• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Weekender Bag

JedV

Double Eagle Member
The build quality of these bags is seemingly poor.

I got mine free at this year's Ace Race. These bags retail for $15 - I wouldn't pay a cent for it. Been using it 2-3 times per week since, and two seams have split apart. Maybe these bags really are only built for once-a-week use.

It's supposed to hold 8 to 10 discs, I've never had more than 7 in it. I'm also pretty gentle with my stuff.

Maybe I had a lemon... I would not recommend this product to anyone.

Thankfully I've got a new bag under the tree for Christmas.

I've just started using mine as a field practice bag. I've been able to stuff as many as 15 discs in it (without any of the dividers). So far it's holding up just fine, but I haven't given it a lot of heavy use.

they were giveaway bags for the ace race and retail for 15 bucks - you shouldn't expect much. definitely designed for the super casual player. if it's just a seam, find someone you know with a sewing machine and get it stitched up. then you will have two bags :thmbup:

I agree, I almost had a side burst out of mine. But I converted a small duffle bag into a new bag because it game me a reason to buy more plastic.

A thread complaining about the ****ty nature of a free bag?

How many backpacks or duffel bags do you currently have in your house? Use one of them, or buy a better DG bag. There. Solved your problem.

i like your logic, but for most people it's the other way around. whatever works!

Yeah, but when I was just starting out I didn't have many discs and it was by no means a well rounded bag. Now, I may have too much plastic. :)

A thread complaining about the ****ty nature of a free bag?

How many backpacks or duffel bags do you currently have in your house? Use one of them, or buy a better DG bag. There. Solved your problem.

Did you even read my post? I do have a new bag. :wall:

No one has reviewed the Weekender Bag, which is available for sale. http://www.discgolfcenter.com/main_displayProduct.php?p=628 This isn't just a free bag, it's a production model that Discraft is selling.

As for repairing it, I'm pretty sure that's out of the question. There's little give in the cordura nylon in the bag, and the edge that would be available to sew is quite frayed. External patching would probably be the only solution.

bagdamage.jpg

maybe thats why they give them as ace race prizes. I have the other discraft bag, the bigger one and its a tank. i dont use it anymore bc i need to hold more, but it stands up to terror.

yeah i signed up for the ace race wanting a new glo bag (Our lil glo club only allows 3 discs, tis all you need) knowing i wouldnt be there. I played the CHains for Wishes instead and when i got my bag yeah major let down but considering you also got two esp Zepp's and a mini you didnt get a bad deal brotha. Yes the bag sucks owell

15 bucks is super cheap, and I would expect the constuction and materials would stay in that range. It would be good to just keep in your vehicle for those unexpected emergency rounds and that's about it.

I do not think that the build quality is that good. I also think it is inconsistent. I have seen several bags, and some are better than others.

With that being said, I still think the bag is a great value when purchased as part of an Ace Race package. The Ace Race discs, bag, plus tournament is a great deal for $25. As a stand alone bag for $15, I would call it fair.

It works well as a casual bag, to be used a few times (hold putters, glo rounds, small trips, etc...). I would not recommend it as a main bag for someone who plays often.

Just remember, you get what you pay for. If you want more out of a bag, pay more.

As for repairing it, I'm pretty sure that's out of the question. There's little give in the cordura nylon in the bag, and the edge that would be available to sew is quite frayed. External patching would probably be the only solution.

don't forget, duct tape fixes everything. the bottle holder on my first bag (innova deluxe) started to tear and i put some duct tape on it and it works fine. i use it for a loaner bag when noob friends come out to play.

don't forget, duct tape fixes everything. the bottle holder on my first bag (innova deluxe) started to tear and i put some duct tape on it and it works fine. i use it for a loaner bag when noob friends come out to play.

Yep, black duct tape might do the trick without looking too ghetto.

my has been holding up well i have used it for 3-4 rounds a week with 9 discs sincethe middle of september with no problems. in theprice range though the lite fade and small lightning bag are better.

The build quality of these bags is seemingly poor.

I got mine free at this year's Ace Race. These bags retail for $15 - I wouldn't pay a cent for it. Been using it 2-3 times per week since, and two seams have split apart. Maybe these bags really are only built for once-a-week use.

It's supposed to hold 8 to 10 discs, I've never had more than 7 in it. I'm also pretty gentle with my stuff.

Maybe I had a lemon... I would not recommend this product to anyone.

Thankfully I've got a new bag under the tree for Christmas.

I have one from the Ace Race and I keep it in my truck with a few beginner discs for when friends that have never played join me for a round.

As far as seams coming apart just take it to a place that does shoe repair and they can put some heavy duty thread on the places that come apart or you can get a needle & thread and just put it back together.

Last summer the threads started to come apart on my Innova quad-strap so I just reinforced it with some thread and it's fine now.

I like the Weekender because no one has asked why the NutSac costs more since they have been side by side. It has been great for sales!

I have bought those bags for my two boys and bought the Discraft Weekender bags for my nephews for Christmas. My boys (6 & 7) have been using theirs for about 4-5 months and there have been no issues. I even had their names embroidered on the bags.

Everything about this Discraft Weekend bag is great...except the piss-poor thread they stitched it with. If the bag had the build quality of last year's hat, it would be the best value in disc bags. But yeah, everyone I know who has one, has had the thread break and seams come apart because of it.
Mine isn't as quick to break, but I do baby all my ****. I can fit a solid 8 discs in it-6 in the main and 2 in the putter pocket. I wish it had an extra pocket/bottle holder on the opposite side as the one it does have. My water bottle is heavy and puts the whole thing off balance.

Complain, complain, complain. I had a great time at the Ace Race, and am happy with my free bag. It's much more professional looking that the converted lunch bag I used before. Where's the 2012 Ace Race speculation thread?

Latest posts