• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discrafts misprint deal is awesome

Right! It's bcr987psu! He's such a disc slut, that guy...he is...really.

I don't throw a lot of Discraft so I trade/sell a lot of the misprints that I get. Most people around me don't know about the misprint deal or they don't want to put up $80 for 10 discs they may or may not like. So, for full disclosure, I tell them that it's a misprint, they don't care, and they get a disc much cheaper than they would online or in a store and I get a dollar or two toward my tourney entry fees or new equipment...win/win. That and I hook up my friends and family with good discs at cost...even better yet.

If I knew anybody that was (legally) getting a good deal on discs that I threw (say, Gateway Assassins) and would sell them to me at a markup but less than retail, I wouldn't hesitate to buy from that guy.

From reading that I just remembered how disappointing it is that my local shop won't be carrying x-outs anymore(just stopped for this year i guess). Sure x-outs includes more than just misprinting, but I got a great champ disc that has no problems except 2 bubbles in it for ~$10. I wish he hadn't given up on selling them.

Got mine yesterday. Saw the UPS truck as I was leaving so I had to go back in and wait.

Here is what I received in the bossin brown box:

Avenger SS - ESP ----- 170g
Avenger SS - ESP FLX - 173g
Avenger SS - Z ------- 174g
XS ---------- Z ------- 174g
Surge ------- ESP FLX - 171g
Buzzz ------- Z ------- 177g
Predator ---- Z -------- 169g
Predator ---- ESP FLX - 168g
Force ------- ESP ----- 174g
Reaper ------ Z -------- 175g (first run)

There's that reaper I have been hearing about here. Not sure what to think of it after I went and tossed these discs at the soccer field for a while yesterday. The XS is clear and has a cool 2002 Ice Bowl stamp, its a little smudged (hence the misprint :rolleyes:) but cool nonetheless. Also I love the Buzzz already! :hfive:

where are the mids? seems only buzzzs and drivers in most packs

I don't know about more mids, but more putters fo sho.

Discraft makes very few putters in Z or ESP plastic. Actually, I just checked their site and they have no Z putters (though they have CryZtal Z Challengers), and only have the Zone and Banger GT in ESP, and FLX they have only Challenger

The first time I ordered this pack I got a Drone, a Zone, and a Buzzz. Also, I have traded for a misprint Challenger.

Misprint Haul

Alright I've been lurking here for awhile, guess I'll join in with the package a buddy and I got earlier today.

ESP Buzzz - white 172g, feels more like flx
Z Buzzz - yellow 177g
Z Stalker - red 171g
FLX Avenger SS - blue 174g, no misprint stamp
FLX Surge - teal 170g, no misprint stamp
FLX Surge - blue 175g
FLX Predator - pink 169g, no misprint stamp
Z Predator - blue 171g
Z Reaper - clear 170g with the first run stamp many others have received

Z ????? - clear 172g. I have some other Discraft in my bag as well and the disc it most closely resembles is the Reaper above. The wing is nearly if not identical with the concave underside and bead, and appear to be about the same width. It's the same color plastic as the Reaper and it has a really cool custom 3D full color stamp, it even has the old school misprint hotstamp on the bottom with the original Discraft logo. The only thing keeping me from calling it a Reaper is the dome which is substantially larger than the Reaper I got, which is really flat almost concave. What ever it is it's been sitting around for a long time. If anyone who knows Discraft could shed some light it would be greatly apprecited.

All in all a good set of discs I think, especially considering the two older discs and three perfect discs. Not my first set and certainly not my last.

Attachments

• IMG00003-20100723-2130.jpg
    IMG00003-20100723-2130.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
After lurking glad to see your not a stalker or a predator. Nice score on the discs maybe next time your order will be xl and you can score some sweet disc to flick that will be like magnets to the Ching juju.

Got home from work to find my box of goodies. I've been more of an Innova guy to this point, so feel free to comment on some of these discs. I got the Buzzz and Surge I was hoping for:

Black FLX Challenger 174, (always happy to try a new putter)
Cryztal Z Buzzz 173-178,
Z Buzzz 178,
Z Avenger ss 173,
Z Avenger ss 168,
FLX Avenger ss 173, no stamp
FLX Predator 166, no stamp
FLX Surge 165, no stamp
Z Reaper 169, Z boat Open 2002(I don't know what any of that means)
Esp Pulse 168

A little heavy on the avenger ss, so I hope I like that disc. Feels like a nice haul and I can't wait to hit the field with these.

damn havent beenin here since I got my last set ... and already thinking about another ... and then theres a new bag ... just dont know which to attack first .... prob end up with a set or two before Christmas though hahahaha

I just convinced myself after many months of deliberation that i should buy this and if i dont like the discs that i could sell/trade them. Then when i go to order i see that they are out of stock:wall:

you have to be [explitive deleted] kidding me! I was going to order one last week and decided to wait until I get paid again this Friday. :mad:

just got an ESP/Z set in yesterday, here's what i got:
ESP FLX Buzz (White 170)
Crystal Z Buzz (Yellow no weight)
Z Buzz (Blue 177)
Z Stalker (Orange 172)
Z Avenger SS (Pink 167)
ESP Avenger (Green 169)
ESP Surge (White 173)
ESP Force (Orange 173)
Z Flick (Peach 174)
ESP FLX Predator (Green 174)

i'm pretty pleased