• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft Nuke

discspeed said:
Furthur said:
JimW said:
Code:
Maker           Mx wt  Diam   ht   rim    rim    rim   rm dpth     rm config    flexibility 
Discraft Nuke   176.0   21.2   1.5  1.2   16.2   2.5   5.7          28.25        9.87
Innova Boss     176.0   21.2   1.5  1.2   16.2   2.5   5.7          26.00        7.60
Innova Katana   176.0   21.2   1.8  1.2   16.3   2.5   5.7          26.25        10.32

Could the height of the disc be due to what Zam mentioned in the original Nuke thread (that it's got a overmolded top)? I was looking though the list of approved discs, and there hasn't been a lot of 1.8 cm height drivers since the XS days.

Are you referring to the Nuke or the Katana?

wow, I meant the Katana. I failed at reading the table.

a few months back, i threw a stack of proto "nukes" with jim kenner and kevin tomasitis for a few hours in a field. they were like a super far flash. sweet sparkle z plastic. i normally throw 450-520. they were going 480 - 490 easily.

NoLifeLeft said:
JimW said:
I will be highly disappointed if we don't see pictures of a Duke Nukem dye in the Disc Artwork forum within 4 months of its release.

Fallout dyes too.

And the 3 eyed fish from the Simpsons...

Someone will promise to do a Duke Nukem dye on one of these, but it will be delayed years upon years.

Eventually, when our grandkids are playing the newly released Duke Nukem Forever, one of us will remember and dig up an old one of these and do the dye.

groovytnarg,

How flippy were they, exactly? The last time I was throwing flashes regularly, I could get a new one on a turnover that would hold all the way to the ground. Would you say you could do that with those proto-nukes? Or rather, would you say someone with a mere mortal's arm could?

groovytnarg said:
a few months back, i threw a stack of proto "nukes" with jim kenner and kevin tomasitis for a few hours in a field. they were like a super far flash. sweet sparkle z plastic. i normally throw 450-520. they were going 480 - 490 easily.

I'd like to hear some more info from this guy. Did they say Nuke SS? Were they flying straight or on S flights? Were you throwing with hyzer, flat, or turned? Did you really register just to make this one comment? To tease the rest of us? Is this purely a marketing ploy? :lol:

A direct quote from Adam Olsen...Discraft sponsored player...about the upcoming Discraft Nuke.

"What I thought of the Nuke...
Of course wide rimmed disc. The flight reminds me of a ESP Flash and a seasoned Force. When thrown rhbh the Nuke flips up, goes relatively straight with a little turn to the right. What I liked was when it slowed down it didn't dump out and hyzer hard. The disc penatrated forward and landed flat. I did throw into a slight head wind and the disc immediately turned over."

Sounds promising.

BLURR said:
A direct quote from Adam Olsen...Discraft sponsored player...about the upcoming Discraft Nuke.

"What I thought of the Nuke...
Of course wide rimmed disc. The flight reminds me of a ESP Flash and a seasoned Force. When thrown rhbh the Nuke flips up, goes relatively straight with a little turn to the right. What I liked was when it slowed down it didn't dump out and hyzer hard. The disc penatrated forward and landed flat. I did throw into a slight head wind and the disc immediately turned over."

Sounds promising.

This sounds an awful lot like my Katanas...Sounds sweet!

I got to throw the Nuke...I thought it sucked for a golf disc. It was very understable at high speeds and fairly overstable at low speeds. It went pretty far when given a lot of height to work, but thrown on a line drive via hyzer flip, it usually just turned over and kept going right. I didn't try it as a roller, but I would think it would be nice in that capacity.

Latest posts