• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Drive form feedback. Fire away

For some reason it looks like the x step does nothing, but I have no room to talk, you look like you throw farther than I do! I need to tape myself and see what I do wrong.

What are you throwing...a Boss? Torque monkey. Too bad I can't see the follow through. You pull is way high, nose up, weight back and torquing. Go back to the beato vid from a standstill.

What are you throwing...a Boss? Torque monkey. Too bad I can't see the follow through. You pull is way high, nose up, weight back and torquing. Go back to the beato vid from a standstill.

Blunt, but true. X step doesn't look like it's doing much like the other guy said either. Make your ass face the target.

The first vid is a firebird on a short hole, the second a Boss on a long hole. Thanks for the feedback, I'll work on more open/close hip pivot.

When you say my pull is way high, do you mean too high up across my chest? And yes, I have been revisiting the "nose up" world here lately.

When you say my pull is way high, do you mean too high up across my chest? And yes, I have been revisiting the "nose up" world here lately.

Your reachback is over your shoulders and your pull comes down to the chest as you torque it over and getting nose up. Since your weight is back at the hit your pull is somewhat straight, but when you get your forward you'll find a low to high pull is more powerful and nose down. You have no snap on those throws, just torque. Im guessing you run into some "griplock" every once in while. Put down the Boss and learn to throw with a Teebird or mid or putter.

Your reachback is over your shoulders and your pull comes down to the chest as you torque it over and getting nose up. Since your weight is back at the hit your pull is somewhat straight, but when you get your forward you'll find a low to high pull is more powerful and nose down. You have no snap on those throws, just torque. Im guessing you run into some "griplock" every once in while. Put down the Boss and learn to throw with a Teebird or mid or putter.

I don't really griplock too often. Teebird is my D of choice ;). It was about a 30 mph headwind and a longer hole, thus the boss. Thanks again.

Do a vid throwing a teebird next time, doesn't matter where it ends up, just to see the form and follow through.

You ever see the butt face towels?

I haven't seen those, and you and Cdub were exactly right on turning away from the basket. I tweaked my back and learned to throw with it sore. I have been struggling to regain the "good" drive I had several weeks ago, thus the post. They crank out much farther/easier when I make an ass face.

You're getting better rotation, but you're accelerating way too early. You don't need to worry about accelerating until after the disc passes your right pec. Accelerating before that just makes accelerating at the right time harder. It's what people commonly call "strong arming."

Thanks, I will continue the process. The rotation did help. I'll try to get my pull acceleration in order. Sidewinder said low to high pull, but this hole plays to a lower elevation so I tried to keep it flat. BTW, Had I videoed myself working on release and pull angles, I could have submitted it to AFV.

Nice... I don't see many Okie's around here using the X step. Everybody wants to do the massive run up.

Gotta agree with the "ass face" technique. The X step makes it way easy to productively reach back and pull through.

When I use it, my feet are a lot "quieter" and I just let the last step give the big forward momentum. Similar to baseball pitching: methodical wind-up then the big step and fire.

Nice... I don't see many Okie's around here using the X step. Everybody wants to do the massive run up.

Gotta agree with the "ass face" technique. The X step makes it way easy to productively reach back and pull through.

When I use it, my feet are a lot "quieter" and I just let the last step give the big forward momentum. Similar to baseball pitching: methodical wind-up then the big step and fire.

Yeah, I play with some crushers that run up and some that don't. I figure I don't need the run up based on my friends' results that don't run up. If it's all the same in the end, I don't need it. Plus it's harder for me to get in time doing a run up since I'm moving through everything faster.

Latest posts