• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discrafts misprint deal is awesome

My friends and I always joke around pretending that Disc Golf is like pokemon cards, especially because of all the fun names... Disccraft's deal makes me feel like im buying booster packs and looking for rare cards...

serious question though, Innova marks their X-outs in ink in addition to putting an "X-out" stamp on it. Does Discraft do this too? Reason I ask is I've been considering ordering a package for the purpose of Dying.

They are stamped on the bottom "discraft misprint" but its hardly noticable.

My friends and I always joke around pretending that Disc Golf is like pokemon cards, especially because of all the fun names... Disccraft's deal makes me feel like im buying booster packs and looking for rare cards...

serious question though, Innova marks their X-outs in ink in addition to putting an "X-out" stamp on it. Does Discraft do this too? Reason I ask is I've been considering ordering a package for the purpose of Dying.

Mine actually have a small imprint underneath that says discraft misprint.

Order placed on the 18th and mine came today, too!

Z Flick 164g
Z Flick 167g
ESP Nate Doss Surge 167g
ESP Tracker 174g
Z Crush 174g
FLX ESP Avenger ss 172g
Z Predator 172g
ESP Pulse 170g
ESP Meteor 170g (Ace race)
Z 2004 World Championships Disc

Z Flick 164g
Z Flick 167g
ESP Nate Doss Surge 167g
ESP Tracker 174g
Z Crush 174g
FLX ESP Avenger ss 172g
Z Predator 172g
ESP Pulse 170g

That is real close to what I got, which I suspect means they are running low on variety. I will be curious to see what others will be getting soon.

Im talking about some pages back a guy said green with plain discraft stamp and he thinks its a wasp

That was me...I will take a pic in a few days, going to be tied up until then. But it looks exactly like my Buzzz, only it says Wasp. However one of the local guys said the same thing and looked at it and said it was a Wasp. I can't tell the difference though between it and my Buzzz.

Z Flick 164g
Z Flick 167g
ESP Nate Doss Surge 167g
ESP Tracker 174g
Z Crush 174g
FLX ESP Avenger ss 172g
Z Predator 172g
ESP Pulse 170g

I'm just going to throw this out there, but if you want to trade off that Surge, I'll happily trade you for it.

just got this one in my pack as well was wondering if anyone knew what it is?

After curiosity got the better of me (despite not getting one in my pack), I came up dry on Google and decided to email Discraft directly to see if they kept track of what discs they stamped. Unfortunately, they don't keep a record so this one will remain a mystery until someone hero's up and lets out the secret. Any chance you (or anyone else that got one) can take some good pics of the rim to help us get to the bottom of this?

OK I snapped a couple quick shots but I'm not sure they are good enough to tell. The orange one is the crystal buzzz.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4666.jpg
    IMG_4666.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_4672.jpg
    IMG_4672.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 234
After curiosity got the better of me (despite not getting one in my pack), I came up dry on Google and decided to email Discraft directly to see if they kept track of what discs they stamped. Unfortunately, they don't keep a record so this one will remain a mystery until someone hero's up and lets out the secret. Any chance you (or anyone else that got one) can take some good pics of the rim to help us get to the bottom of this?

I think the one I was talking about was an avenger, measured it with my caliper and it seems most similar to my avenger, although I can't be sure.

Wonder what kind of savings there would be straight from the factory? 2-3 dollars a disc?

I think this is the only way Discraft sells direct to the public. They don't want to compete with their retailers. I hear you can pick them up at the factory, which would save on the shipping, but that's about it.

I think this is the only way Discraft sells direct to the public. They don't want to compete with their retailers. I hear you can pick them up at the factory, which would save on the shipping, but that's about it.

Yeah I checked out their web site and it looks like this is the only way to get the misprints. Even though it looked like the discs that Ive gotten have come straight fom the factory.... Wonder if that web site is run by discraft?

OK I snapped a couple quick shots but I'm not sure they are good enough to tell. The orange one is the crystal buzzz.

attachment.php

attachment.php

that green disc with plain white stamp posted about a while back was prob a 2nd first run buzzz. if so thats a great score in the misprint. first run and 2nd first run say wasp on inner rim. if its beadless then it is a buzzz

It looks to me like it is the gummy wasp (nice score!!) like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Discraft-Rare-E...0?hash=item56333f5731&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

If you mean a bead like the Banger-GT or the Wizard has, then no there is no bead. The rim appears almost exactly like the Buzzz. If there is a slight difference, it is that maybe there is slightly more angle in the curved part of the rim, but even that is debatable. I can't really see any difference between it and the buzzz. But there is a kid that plays with us sometime locally, and he originally had the idea that maybe it was the first run Buzzz (I hadn't even heard about the whole thing) and he looked at it and said it was a Wasp not a Buzzz. But I'm not sure how he could tell. You should be able to see from the picture more or less, no?

I saw this thread and ordered an Elite Z / ESP pack. I got the discs last Thursday and I am quite pleased with my pack. Below should be some images and a list of the discs.

0830091917.jpg

Top row left to right: 169 Tracker (Z), 169 Flick (Z), 174 Tracker (ESP)
Bottom row left to right: 174 Force (ESP), 169 Avenger SS (FLX), 2006 Ace Race Disc

0830091918.jpg

Top row left to right: Challenger (crystal Z), 169 Wasp (ESP)
Bottom row left to right: 177 Buzzz (Z), 170 Buzzz (ESP)

I have exclusively thrown Innova discs but I am going to give all these discraft discs a shot after being so impressed with a Buzzz i bought a month ago.

Thanks to everyone in this tread for spreading the word.

hey legend...just curious when you ordered your pack? i put an order in last monday and have yet to get a shipping confirmation yet. i figure they are getting a ton of orders lately but hopefully it'll come soon

Anyone know what this disc is? I just got one in the mail and want to know what it is. Will post pics of my haul in a few

3825566709_d14374859d.jpg

Latest posts