• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dynamic Discs Open Coverage Air Dates Set on CBS Sports Network

Jay Dub

* Ace Member *
https://www.dgpt.com/announcements/dynamic-discs-open-coverage-air-dates-set-on-cbs-sports-network/

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE // August 11, 2020 // Emporia, KS

The Disc Golf Pro Tour (DGPT), Dynamic Discs, and JomezPro are pleased to announce that the air dates of four 1-hour telecasts of the Dynamic Discs Open are now finalized and ready to air on CBS Sports Network. The air dates are as follows:

Round 1: Wednesday, August 26th, 7:00 PM EST
Round 2: Thursday, August 27th, 7:00 PM EST
Final Round: Friday, August 28th, 7:00 PM EST
Skins Match: Saturday, August 29th, 7:00 PM EST

I like how the skins match is the last airing. Not sure how many people will find the tournament rounds on their own (people who have never heard of dg), but to see a couple of tournaments rounds and then after the fact see the pros have a bit more fun might resonate more with those people.

Personally I think the skins videos are some of my favorites to watch on YouTube, get to see them take the higher risk shots they would never take in tournament play. Plus there's usually a bit of on camera trash talk. KJUSA has been pretty good about this on the last few skins videos, makes it that much more entertaining.

I just hope they mention during the broadcasts that they are airing four consecutive nights, so people know and catch all of them. Finally got my dad on board with a Roku box a few months ago and know CBS Sports has a dedicated app. I'm hoping the rounds will be there on demand after they originally air. I still think though that the biggest bulk of non golfers who view are gonna be friends and family members of people who actually play and get pestered into checking it out.

I like how the skins match is the last airing. Not sure how many people will find the tournament rounds on their own (people who have never heard of dg), but to see a couple of tournaments rounds and then after the fact see the pros have a bit more fun might resonate more with those people.

Personally I think the skins videos are some of my favorites to watch on YouTube, get to see them take the higher risk shots they would never take in tournament play. Plus there's usually a bit of on camera trash talk. KJUSA has been pretty good about this on the last few skins videos, makes it that much more entertaining.

I just hope they mention during the broadcasts that they are airing four consecutive nights, so people know and catch all of them. Finally got my dad on board with a Roku box a few months ago and know CBS Sports has a dedicated app. I'm hoping the rounds will be there on demand after they originally air. I still think though that the biggest bulk of non golfers who view are gonna be friends and family members of people who actually play and get pestered into checking it out.
Hell yeah, skins matches are always the best!

Not sure if this is going to increase interest in the sport or not. Maybe if they make it a regular thing so it can build a following. I see Jomez is just shy of a quarter million subscribers already after hitting 100k just last year. Let's see if it accelerates even more, just in time for some of the best stops of the year in Sept. & Oct. At this rate do they reach a million next summer?

I love watching skins matches usually. But you kind of need a crowd for them to be interesting. I tried watching a few this year and it's just not the same with COVID. Even with KJ on the card.

I'm definitely going to watch all the coverage though. Curious to see how it looks.

For those of us that don't have CBSSN - It looks like you can sign up for a 7 day free trial of fubo.tv, which includes cbssn

Last edited:
Is this gonna be the same format as the youtube stuff, i.e just one card? Or will they show other players and cards, rather than just lead or chase?

I just went to set my DVR to record this and it doesn't show up in the channel listing, just their regular programming... It also doesn't show up on the two TV schedule links that were posted awhile back, they both show the same thing my preview guide does. The actual CBS site schedule I posted a couple weeks ago isn't updated that far ahead yet...

Its now listed on my preview guide. 2020 DGPT Dynamic Discs

Looks like it will be re-aired on Saturday morning also.

The skins is listed under High Stakes Skins Match and is only to air once apparently.

Last edited:
attachment.php

There's no DGPT picture like there is for the tournament rounds. At least not in my provider's app.

Attachments

• Skins.JPG
    Skins.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 284
I'm guessing the casual viewer has no idea that "2020 DGPT Dynamic Discs" or "2020 High Stakes Skins Match" are disc golf events.

Dynamic is running a "companion" live stream each of the four nights... Here's the links...

Wed...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zqr6zq5uK0
Thur...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cADa8HoOAY
Fri...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWi-Y7AuqIg
Sat...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWP19MIQVCc

From the vid description...

******This is NOT a broadcast of the CBS Sports Network Coverage****
What is a Companion Stream?
We will not be streaming the CBS Broadcast to you, the viewer. We will be streaming us watching the broadcast from our studio as it happens while you watch it at home. We will be in the YouTube chat to talk about the broadcast.

Hell yeah, skins matches are always the best!

Not sure if this is going to increase interest in the sport or not. Maybe if they make it a regular thing so it can build a following. I see Jomez is just shy of a quarter million subscribers already after hitting 100k just last year. Let's see if it accelerates even more, just in time for some of the best stops of the year in Sept. & Oct. At this rate do they reach a million next summer?

I just hope they put some serious money up for the skins. $50 / $100 a hole isn't going to get anyone excited in the least Total skins purse needs to be a minimum of $5k or it will just seem like some guys playing in a park. Just my two cents.

I'm guessing the casual viewer has no idea that "2020 DGPT Dynamic Discs" or "2020 High Stakes Skins Match" are disc golf events.

Yeah, unless someone is actively searching for disc golf, there's an extremely small chance that a viewer just stumbles across this.

It will be mainly current disc golfers, their mom/family, friends and co-workers who might watch for a few holes.

But, hey it's disc golf on CBS (Sports Network).

Latest posts