• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft Memorial Day Mystery box results $99

I need to dig up the DG shoes thread, but I thought I would post it here first for my Mystery Box homies. I just ordered 2 pair of adidas Terrex Swift R2 GTX GORE TEX Shoes Men's for $110 after tax & free shipping. These are $140 pr shoes and this is the best price I've ever seen. Black only though, which I prefer anyway.

Brand new in box on ebay -- buy 1 at $70 & get the 2nd at half off.

https://www.ebay.com/sme/adidas_off...offid=5369852505&_soffType=OrderSubTotalOffer

Last edited:
I need to dig up the DG shoes thread, but I thought I would post it here first for my Mystery Box homies. I just ordered 2 pair of adidas Terrex Swift R2 GTX GORE TEX Shoes Men's for $110 after tax & free shipping. These are $140 pr shoes and this is the best price I've ever seen. Black only though, which I prefer anyway.

Brand new in box on ebay -- buy 1 at $70 & get the 2nd at half off.

https://www.ebay.com/sme/adidas_off...offid=5369852505&_soffType=OrderSubTotalOffer

Direct link to these shoes:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/adidas-Terrex-Swift-R2-GTX-Shoes-Mens-/153501028497

If you want discs then the misprints are the way to go. Got the 5 esp for 35 buckaroos. Came with a force, nuke, buzz, undertaker, and a zone.

I thought i would get at least 5 discs in the mystery box. After all, they are a disc manufacturer....not a clothing/swag store

Last edited:
My box finally arrived today. I received:

A sticker
A towel
A Discraft pin
A keychain bottle opener
A snap cap mini
A Halloween Buzzz mini
2 shirts (1 w/crank logo, 1 of the ones that were on sale for $5)
A snap back hat
And......

A 5 pack of Z line fly dyes (Force, Crush, Surge SS, Wasp, and a super awesome extremely rare ZOMBEE HAHA!)

Retail value is $160+
All in all, I'm pretty satisfied. It was about what I expected. I know some people aren't stoked with their boxes, and I completely understand. You technically got your money's worth, but it doesn't hold much value to you. Next time just skip the mystery box and order what you want.

My box finally arrived today. I received:

A sticker
A towel
A Discraft pin
A keychain bottle opener
A snap cap mini
A Halloween Buzzz mini
2 shirts (1 w/crank logo, 1 of the ones that were on sale for $5)
A snap back hat
And......

A 5 pack of Z line fly dyes (Force, Crush, Surge SS, Wasp, and a super awesome extremely rare ZOMBEE HAHA!)

Retail value is $160+
All in all, I'm pretty satisfied. It was about what I expected. I know some people aren't stoked with their boxes, and I completely understand. You technically got your money's worth, but it doesn't hold much value to you. Next time just skip the mystery box and order what you want.

This should have been the average box. Happy for ya!

My box just arrived....

1 mini buzzz
1 mini crank
1 ace race mini
1 micro can topper mini
1 reusable scorecard
1 bean bag
1 waffle towel
2 xl shirts
1 xl sweater
1 snapback hat
1 disco full foil buzzz
1 fr Z raptor

Not terrible compared to other boxes but i did want more plastic to try. I feel bad for other ppls boxes. Especially hard working ppl that decided to treat themselves and got hosed. Thankfully the 100$ didnt make a fking DENT.....

......And i sold 7 proto lunas in the last few months and made roughly 200$ profit. Lesson learned. No more mysteries for me

Generally speaking mystery boxes are the players pack without the tournament. Seems odd these did well in generating sales when so many claim to want the tournament without the players pack.

bump because Discraft sux, this graveyard of dreams should be archived for future generations

giphy.gif

Generally speaking mystery boxes are the players pack without the tournament. Seems odd these did well in generating sales when so many claim to want the tournament without the players pack.

Not odd at all. All the disc golf worlds eyes were on discraft as soon as they signed paul. Then paul absolutely shreds the first half of the year. Discraft then puts out insane swirl plastic like we have never seen with the kong and tour series.

