• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft putter plastics

With Jawbreaker, you need to give it some time to break in. The grip gets better and better one you've played a few rounds with it. Once you wear out the glossy finish, it's money.

I really like the Paige Pierce Prototype putter. To me the plastic is a little different from the regular Jawbreaker plastic, and very durable.

I really like the Paige Pierce Prototype putter. To me the plastic is a little different from the regular Jawbreaker plastic, and very durable.

It better be for that price. 😉

With Jawbreaker, you need to give it some time to break in. The grip gets better and better one you've played a few rounds with it. Once you wear out the glossy finish, it's money.

Yes but then when it gets older and a bit more flex to the plastic, the mold gets too much grip at 89--90 F on up and past 100-105 F the discs will literally stick to the hand. This is why for my Jawbreaker Magnet I had to get a last run of Proline Titanic 2 plus 2 good ones for later back up for the putting past those temps, (Proline gets more grip past 48--49 F) as well as for tight gap putts so as to not have the Jawbreaker Magnet discs get tore up more then they are from putting and missing in the backyard or on the Course. My Stiff Pro D finally in 2018 as the hot weather backup got too light for putting so in early 2019 I got the last of the Proline Titanic discs plus backups for putting.

Last edited:

I actually like that glossy feeling. I'd describe it as velvety. What I've also found, is just having it age (without much use) it hardens up. I bought 20 off the bat when I switched to Roaches, and some of them barely got any use, but they've hardened up, from sun and heat and maybe just time in the back seat of my car. They're almost like Gateway's SSS now.

Played a park course with my wife yesterday. By park course, I mean the entire course is well maintained grass so my issue with dust and sand was a non factor. It was also warm. Like 82 degrees warm. No grip issues with the jawbreaker plastic. It felt very similar to the x-line and soft p-line putters I used to throw.

I've got a few in soft X and pro D now so maybe next time I hit one of the sandy courses in the dry creek bed I'll give them a shot and see how the grip is.

I'd like to stick with the roaches since they feel really good in my hand and I'm generally putting well with them. If my grip issues in dusty conditions continue though I may have to switch back to my P2's.

I've probably been putting with the jawbreaker ones for about twenty rounds now and have probably three or four hundred practice putts with them in my back yard so they're fairly broken in or seasoned by now.

Played a park course with my wife yesterday. By park course, I mean the entire course is well maintained grass so my issue with dust and sand was a non factor. It was also warm. Like 82 degrees warm. No grip issues with the jawbreaker plastic. It felt very similar to the x-line and soft p-line putters I used to throw.

I've got a few in soft X and pro D now so maybe next time I hit one of the sandy courses in the dry creek bed I'll give them a shot and see how the grip is.

I'd like to stick with the roaches since they feel really good in my hand and I'm generally putting well with them. If my grip issues in dusty conditions continue though I may have to switch back to my P2's.

I've probably been putting with the jawbreaker ones for about twenty rounds now and have probably three or four hundred practice putts with them in my back yard so they're fairly broken in or seasoned by now.

It needs to be 89-92 F or more for problems to arise with Jawbreaker plastic in being too much grip. Then past 100-105 F the plastic will actually be sticky. However this is for Jawbreaker that is worn in after a year of putting and putting practice in 2018 prompting in 2019 when my Old Stiff Pro D got too light for me to use, I got the Proline Titanic mostly for the grip issue.

Last edited:

Latest posts