• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dyeing things that are not discs...

TrippinBill

Eagle Member
Sorry to make a new thread, I looked for a general questions thread but couldn't find one. So...I have the Keen Delavega shoes and I hate wearing red. I love the shoes though. I want to dye everything red on the shoes black, but I've never dyed anything that wasn't a disc. Anyone out there have any experience with this?

Sub-question: Does anyone know what other colors I could achieve dyeing the red part of the shoes?

Cant help with an answer. I am definitely with you on the color of those shoes. They need to make another color choice in those things for me to throw down $100 on a pair. I would prefer more gray where the black was with a touch of blue or green where the shoe is currently red. I understand darker colors will work better in nastier/wetter/muddier conditions. They just look like industrial work shoe or one you would wear busing tables in a restaurant or making my sandwich at Subway.

Yeah, I won them in a tourney. I wouldn't have paid for them in that color, but beggars can't be choosers right.

Black RIT can screw with the black that's already there. I speak from experience on this one. Plus, I'm not sure the material would take a dye well.
That red bugs me since that totally keeps me from wearing them to work. I can get away with Moab Ventilators since they're solid colored.

Just got a pair myself. I could go either way on the color, but the shoes themselves have performed great over the past two weeks.
I doubt that washing them with RIT would work, because of the waterproofing process they use, but hey, it's worth a try (especially on a free pair).

Mix up some iDye Poly, and paint it on - I mean, it's fabric dye after all, so it probably wouldn't hurt.

I myself hate the current colors most sneakers come in today... if the dye doesn't work, get a new sharpie, and have at it. I've done multiple shoes in this manner (but I'm a bit weird when it comes to this topic...)