• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Distance Driver you use most ON the course?

seedlings

* Ace Member *
Not max distance, not open field, but which distance driver do you use most on the course?

My local course has zero holes for bombing. They all have low ceiling.

I use a Discraft Thrasher or flippy Destroyer most on hyzer flip up.

Legacy Cannon with caveat...like most wide rim discs there's variation among the mold. My go-to 167ish opaque Pinnacles (I have like a dozen) are very hyzerflip workable in this situation with the added benefit of skipping if I want them to, or not fading through release/nose angles and height. My heavier Legends or newer clear runs of Pinnacle are significantly more overstable, so they're much more hole specific. Haven't spent much time with my Icons.

To clarify, you are looking for max golf distance in the woods, right?

Star Mamba, I have three with different weights. Their my most consistent driver, except I don't use them on a moderate or higher down wind. And they don't get used at all on a strong wind.

I use a plasma or cosmic neutron wave for max D golf lines. My plasma crave or proton insanity get more work though, although those are fairways, not distance drivers.

Legacy Cannon with caveat...like most wide rim discs there's variation among the mold. My go-to 167ish opaque Pinnacles (I have like a dozen) are very hyzerflip workable in this situation with the added benefit of skipping if I want them to, or not fading through release/nose angles and height. My heavier Legends or newer clear runs of Pinnacle are significantly more overstable, so they're much more hole specific. Haven't spent much time with my Icons.

To clarify, you are looking for max golf distance in the woods, right?

Not max distance, just MOST USED on the course.

Not max distance, not open field, but which distance driver do you use most on the course?

Easy question - 157 Neutron Wave. It is remarkably neutral at my (non-awesome) distance so I can throw it on multiple lines. Fairly flat and shallow so it sidearms nicely, too.

The only other DD I carry is a 157 Pro Wraith, but it only gets to fly when I need more fade. Which, in the woods, isn't very often.

Generally if a course has several 400+ holes I will be breaking out the Warhorse and Atomic Kahu a lot.

However, I played a three round tournament yesterday where I only threw a distance driver twice and it was an S DDX because I wouldn't be stressed if I lost it in the water.

Not max distance, just MOST USED on the course.

That's complicated for me...I only carry one mold I'd consider a distance driver [Cannon], though I can throw a Valkyrie pretty damn far.

Valk, final answer.

Stable champ Shryke and old star Shryke. If windy switches to various Wraiths.

Pro Wraith - I've got 2 in the bag: one fresh 175 and a lighter one that turns easier. On some open courses I'll use those two for more than half of the tee shots.

I carry 3 gstar Shrykes: 150 flippy as hell, fresh 171 that's straight-stable, and a 175 that is the most weirdly overstable and glideless Shryke I've ever thrown.

Pro Wraiths. I just lost one yesterday so I'll slide a fresh one in there.

Definitely Trespass. Most days it is the only distance driver mold in my bag. It's not the longest but it is the mold that best balances distance and control for me, and is also a disc that spans the full stability spectrum from OS (heavy Lucid-X) to neutral (mid-weight Lucif or Fuzion) to US (light Biofuzion).

Star Wraith, but rarely used.

Teebirds used to say distance driver, so I'm going with that.

Depends on the course, situation but either:
Champ Mamba or Z lite Crank... both are in the 150's.

Latest posts