• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Does it offend you to see people guzzling beer while playing disc golf?

Does it bother you to see people guzzling beer on disc golf courses?

• Yes

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • No

Votes: 33 68.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As long as they don't leave bottles everywhere, and the parks in the area allow it to be carried on premises, beer should be a non-issue.

If someone truly loves the game they will not drink or smoke dope on the course.

It would be funny to see Tony Romo on Monday Night Football throwing a pass with a tall-boy in his left hand. Then after TO scores a touchdown he could take a sharpie out of his sock and draw a pot leaf on the football and throw it into the crowd. Then security could arrest the person who kept the football because ownership of property does not transferr just because you find something that was thrown into an area where it has a good chance of being lost forever.

Drinking OK, Littering NO

my thoughts plain from the title
- people drink beer on my home course but there are plenty of trash cans so no litter (at least not from DGers)
- maybe your course needs more trash cans
- maybe your course needs volunteers to help keep it clean (maybe your should organize a clean up/awareness day)
- and of course everyone needs to take more care to clean up after themselves...

my 2 cents
nex

If someone truly loves the game they will not drink or smoke dope on the course.

It would be funny to see Tony Romo on Monday Night Football throwing a pass with a tall-boy in his left hand. Then after TO scores a touchdown he could take a sharpie out of his sock and draw a pot leaf on the football and throw it into the crowd. Then security could arrest the person who kept the football because ownership of property does not transfer just because you find something that was thrown into an area where it has a good chance of being lost forever.

So a casual round of DG = professional football? And a ball thrown into the stands to give to a fan is the same as a someone losing a disc and someone else finding and keeping it? Good argument. you've certainly gotten right to the heart of the issues.

So a casual round of DG = professional football? And a ball thrown into the stands to give to a fan is the same as a someone losing a disc and someone else finding and keeping it? Good argument. you've certainly gotten right to the heart of the issues.

Pointing out how things that are obviously similar are not exactly the same is not much of an argument. If you're going to play devil's advocate with me you need to come up with something better than that.

Litter

Personally, me and my usual disc golf partner in crime are hippies (them moreso than me), and we both detest littering. Im gonna pull a john and make a sweeping generalization here :D I think most DGers are like me in this respect, since part of the fun of the sport is the appreciation of the natural berauty of the courses you are playing on, like a short hike made ten times better, and littering your own course ruins this.
In my experience, the random empties of Natty Ice and menthol butts laying around are largesly because of the other patrons of the park.

You know, that group of 6 unwashed chainsmokers at the park table between holes three and four, having a little picnic with several thirty packs at 11am (dive bars arent open yet)
I believe the British call them Chavs.

Try to tell me they repect the park more than a disc golfer. How many members of the community come out to pour concrete for a new basketball court? Or plant sod when the grass dies? Yet most disc golf courses in these parks are set up by volunteer efforts, and maintained and improved by the same grassroots effort.

I wont lie, I have played in a group with disc golfers who (tried to) litter, but they didnt away with that crap when they were in my group. Needless to say, they are not people I normally play with. Do what you can within your sphere of influence.

Pointing out how things that are obviously similar are not exactly the same is not much of an argument. If you're going to play devil's advocate with me you need to come up with something better than that.

Sorry, I don't think you can all compare ANY professional sport and the things that happen there to a casual round of disc golf. IMO your comparison offered nothing other than sarcasm and wasn't at all an attempt to further the discussion.

I think I agree with most everyone else here in saying it is not the drinking, unless you are stupid drunk, but it is the littering, cans, bottles, butts. My home course has quite a few trash cans but you still have litter on the course. I always walk through and pick it up if I see it but I think it just sucks that people want to bring it along and then throw it randomly over the course.

its mostly the dirtbags who are littering -- most people's hangup on drinking seems to be the littering

whered pro football come from? i dont even know how to respond to that

I'd be willing to bet, and this is without looking at the other thread, but i'd be willing to bet that Sidewinding, from "God's Country in Central Texas" is gonna be voting for that old man and that sexy governor from Alaska here in about 2 months...just a guess though...

I'd be willing to bet, and this is without looking at the other thread, but i'd be willing to bet that Sidewinding, from "God's Country in Central Texas" is gonna be voting for that old man and that sexy governor from Alaska here in about 2 months...just a guess though...

Wrong!

I won't ruin it for you though. I'll let you search the other thread to find out.

Another perfect example of the effects of marijuana on the mind.

I dont smoke marijuana. Sorry.

You seem to have a pretty big chip on your shoulder? any reason why?

Im sorry that you used a horrible analogy to try and make your point. Clearly I should have been more specific with why its such a bad analogy. I thought it was pretty obvious, but here we go:

ok, MNF is watched by approximately 16 mil viewers each week. A casual round of DG is watched by approximately 0 viewers. Tony Romo is under a 64+ million dollar contract. The average casual DGer is under a 0 dollar contract. A professional football player is often a role model for young children, while most children out there have no idea about some dude out in the woods tossin plastic in his spare time. A pro athlete purposely tossing a souvenir to a fan is nothing like someone finding property that someone else has accidentally lost and then deciding to keep for themselves.

Im sure I could come up with at least 100 more easy and clear reasons why comparing someone who drinks beer, or smokes marijuana during a casual round on a DG course is NOTHING at all like the analogy you came up with, but I dont really need to because its blatantly obvious that your comparison was terrible.

In closing, even if I was the biggest pot head on the east coast I can still put together rational thoughts and bring up valid points in a discussion. whats your excuse?

Last edited:
he doesn't even vote...

You seem to have a pretty big chip on your shoulder? any reason why?

his shoulder is heavy with that chip!...he spews religious rhetoric and demeans others beliefs, stating how Allah is the "Bad half" of god and "Buddha's a chubby pothead"...his eyesight must be so blurry from all that Bible reading...yet another reason i won't be making it to Texas any time soon...and I'm sure he's/they are happy about that...the guy doesn't even vote but he feels the need to chime in several times on a thread about others voting practices...ignorance is bliss;)

Let me break it down for the democrats out there. DG and football have some things in common. The main thing being the requirement of a human to accurately deliver a flying object across a grassy field to a target. If said human is more focused on looking cool, impressing friends, and catching a buzz than the accurate delivery of said flying object, much could be said about the dedication of said human to their sport of choice.

his shoulder is heavy with that chip!...he spews religious rhetoric and demeans others beliefs, stating how Allah is the "Bad half" of god and "Buddha's a chubby pothead"...his eyesight must be so blurry from all that Bible reading...yet another reason i won't be making it to Texas any time soon...and I'm sure he's/they are happy about that...the guy doesn't even vote but he feels the need to chime in several times on a thread about others voting practices...ignorance is bliss;)

Don't mistake an opinion for a chip on the shoulder.

You misinterpreted the other thread and/or tried to make it sound worse. I never used the words "bad half".

Direct Quote:
"Those who do not seek forgiveness will be subject to the full wrath of the other part of God.

Allah is the Muslim name for this other part of God.

Buddha was just a chubby philosopher. He probably smoked pot and would have loved throwing frisbees."

an opinion could be rationalizing as to what might happen to someone who doesn't believe in god....but when you feel the need to chime in several times on a thread about voting beliefs, when you don't even vote!!...that sir, is a chip

Latest posts