• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle Enthusiasm

I put in an order for 2. Excited to see what I receive (have low expectations as I know true beauties are rare) and see if it has the nice smooth wing-to-dome transition, or the odd little ledge that recent Eagles have had.

I'll be bummed out if it has the ledge.

Agree. None of the recent eagles have the flight that made me fall in love with them originally. I honestly hate the newer eagles that have that "ledge" present. BUT, even if these have it... At least I am supporting a pro with the purchase.

My (1) CE Eagle has the ledge people talk about. (RIP - it's actually shattered but I keep the disc for historical reasons)

You think anybody from Innova ever reads these threads? They have to know that people hate their poop swirl plastics, right?

I'm sure they know but as long as keep selling then they will keep pumping them out. Maybe the strategy is to make a small portion of them good looking so whales buy large quantities to try and get one of the good ones.

Whoever gets a Barsby Eagle, let us know if they are dark colors. I might have to wait until another retailer sells them so I can see what color I'm going to get.

Whoever gets a Barsby Eagle, let us know if they are dark colors. I might have to wait until another retailer sells them so I can see what color I'm going to get.

Mine will be arriving today (wednesday). I wasn't sure if the factory store took color requests or not, but I asked for blue or pink if they would oblige me. We'll see what comes in.

You think anybody from Innova ever reads these threads? They have to know that people hate their poop swirl plastics, right?

Yea, those yellow/baby**** green swirls are soo hideous. The pink/blurple ones arent too bad but damn some of the others are enough to make a person sick, lol.

So my 2 Barsby Eagles arrived today, below is just kind of a bullet list of my immediate thoughts:
-
I asked for pink and/or blue and they obviously made an effort to fulfill that request. I received a quite pretty pastel pink that has some some deeper pink swirls in the flight plate. Not a lot of contrast between the shades of pink, and I would say it's more like a cloudy swirl rather than a pronounced marble-swirl. Still quite happy with this one.
They also did make an effort to get me a blue one. Unfortunately it is kind of a olive drab green with blue swirls in the flight plate. Certainly more marble-swirly but obviously that pea green is what none of us want to see.

Overall, I would recommend you request pink if you do order. The pink is actually a pretty nice looking disc and I'm quite happy with it.
-
These are stiffer than my preferred star runs, but not as stiff as JL and I do have some normal star eagles stiffer than these.
-
They DO have the little ledge on the shoulder where the wing meets the flightplate, but it's not as pronounced as some of my most recent star purchases.
-
They do have a higher PLH than my bagged eagles. This was apparent straight out of the box without even comparing. Upon comparing it was confirmed. It's a solid 1/16th of an inch higher, which doesn't seem like much but it will make a solid difference. I would anticipate these to be beefy.
-
I can't get out to throw these and a blizzard is rolling in, so apologize for that.
-
I can upload some pictures if people request them.

Last edited:
So my 2 Barsby Eagles arrived today, below is just kind of a bullet list of my immediate thoughts:
-
I asked for pink and/or blue and they obviously made an effort to fulfill that request. I received a quite pretty pastel pink that has some some deeper pink swirls in the flight plate. Not a lot of contrast between the shades of pink, and I would say it's more like a cloudy swirl rather than a pronounced marble-swirl. Still quite happy with this one.
They also did make an effort to get me a blue one. Unfortunately it is kind of a olive drab green with blue swirls in the flight plate. Certainly more marble-swirly but obviously that pea green is what none of us want to see.

Overall, I would recommend you request pink if you do order. The pink is actually a pretty nice looking disc and I'm quite happy with it.
-
These are stiffer than my preferred star runs, but not as stiff as JL and I do have some normal star eagles stiffer than these.
-
They DO have the little ledge on the shoulder where the wing meets the flightplate, but it's not as pronounced as some of my most recent star purchases.
-
They do have a higher PLH than my bagged eagles. This was apparent straight out of the box without even comparing. Upon comparing it was confirmed. It's a solid 1/16th of an inch higher, which doesn't seem like much but it will make a solid difference. I would anticipate these to be beefy.
-
I can't get out to throw these and a blizzard is rolling in, so apologize for that.
-
I can upload some pictures if people request them.

This has me feeling not as enthusiastic about my purchase. Maybe I should have held off on it. Hopefully we'll have some flight reports soon. Based of the description though I would bet they fly more like a banshee than an eagle. How is the dome on them?

Pictures would be great if it's not a hassle.

Apologies they aren't the best pictures ever. Not a lot of natural light coming in with the blizzard outside and I am working with a cell phone camera.

But they are attached!

The comparison image is with the Barsby (left) and a fresh normal star EX (right). Image also does a good job of displaying that "ledge" in the shoulder. Barsby one is quite noticeably, while the red star is a much smoother transition from wing to flight plate.

Attachments

• IMG_20190410_1409402.jpg
    IMG_20190410_1409402.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_20190410_1410442.jpg
    IMG_20190410_1410442.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_20190410_1415072.jpg
    IMG_20190410_1415072.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 124
Those look a lot nicer than mine. I just got them today and these look like throwers so I'll check one out next time I go to a course.

Apologies they aren't the best pictures ever. Not a lot of natural light coming in with the blizzard outside and I am working with a cell phone camera.

But they are attached!

The comparison image is with the Barsby (left) and a fresh normal star EX (right). Image also does a good job of displaying that "ledge" in the shoulder. Barsby one is quite noticeably, while the red star is a much smoother transition from wing to flight plate.

That plh pic makes it look like these are bringing the beef. Is the dome similar to your other stars?