• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discrafts misprint deal is awesome

This is how my cousin buys all his discs. He says it gives him a chance to try out different molds and plastics. He keep what he likes and either trades or gives away the rest.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic; if you are, I meant that I can't throw them very well, not that they're useless. If you aren't being sarcastic then I would suggest you try this website instead:
http://www.sunkingdiscs.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=555

As mentioned on this thread this deal allows you to choose the weight range that you would like. The deal is also different because it's $10 more and it includes discs from Innova, Discraft and others that I am not yet familiar with.

Stangoo ordered from Sunking Discs so you could wait for him to post what he got if you're unsure.

Also, Facesnorth was the first person that I know of to get anything nearly that light and you could always sell/trade/give them away.

Not being sarcastic, 150 class would be too light for me. thanks for the info on this other deal.

150 class are good to toss in a field and work on technique and control.
If you can control a 150 disc then you can easily control a heavier disc with enough power.

Feldberg and other Pros go over to Japan and wreck in their 150 class tournaments and those guys have cannons!

So today I got my order of elite-z/esp and also pro-d/elite-x's.

Here's what I got.

Avenger, ESP, 150 class
Flick, ESP, 150 class
Avenger SS, Elite-Z, 173
Cyclone, ESP, 176
Surge, Nate Doss signature ESP, 169
Surge, Nate Doss signature ESP, 171
Challenger, Crystal Z, Ltd edition, 172-174
Buzzz, Crystal Z, Ltd edition, 173-178 "2008 Grapevine Classic"
Crush, 170, tie die colors, I would guess it's ESP plastic
Banger-GT, ESP, 173

I really like this one as well'.... those 150's might not be to bad considering the type of discs they are. I really like your premium package. The X/D one is a little bit of a dud but ohwell. What colors were your premium package in? Seems like its mostly bright colors.

It's all woods around here, so not so much wind. That could make the 150's fairly useful, especially since I have an arm injury and can't throw as hard as everybody before my arm starts hurting. Actually, I was thinking of picking up a Flick 150 anyway just because of it's unusual extreme flight pattern, I thought I could find some use for it.

I'm happy with my colors, too. I'd post pics but for some reason my camera isn't being recognized by my PC anymore.

peach/mauve disc, silver label Avenger, ESP, 150 class
yellow disc, purple label Flick, ESP, 150 class
clear red disc, white label Avenger SS, Elite-Z, 173
light lime green disc, red label (awesome looking) Cyclone, ESP, 176
light blue disc, white label Surge, Nate Doss signature ESP, 169
green disc, black label Surge, Nate Doss signature ESP, 171
aqua blue clear disc, white label Challenger, Crystal Z, Ltd edition, 172-174
clear white (basically invisible) disc, black grapevine label, white discraft label Buzzz, Crystal Z, Ltd edition, 173-178 "2008 Grapevine Classic"
purple/red/yellow tie-die, gold label Crush, 170, tie die colors, I would guess it's ESP plastic
yellow disc, red label Banger-GT, ESP, 173

None of my discs are tournament discs except the grapevine one mentioned, and one from my Banger-Gt's from my pro-D set. Many of the discs I cannot even tell what the misprint is, they look like brand new discs except for the stamp underneath that says misprint (which is hard to see).

Has anyone received their SunKing packs yet? If so, posting them would be awesome.

sunkings deal not so awsome

just recieved my mystery 12 pack today and this is what i got

discraft esp cyclone/174 x out
discraft sparkle driver??/171 tourny stamp
innova star destroyer/172 bottom stamp, but has a nice dent on the top of the disc
2 innova dx sidewinders/175 and 170 both tourny stamp xouts
innova dx aviar/ 175 tourny xout
innova dx roc/180 tourny x out
gateway sss wizard/175 but looks like it has been stepped on many times
gateway ss i want to say warlock/172 tourny stamp
gateway element mid range in evolution plastic/172 xout
gateway savage clear evolution plastic/no weight on it prob 170 and up, major bubbles in rim
gateway high speed driver evolution plastic/176/ sunking stamp

all in all i was pretty un happy with this package. no real winners to me
i would not suggest:confused:

just recieved my mystery 12 pack today and this is what i got

discraft esp cyclone/174 x out
discraft sparkle driver??/171 tourny stamp /its a crush
innova star destroyer/172 bottom stamp, but has a nice dent on the top of the disc
2 innova dx sidewinders/175 and 170 both tourny stamp xouts
innova dx aviar/ 175 tourny xout
innova dx roc/180 tourny x out
gateway sss wizard/175 but looks like it has been stepped on many times
gateway ss i want to say warlock/172 tourny stamp
gateway element mid range in evolution plastic/172 xout
gateway savage clear evolution plastic/no weight on it prob 170 and up, major bubbles in rim
gateway high speed driver evolution plastic/176/ sunking stamp

all in all i was pretty un happy with this package. no real winners to me
i would not suggest:confused:[/QUOTE

Ordered the Z/ESP 10 disc grab bag from Sportdiscs this morning. Will keep the board up to date on how long it takes to get the order and what I get in mine.

Yeah, even though the sunking deal is a better price per disc, it sure seems like the better package comes with the discraft deal. I'd still be interested to see if you just got a bum deal, and if other people got a good deal or something completely different than you.

personally the only thing that looks crappy about your lot to me is that some of the discs themselves sound mangled, not just the stamp. I'm actually hoping to get an ESP Cyclone in my discraft lot but now that I've said it I'm sure I wont.

Yeah I don't know much about gateway discs but the 2 dx sidewinders, aviar, and beat up discs would have been a disappointment. There are no visible bubbles in any of the discs that I got but my Buzzz seems to have a dent in the faceplate. It's in the same area as the misprint stamp so I'm wondering if that has something to do with it. It's in ESP and my cousin suggested that I leave it in the sun for a while and then put something heavy on it to flatten it out. I'm not sure if the dent makes a difference but the disc does seem a little more overstable than I expected it to be.

no "package sent" email yet. The anticipation is killing me, I feel like a little kid at Christmas again.

For those of you that did this Discraft misprint deal, how long before they processed and sent your order? The website says it can take 1-2 weeks ... the optimist in me was hoping most of you got yours sent out faster.

I ordered mind on the 20th of June and recieved them on the 29th according to my E-mail history. The website says that it can take them 1-2 weeks for them to actually send the package to UPS and it all depends on them from there.
Yeah, it's pretty exciting; I missed the first delivery so I drove down to UPS and picked it up myself rather than wait, haha.