use a Nova for my upshot duties. And a S-line P2 for driving putter duties. I don't see switching that up. Way to consistent with that lineup.

I had a nova in the bag, it got replaced with the p1x. More consisten release, better feel in the hand, same neutral flight

Just played 18 at Medard park, and these are everything I wanted. They do have a fade, but for the most part, I just pitched it at the chains. I made puts today that normally would have cut across the basket front. I'm very impressed!!

I got to try my new putters out this weekend. Got to say sweeeeeet!!!! Great jump putters. straight with little fade.

Agreed! Everyday I take these out to play it vindicates my earlier review. Point and shoot approach disc and the perfect jump putt disc! The slight fade plays well with my release. The disc loves to stay aloft!!! Great synergy with the P2 in the bag.

I floated a forehand this past weekend in the woods with so much control my jaw dropped. Taking it out tonight to see how much torque this disc can take while throwing forehand.

You still loving your P1X's?

That's what I'm wondering. I really love my Nova, but I've heard some people say the P1X kicked their Nova out of the bag. I use my Nova for straight/turnover drives and approaches so I'm wondering how the P1X does in those roles over time. Specifically the X-line.