Then they advertise their first of the year "cant miss" mystery box to a huge audience (now that they have the best player in the world).

Im sure most ppl expected to get at least 3-4 relevant discs along with some overpriced swag.

They proceeded to send a tye dye zombie and garbage they couldnt sell. The expectations for the new eyes had no choice but to be high.

The disc golf community is still small. Everyone that didnt get a mystery box will say "you should have known better". I guess thats true if it were a walmart mystery box or some other random big corp. (Also, commenting with hindsight is for female dogs)

It doesnt work well to over promise and under deliver in our small community. Salient went down in a blaze of glory. Prodigy is no where near where it could have been(although seppo and kj are helping now). Im sure i have missed a few other examples.

To get a 100$ from a disc golfer is crazy enough. They should have appreciated that and had a solid plan to make sure everyone is content. No one was expecting a treasure chest, but To give them a zombie/full foil buzzz,shirts and junk is ridiculous.

Why am i getting a 2015 ace race mini in my box?

just to leave an update: Yes my mystery box BLEW and i was pissed. I Sent a very kind email to discraft explaining ive been a long time customer and i have 4 tour discs on the way. Great job on making me happy discraft.

just to leave an update: Yes my mystery box BLEW and i was pissed. I Sent a very kind email to discraft explaining ive been a long time customer and i have 4 tour discs on the way. Great job on making me happy discraft.

My first thought was to email them as well but im going to eat this one. I threw only discraft for almost 10yrs. I took all the "disc-crap" comments and chatter from innova ppl. I even took sh@t from barry schultz about it lol

Im still figuring out my bag with mvp/axiom but i found myself missing the discraft discs i enjoy. So i was shopping the tour series discs and seen the email for the mystery box. I waited on buying a tour series because i thought i had a high chance of getting one in my mystery box.

I was right to get away from them when paul signed but i second guessed myself. (since im struggling to fill spots in my bag). I made the mistake to re-invest in them and got took.

Idk. I put my personal values onto a company thats in it to make money. When i sell plastic in bulk i always add extra things i have (minis,bottle openers,swag, and even extra suprise discs). I want the person buying my stuff to be happy. I even took sh@t from barry schultz about me throwing discraft lol

Im not mad....just disappointedlol

Last edited:
I was right to get away from them when paul signed but i second guessed myself. (since im struggling to fill spots in my bag). I made the mistake to re-invest in them and got took.

This logic is strange to me. McBeth signing has nothing to do with whether or not I bag a DC disc. I have lots of Buzzzs, Zones and some Undertaker's and none of them have his name on them. I did grab a Kong and a proto Luna but that was out of curiosity. Kong is too much disc for me and I like my JB Roaches just fine, I won't be spending $20 for mid grade plastic putters.

I invest in discs that work for me, not a manufacturer. I've also never bought a mystery box and only one lottery ticket.

This logic is strange to me. McBeth signing has nothing to do with whether or not I bag a DC disc. I have lots of Buzzzs, Zones and some Undertaker's and none of them have his name on them. I did grab a Kong and a proto Luna but that was out of curiosity. Kong is too much disc for me and I like my JB Roaches just fine, I won't be spending $20 for mid grade plastic putters.

I invest in discs that work for me, not a manufacturer. I've also never bought a mystery box and only one lottery ticket.

I try to stick to one company to save money and stay consistent. Its easier to shop ,say 30 moulds, instead of 200. Also, we all have a tribal gene in us in some aspect of life and i fight it to keep an open mind. Disc golf is not a team sport but i like feeling like im part of one.
Im an "archer, not the arrow" kind of guy as well. I feel this strategy has benefited me. Its not for everyone. Innova felt like a machine, so i went discraft. Now it seems discraft went the way of the machine and now im pushing mvp.

The logic makes sense to me and how i view disc golf outside of playing it. Its kind of an exaggerated form of buying local instead of walmart. (I grew up 10 mins from michigan where discraft/mvp are). I dont feel a mixed bag would benefit me more than throwing one company. Because no matter the disc, you still have to throw it.

Last edited: