• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Ringer GT

Is the breaker a renamed Ringer? Just curious because I love my Ledgestone sparkle z Ringer's but can't find anymore in premium plastic. If anyone has any in premium plastic, lmk.

They're close enough to call them the same mold, but whether it's the way different plastics settle, or a variation on the original mold, the soft X and D Ringers, are a hair lower than the Breaker. I personally think it's a variation and a whole new mold was made, because when the Breaker came out it had zippered flight plate. Only word I've heard on it from someone associated with Discraft was here:

https://youtu.be/0hhSA97miOs?t=44s

As to those Ledgestone Ringers, from Declarkus: "I wish I took a pic, b/c this isn't the first time this has been questioned. Except last time, it was something about the shoulder being different. Side by side, I couldn't see any difference in shape, height, depth or PLH.

All that said, you still might be right. The Cryztal FLX Ringer flew straighter out of the box than a 8/10 SP Breaker, and the SP, Glow and Flex Breakers I have all fly the same."

Original Ringers were definitely shallower than the Breakers I am familiar with, but it has been quite a while since I went looking for either. Perhaps something has changed in that time.

KP

Any people putting Ringers, making the switch?

I'm still hoping for a good ol' fashion Groove Track on a beadless putter, and that they don't drop their og GT design in favor of the Thumtrac.

Any people putting Ringers, making the switch?

I'm still hoping for a good ol' fashion Groove Track on a beadless putter, and that they don't drop their og GT design in favor of the Thumtrac.

groove track roach:thmbup:

Zone gets lots of love. What about Ringer GT? Does somebody use this disc? I like it a lot.

Zone gets lots of love. What about Ringer GT? Does somebody use this disc? I like it a lot.

I just picked a couple up and took one on a trip yesterday. For all intents and purposes...it's a Rhyno. Great for FH/BH shots, is somewhat workable on flex lines, great for woods golf.

For all intents and purposes...it's a Rhyno. Great for FH/BH shots, is somewhat workable on flex lines, great for woods golf.

I pretty much agree with this^^^^

I'm a Rhyno thrower, tried the Ringer GT for a while, similar to a Rhyno, Just a bit too shallow for me. Went back to the Rhyno.

I pretty much agree with this^^^^

I'm a Rhyno thrower, tried the Ringer GT for a while, similar to a Rhyno, Just a bit too shallow for me. Went back to the Rhyno.

Word...I think I actually dig the little extra shallowness on it. It's going to hang around as my approach putter...might give it a shot for putting too...make things simpler.

I wonder how that lack of depth impacts them as they season? I know a lot of Rhyno throwers who lean on them after they've started to turn a little because they actually start to float a little off the tee.

I tested out a Z-FLX ringer-gt beside a champ rhyno and they are similar. Although the ringer gt is a smidge faster than the rhyno, and the Z-FLX plastic was more overstable than the champ. It's basically in between a zone and a rhyno.

Ordered a jawbreaker one to try out as my Zone and I haven't been getting along lately.

It cam in the mail today and looked like a pringle, giving it the boiling water and a granite slab treatment to try and get it back to normal.

Does/has anyone tried using these as putting putters?Maybe I'm crazy but I've been contemplating picking up a few to try.

Does/has anyone tried using these as putting putters?Maybe I'm crazy but I've been contemplating picking up a few to try.

Elite x soft ones were straight for me. I spin putt. I think that these are nice for that duty.

MJ uses the x-soft ringer gts and he is a pretty strong spin putter. It's got a good fade once you are outside 20', good if you put some anny on your putt.

Started putting with them this week. I am a spin putter. First day was rough but it was a mental and user error problem. I was aiming more at the center/slight left of center because i was use to using understable putters. This caused me to chain out on the left side a lot. When I tried to correct this, i overcorrected and was airballing my putts wide right.

That night a friend reminded me to push off with my legs because he noticed I was putting usng nothing but wrist.

Next day I focused on pushing off with my legs and did much better. I was confident that if my drive landed within 30-40 feet of the basket, I had a good chance of hitting the putt.

They also were good approach discs...fairly straight with a small bit of fade at the end.

I just switched from the Caltrop to the Ringer GT. They both have a similar top, the Ringer seems a little shallower to me.

I love them for putting. I am accumulating them quickly to use as practice putters.... So far, I have been using the X-Soft mostly, I like a little softer putter for actual putting. I have a JB I just got and a Z-FLX that I will try out for approaches.

As soon as I held one of these the first time, I was impressed with how comfortable it was. Between the Wasp, Comet, and Ringer GT, I am now contemplating a whole Discraft bag......