• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft Titanium plastic...thoughts?

pask2155

Eagle Member
You guys always give such great depth on stuff so I figured this would be a great place to ask this...

What your thoughts on Discraft's titanium plastic?

Poorer looking copy of Latitude's Gold Line plastic. Pointlessly expensive, not any more durable than Z, gimmicky mold stamp. Looks better than other DC plastics, disc flight seems about the same as elite Z. Bit grippier than Z.

All in all, can't see myself paying that kind of price for a disc that doesn't have any special qualities you couldn't find elsewhere with lesser cost.

So many of the colors would be kind of hard to find out on the course. When I see them in the shops I think there is no way I would buy this stuff online because I've seen a lot of deformed Ti plastic.

My Buzzes are stiffer an way slicker than Z and the shape is just like that of straight Zs but the flight is more HSS and LSS than Zs. The HSS is like the overstable Glo Z but the fade is in between a Z and Glo Z of the overstable kind. I've heard of some Glo Zs flying the same as the Z. And i've heard of Ti Buzzes that are a little domey, have a low shoulder and not that concave a wing. I've seen such at the store where i got mine and am not surprised that some Tis are more understable than the Zs. Normal variation. The same for the Stalker except Glo Z.

Any plastic can warp in transportation and storage so Ti is not at fault and should be more resistant to improper handling than most plastics.

Pricey as hell no joy. The only reason to buy it for me is to get a desired variation on a trusted disc into a known direction in stability. Just like the Glo Z is more advantageous during the day for better wind handling than at night for the glowing effect.

Got mine online and came with a giant deformed glob on the flightplate and was the color of feces. Didn't really like how slippery it was either. Pass for now

I have, and have thrown a good bit, 2 Ti Buzzz's I got as player's pack discs. The good is that they are super flat, nicely stable, and are the closest in flight to my first run Z Buzzz. I also like the stamp/clean look. The bad is that they are extra slippery, terrible colors, hard to find, and way too expensive. I'd file it under yet another marketing gimmick with no real benefit.

I picked up a couple max weight blue Wasps when they were released. They fly a predictably overstable line. They look nice. They seem durable enough from what I can tell after a few months of use. However, like others have said, the plastic doesn't really feel any better than most ESP or Z blends, many of the colors are lackluster, and the cost is too high. I don't feel like any of the other molds are worth my dollars unless they switch things up and I probably won't buy more Ti Wasps if I lose or deal the two I have. There's plenty of cheaper options that fill the overstable workhorse mid role just as well.

I got one at a tourney and i don;t like it. It is sitting in my storage area with my other discs that i don't throw. color sucks and the grip on it isn't that good. just not good at all.

Gripping at the rough text helps a little and not playing in NC humidity should help a lot more and only using it in arm weather is a must. Slickness like that is a problem everywhere where it is not summer temperature and the surroundings are moist.

I like the flight path and flat tops of my buzzz and wasp. My stalker overlaps too much with my newish eagle x.

The biggest drawback for me is that the grip isn't great.

Here is the original Titanium thread...it was all the hype last year, but it didn't turn out as great as we had hoped. It's a fairly good plastic, but not as good as a lot of previous plastic that has been produced (but only in special runs):

http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23626