• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Ringer GT

I don't love them for putting either, but in a stiff wind they do the trick. They have more of a "putter feel" than the Zone does for me, so I'm leaning toward bagging these over the Zone. I love the Z flx too.

Anyone compare these to a berg? I was playing with a jawbreaker one and it reminds me of a berg to a degree though faster and longer I think.

Also anyone putting with these and having success?

Anyone compare these to a berg? I was playing with a jawbreaker one and it reminds me of a berg to a degree though faster and longer I think.

Also anyone putting with these and having success?

I putt with them, and feel like I am a better putter with them than other molds I have used (pure, aviar, wizard, caltrop). I like the shallow feel, and they are predictable. I usually prefer a softer plastic, but I have been using JB recently (Infinite had some black ones).

I pair the Ringer GT with a Banger GT and Zone for approaches. I have a couple Bergs but I've not really given them a real chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought 2 breakers and a jawbreaker ringer GT and love the feel and depth of the JB GT for throwing. Need to take it on course to compare it to a berg for approach and reko for putting.

I got one a few days ago in JB and I'm really impressed. I could tell instantly I love the way it feels. I use fan grip for approach shots and the slim profile is perfect. I think this will take the place of my Zone b/c it doesn't dump as hard and has a straighter flight. I tried putting with it, but I prefer more rim depth for putting duties. This will be going in my bag. I feel very comfortable approaching with it

I love the feel for approaches too. It just feels comfortable and it's predictable. I'm bagging a berg too right now but I need to pick one at some point soon. For whatever reason I'm all over with the Zone. I can see why people love it for sidearm though. If I stick with the Ringer GT I'm going to have to try jawbreaker.

After about a month of playing around with these almost every day including a single disc round with my jawbreaker ringer gt this morning in the rain, I can say that this mold really did live up to my hopes and expectations...it is easily my new favorite disc.
Changing over to putting from my jawbreaker challenger was way less of a problem than I had anticipated. I used to putt with both the JB challenger and a woodchuck which I really leaned on as a crutch to ensure I didn't get any roll-away bird-ogies. I lived in constant fear of choking putts that were in the 8-15' range, so I'd use the woodchuck to safely drop me close rather than ever running it. I improved my putting technique over the winter though, and for the past month, I've been practicing putting every morning with the JB ringer gt, the zflx ringer gt, and a dx rhyno. Then in the afternoon, I might throw short and controlled approaches (100-150') both forehand and backhand with the same discs. This mold is very fun and easy to throw.
So I just bought three more to have more to practice with.
This time, I added an x-soft to see how it feels.

So yeah, I am sold on this disc mold. Absolutely love it. I took the jawbreaker out on a single disc round in the rain today and threw slightly BETTER than my average on the course haha.

All that said, though, I still prefer the zone for a more powerful flick approach, but I think this is a function more of my technique and not the disc.

Anyway, I can't get over how much I truly love this disc.

I have a stack of these now all in the same weight but different plastics. I can putt with all of them equally well (for me) and so whether I bring an x soft or a jawbreaker for putting duties depends on which "feel" seems better for the conditions at the time, because both fly very similar. I always have a zflx, which I was hoping would be os enough to replace my zone but, but no dice. I can always count on a flicked zone to fade. The zflx ringer gt is stable and holds a nice straight line but the fade is much less pronounced than the zone's.

I'm not sure I had ever heard of this disc until the last few weeks I noticed Uli and Hailey King throwing it.

I have been looking for a straighter Zone/Harp for a long time.

Picked up a Ringer GT and it is perfect. Very low profile and flat top so it comes out clean on touch forehand upshots. Medium glide, which is nice and controllable. Don't feel like I have to crush it and get wild on longer upshots, don't feel like I have to baby it and early release on shorter upshots.

Handles good power, I can put a little hold anny on it and don't have to worry about it flipping. At the same time, it doesn't fade as much as a Zone/Harp so it's easier to match the angle of a hill and not having it come in on hyzer and roll.

I really like this for forehand upshots in the woods.

If those don't work out for you, try the oringinal Ringer(or Breaker). It has a touch more glide...just doesn't come in Jawbreaker. Won't have the Rhyno's Thumtrac, but in it's place is a sublte dip, that might offer a bit of the same handfeel.

It's taken me a long time to finally get around to this.

I wish I had taken your advice sooner.

For as much as I love the Ringer GT (and I still love it), the one thing I don't love about it is flicking it. Enter the soft-X ringer.

Thinner profile, extra good grip off the middle finger pad (which is something I really struggle with to generate the torque I want off a flick... for example, I can get 50+ more feet using a friction glove with a slick disc like a proton pyro than I can off a bare finger). But soft-x is so nice for a touch flick.

And it's equally nice for throwing backhand when you want the added glide over the GT.

Finally, the flick is so easily controlled with this disc that it feels like a more stable version of a sol.

I know this is a thread for the Ringer GT (which I still love) but for my game the actual Ringer pairs very well with it.

Picked up a Jawbreaker Ringer GT within the last couple weeks (they're not easy to find) and it's quickly become one of my favorite discs. Love the slim profile for clean releases and the flight just the perfect amount of stable. really fills a spot in between my zone and my stable putter off the tee and for approaches.