• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] Discs With 6 Or More Glide

DiscologyGus

Par Member
Does anyone know off the top of their head which discs have 6 or more glide?
I know the Tern, Daedalus, Escape, Saint... Are there any more that I'm missing?

FD, River, Shryke, Mystere, Hatchet, DDx to name a few.
Glide really is subjective and difficult to define and rate. I've thrown glide 6-7 discs and them not carry as well as discs with glide 5... any particular reason you're searching?

FD, River, Shryke, Mystere, Hatchet, DDx to name a few.
Glide really is subjective and difficult to define and rate. I've thrown glide 6-7 discs and them not carry as well as discs with glide 5... any particular reason you're searching?

I've just had better luck getting distance with higher glide discs and I'm on a mission to find a disc that I can throw 400'+ consistently... I have an arm speed of 10-11 I'd say.

I've just had better luck getting distance with higher glide discs and I'm on a mission to find a disc that I can throw 400'+ consistently... I have an arm speed of 10-11 I'd say.

As someone who has traveled down this road before you...

The glide numbers are somewhat relative, and Innova's "6" is not necessarily Lat64's "6" glide (Lat64 tends to put their numbers a notch higher than they really are; their "6" is Innova's "5").

Higher glide discs generally DO go farther, but is somewhat relative as well. And the Destroyer's "5" is not the same as the TL's "5" or the Buzzz's "5". In addition, different discs mold up slightly differently, and can have more or less glide than the flight numbers indicate.

So my suggestions are to work on good form, worry more about the speed and fade than the glide, work on good form, try a Sidewinder and a Tern, work on good form, and above all else, have fun with your practice and your play.

Last edited:
What do you throw now, and at what distance?
If you're throwing PDs 375, then a star beast would probably push you out past 400... but say if you're throwing Hatchets at 360, well, you're not gonna get much more than that. Form is always a better way to get more D than relying on discs I will say. I've got an Inertia (speed 10-11) that I love to use as a distance driver when I'm not feeling hot and I've pushed it well past 400 on many occasions, but I don't bag it anymore. If you're interested shoot me a PM and we might could work something out. Inertias glide really well for their speed I've found.
Edit: SD86 beat me to it about form, but I guess that goes to show the importance of it ;)

Last edited:
As someone who has traveled down this road before you...

The glide numbers are somewhat relative, and Innova's "6" is not necessarily Lat64's "6" glide (Lat64 tends to put their numbers a notch higher than they really are; their "6" is Innova's "5").

Higher glide discs generally DO go farther, but is somewhat relative as well. And the Destroyer's "5" is not the same as the TL's "5" or the Buzzz's "5". In addition, different discs mold up slightly differently, and can have more or less glide than the flight numbers indicate.

So my suggestions are to work on good form, worry more about the speed and fade than the glide, work on good form, try a Sidewinder and a Tern, work on good form, and above all else, have fun with your practice and your play.[/QUOTE

I appreciate the advice, I was actually getting great results from my Tern until I threw it in a river... should probably just pull the trigger and buy another one. Do you know if a Tern in Champ, star, gstar is more "glidey"?

I appreciate the advice, I was actually getting great results from my Tern until I threw it in a river... should probably just pull the trigger and buy another one. Do you know if a Tern in Champ, star, gstar is more "glidey"?

Star Terns are more understable than Champ Terns and will probably give you a bit more distance. I throw Star Terns and sometimes a Champ Tern that's lighter weight.

Underworld is rated at 6 glide. It's probably the glidiest disc I've thrown, it could easily be rated 7 IMO. Insane glide for days. But I don't think it's possible to get 400ft out of it, it's too flippy

Innova Mamba 11, 6, -5, 1 matches your 11 speed arm

Lattiude 64's Beetle will be speed 1 glide 7.

Apparently it will be able to hover in a mild headwind.

Go to infinitediscs.com. Click Advanced Disc Search below the search bar. Click the box for Flight Ratin. Drop down box for Glide set it 6 to 8. Narrow it down by speed rating since you're looking for a driver, maybe 8 speed through 15. Narrow it down more if you want based on turn and fade.

Latest posts