• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft Nuke

Lithicon said:
Hoping it's flippier than a 175 Star Tana, I threw one and didn't get to throw it much. Wasn't sure if I liked it much.

I sure hope its not flippier than a katana... that would be bordering on extremely squirrely.

smarkquart said:
mzuleger said:
Blink said:
Like the Force, I think the nuke sits in between the boss and the katana, but close to the boss.

Are you sayong bosses are more over-stable than forces? I have def not found that to be the case.

I can get a boss to turn but have yet to find a force that will turn without torque (throwing ~400ft). However, I am hoping the Nuke is between a katana and boss

The two Z Forces I have are almost the same stability as my Destroyers. Both those Forces along with the Champ and Star Destroyers I have are a notch less stable than my beat Star Boss. Thrown flat with a touch of unintentional OAT and I can get those to flip over when throwing full power. They all hold beautiful hyzer lines though. My Champ Boss is the most stable of all those discs, several steps more than my Forces. I really have to do something weird to get that thing to flip and turn. The Champ Boss is so stable, not quite at my XCaliber, that I cannot throw it during the winter due to footing like I normally would during the summer. At this point in the year, I get straighter shots with the Destroyer and Force.

I guess it shouldn't surprise me anymore that a disc's flight varies so much... All the forces I've thrown (2 esp, 3 z) are all more over-stable than my 1st run star or cfr xcals.

To clarify, I put forces between destroyers and xcals, and the nuke between the boss and the katana. I don't remember the rim specs for all of them though so I'm not even 100% on if that's how the speeds match up.

But the nuke has a deeper rim dang.

I just got my order in today. The plastic feels great. They have some slight dome to them but they all look and feel similar. They also have a nice deep feel to them. The Katana felt too thin for my liking. Ill toss them a little bit tomorro and see how they fly.

Threw the farthest shot in my life with the NUKE today!!!!!!

I go out to a little park and thro towards a basketball pavilion about 450-475 away and have hit the metal 15ft high a handful of times over the years...........1st throw with the Nuke hit the pavillion but my 2nd went all the way on top of the roof at the furthest point away and luckiliy had enough zoom to slide off.

I'm guessing 575-600 had it kept flying which mashes my best by about 20ft.

Well, I have a 174 peachish orange nuke sitting at my house. Can't wait to throw it. I'll be able to throw it in about another week and a half. I didn't like the way the Katana sat in my hand, really hard to grip. If the Nuke is deeper, I'll really like it. We'll just have to see, I'll have to try a lighter Katana if I don't like the Nuke.

Blink said:
To clarify, I put forces between destroyers and xcals, and the nuke between the boss and the katana. I don't remember the rim specs for all of them though so I'm not even 100% on if that's how the speeds match up.

But the nuke has a deeper rim dang.

So it's a Groove??

ForeverBlue232 said:
poisonelf said:
the groove is an abomination that should have never been

This. :)

The Groove is about as useful as...
images

images

images

images

images

tigel said:
The groove works for a lot of people I know.

have they ever thrown another driver? you should get them a teebird for christmas and blow their minds with a disc that can be thrown on the same line twice in a row.

The release of the Katana with flight numbers scarily similar to the Groove seems like almost an admission of design failure. The Groove's days are numbered...

I picked up 3 today from the local disc store. Got a 169 yellow, 171 yellow and a 174 orange. They are definitely over stable, and all of mine seemed to fly close to the same. I did bomb one about 450 today, about as far as I can get any disc out there. The glide on them is incredible. I do hope they come up with a Nuke SS, hopefully with like a 1.2 to 1.4 stability. I could see using it a lot more if it was just a touch more under stable.

poisonelf said:
no a nuke actually has a consitant flight...the groove is an abomination that should have never been

Hah, truer words have never been spoken. I tried to like the groove but it just shit the bed every time I threw it.

I wish they would make a NUKE-X................since the only way I could throw it was on hyzerflips like a Destroyer from a few years back..........they need to stabilized NUKE just like the Stabilized Destroyers.

I think the Nuke is just perfect. I was throwing it a lot today. If you have not picked one up yet, you should do so quickly. The plastic is incredible, some of the best ESP I have ever felt. I throw pretty flat and the disc locks in its high speed flight right away. I think that onces it breaks in, it will fly very far.

Pat said:
The plastic is incredible, some of the best ESP I have ever felt.

Seems very durable too. I hit a chain link fence at near full speed 300' out and she is still perfect. Threw it about 10 times and still not a nick in the rim. Thought it might have been a problem with that thin edge. Looking forward to regular production! 1.4 rated Z plastic please!

cjskier said:
Pat said:
The plastic is incredible, some of the best ESP I have ever felt.

Seems very durable too. I hit a chain link fence at near full speed 300' out and she is still perfect. Threw it about 10 times and still not a nick in the rim. Thought it might have been a problem with that thin edge. Looking forward to regular production! 1.4 rated Z plastic please!

My said Nuke is Pretty scuffed after that day in the field with a pavilion hit or two and maybe a little concrete........I actually was unimpressed with the durability but the feel is great.