• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Cryztal Buzzz GT.......

I like the plastic but the whole GT thing seems like a gimmick.

I don't think that is necessarily the case. These were a special run for Michigan disc golf clubs. This is not a production run.

Personally, I wish that discraft would make more of these firmer Cryztal plastics as a regular run and cut this titanium nonsense out. :popcorn:

I got mine in the mail today, and briefly between work shifts got to try one out on the course...

I didn't get to throw it too many times, but....

-More overstable than my flx buzzz and held a line pretty well, handling a power grip without flipping over.

-Very comfortable for a fan grip & kind of cool to flick since you have a spot for your thumb and then a place for your pointer and middle finger to rest on the underside- making it quite sturdy for a consistent release

-Hit a tree dead on once & no mark on it

-I did have a hard time getting it up in the air a couple of times & it could be my fault, but I am lucky that the pond at the course was frozen because it would be at the bottom of the pond if not (threw it on a hole that is easily parkable, but didn't get the height that i expected and dropped onto the ice) I didn't have my name on it yet, so had to walk out to the middle of the pond to retrieve it.

Like I said, I didn't get to throw it too many times, so I will update when I get to... Maybe I will throw it at the Buffalo Ice Bowl this Weekend.

I threw my blue one a little bit this weekend. I love how flat these are (was really worried about them being domey after the Bangers were). They feel great in hand, and the plastic is wonderful, even in the cold.

Pretty straight for me with a nice, dependable fade, like the old ones. That is just an initial impression though as I only threw it a handful of times. I'll have to pull out one of my old Xs and see how they compare.

Went to my local 9 hole and played a round with just the Buzzz GT.

I really like it and it will go in the bag.

Its stability fit nicely in between my z buzzz and my max weight TI Wasp. When throwing it into headwinds I just put some hyzer on it and it flipped right up to flat and stayed straight the whole way through. You could put in some nice long hyzer lines with a tailwind. I have yet to try any anhyzer shots with it though .

With all the hype about the 10th aniv. discs I think these got lost in the fray.

I was thinking about purchasing a couple of these as gifts and one for myself to keep. If anyone has thrown these a good amount now that they have been out a while please post.

Does anyone actually throw these lol

If someone has thrown these quite a bit please post. I would like to know how they fly.

I have two max weight Cryztal GT's and they fly much more overstable for me then my ESP Buzzz.

They fly like a HSS 0 LSS 2 instead of a HSS -.5 LSS 1. The flight is very straight with a hard fade at the end of the flight. I put it right near a Wasp in stability. The plastic is amazing and feels great. I am really itching to throw them this summer and getting more work when it isn't freezing and I can actually get grip on the tee pads.

1250 of these were made. They fly like a Wasp IMO. which is great because I dislike the bead on the wasp. So since they are 8x more rare than the 10 year ones they should be worth more right?

I saw in the 10 year buzzz thread though that the plastic is brittle in the cold. Someone cracked their disc already. Although every disc is more brittle in the cold...

Now if I just had a 10 year buzzz so I could compare these two. I would bet this buzz GT is still a tad more overstable than the 10 year.

I got 3 unthrown buzz GT's, Blue, red and yellow. If you have a baby blue 10 year and want one of these maybe we can trade.

Now if I just had a 10 year buzzz so I could compare these two. I would bet this buzz GT is still a tad more overstable than the 10 year.

I was just commenting in the 10 yr. thread how these GT's fly nothing like the 10 yr discs. The GT's are much longer, I actually managed to throw them farther then my Stalker. I like them because they handle OAT very well, and if I mess up and over-torque them they come back every time.

The 10 yr. Buzzz's fly straight as an arrow, with very little HSS turn 0 or -0.25 and a 1.25 turn at the end.

I bought a couple, I have to say they feel really nice in your hand. My hope is once its beat in it will fly like a new Z Buzzz in terms of stability. If it stays too OS I'll just start carrying my X Buzzz along with it.

This plastic is amazing.

Both of mine are way longer than I was expecting. Super astro-glide :thmbup:

1250 of these were made. They fly like a Wasp IMO. which is great because I dislike the bead on the wasp. So since they are 8x more rare than the 10 year ones they should be worth more right?

I saw in the 10 year buzzz thread though that the plastic is brittle in the cold. Someone cracked their disc already. Although every disc is more brittle in the cold...

I got 3 unthrown buzz GT's, Blue, red and yellow. If you have a baby blue 10 year and want one of these maybe we can trade.

Would you happen to know how many of the LE Cryztal Z FLX Buzzzes were made?

LE Cryztal Z FLX buzzzes? probably about the same as the GT's, if I were to guess. I think most of their "LE" runs are around that number, but I could be wrong.

Latest posts