• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle Enthusiasm

Ah crap, forgot about the stars being marked that way. I've got one of those but it just sits on the bottom of the pile.

I lost my good SEX awhile ago at standing rocks near stevens point, WI on a 150 foot n00b hyzer. I never throw that shot, but I accidentally did then...

DEHJP.jpg

Just must be me though. Star Eagle X

they don't write that on the champs, which is backwards to me since they don't make the star in l

o well, I like SEX's

they don't write that on the champs, which is backwards to me since they don't make the star in l

o well, I like SEX's

They don't make an L in Star? But yet they put that it is an X? That makes sense.:doh:

The Eagle-X is the single most useful disc I have ever found.

Between the different plastics and stages of wear, they can do damn near anything, and do so reliably.

Someone get this man a job at Innova! I feel the same way, such a sweet disc.

so far been loving my Eagle-X.. tossed in one of the new opaque runs to test with my Leopards instead of my Teebird and yeah really really like it so far.. dont get me wrong i love my Teebirds but with the Leopards i carry the TB wasnt seeing much action and the Eagle has covered some lines i dont think i could have before.. on one of my local courses there is a hole i have 2'd three times in a row with the Eagle-X.. i think i might have one other birdie on that hole previous to the Eagle..just couldnt get anything else to make that line without some luck lol

Ok Eagle lovers, i have a question. For the last few months I have been getting rid of all of my high speed drivers in attempt to get better form to gain D. My question is I have been looking for a slower speed disc to replace my Pro Wraith, how would you compare the Eagle to the Wraith? Which Eagle is more like the Wraith, a L or X? This is my last step to getting all my discs 9 speed and slower, and I'm already starting to notice a good change in my game.

Ok Eagle lovers, i have a question. For the last few months I have been getting rid of all of my high speed drivers in attempt to get better form to gain D. My question is I have been looking for a slower speed disc to replace my Pro Wraith, how would you compare the Eagle to the Wraith? Which Eagle is more like the Wraith, a L or X? This is my last step to getting all my discs 9 speed and slower, and I'm already starting to notice a good change in my game.

I would also look into the Orion LF mold. It is speed nine but flies like a longer eagle.

Sticking to Innova molds, the Eagle, Orc, and Wraith all have similar flights when powered up to their respective speeds. They simply fly at different speeds and have different distance potentials.

The OLF is very similar to an Orc. A touch more stable, however.

But between the L and X mold, the X would be the most similar to the Wraith flight. A little high speed turn and dependable fade at the end.

i've thrown about every and any possible fairway driver combination the past 2 years and am gonna give the eagle a shot. i threw a nice opaque old stamp 12x EL this weekend and it's what i wished a premium plastic leopard would be. don't get me wrong, i respect the leopard, but while it was in my bag it was limited strictly to anhyzers that needed to hold the turn all the way to the ground. it was a turnover wonder but i never clicked with it thrown flat or on a hyzerflip. the EL was nice and smooth on a hyzerflip with a touch of fade when it was done...very easy disc to throw with control. it held anhyzers well too.

just a heads up though, i wanted to use a variety of L and X molds for fairways, pds for control, and swords for distance so i was on the hunt for some EL throwers. i emailed mark molnar to see if he had any x outs or stock stamps sitting in his stash and was told that going forward the EL was going to be a cfr mold only and all production stuff would be the X mold. i wanted some cheap throwers so i ordered a bunch of f2s from the factory store and low and behold all of my champ eagle f2s were L molds. there was only one page up for champ eagle f2s, which made me think they were gonna be X molds based on the info from mark. so if you plan on ordering any eagle f2s from the factory store you might want to specify X or L mold, as it appears their stock is mixed...who knows what you will end up with if you don't.

i was kind of bummed out at first, but now i've just got some extra throwers if they ever become more difficult to find.

i threw a nice opaque old stamp 12x EL this weekend and it's what i wished a premium plastic leopard would be.

I got one of those too, super opaque champ/star 12x EL. the plastic is money

I would also look into the Orion LF mold. It is speed nine but flies like a longer eagle.

Agreed with steve. OLF (or Eagle X) is where it's at if your Wraith fades. Since it's a Pro Wraith, if it's beat into being super straight and maybe fading, I'd suggest a flat EL or maybe an OLS.

I love Eagles! I just put in my bag this summer and instantly fell in love. It has become my go to disc. I only have a white star eagle but am looking for a CE Eagle. if anyone is willing to sell i am more than interested!

anyone else have a crazy overstable 11x X? I have one 175 and it is as like a max weight Firebird. I carry it along with my flat, beat 12x L and seasoned 12x X. Only 3 I have in the bag right now, but use for most any drives under 350ft that I won't use a roc or putter for.

Eagle was my first disc I ever bought. I always have a CE X and 11X Champ X&L in the bag.

Eagle was also one of my first discs , years ago. I haven't thrown since then and should go get one just to have for memory sake. Also my technique has also changed so much, since then, that I'm wondering what it would do for me now.

Latest posts