• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle Enthusiasm

i'm seeing some beauts in this thread, gonna have to take a pic of a few of my babies and put them up here...

How are Eagles into a headwind? That is what I use my Teebirds for, but I would like to be able to shape more lines. Can an Eagle do both?

Man, this thread is making me want to throw Eagles again! There is some beautiful discs pictured in here!

How are Eagles into a headwind? That is what I use my Teebirds for, but I would like to be able to shape more lines. Can an Eagle do both?

My two SEX's work well into wind, I can put them out about 360 usually and they are straight to just a very small amount of turn. they always come back with reliable fade. What I like about the eagle is you can throw more lines than the teebird, you can throw it anny and it will fade back while the teebird doesn't do that as well.

Thanks for the input. Now to search somewhere for the difference in the 2 molds, because I have been told, but just can't remember...

Do you want to know the difference in the actual mold or in flight. The actual mold differences are that the l has a straight bottom wing where as the x mold has some curve to it and a lip on the outer most bottom lip. The l mold flies for me a bit faster and a bit flippier. I throw a leopard for what I would use an l mold for(a pretty stable ce Leo). The x mold for me released flat can handle a lot of power without turning over and flies very true with a predictable fade at the end. I will throw an x mold into a stiff wind and have confidence that its not going to roll over on me. Once they get beat in a bit, Omg, are they great for shaping lines.

Picked this beauty up for $15 new at the ice bowl I attended this past winter. Gotta love the watermelon 11x eagle
img_0530.jpg
[/IMG]

That's the biggest picture I have ever seen, kind of like gorilla drive in style. Nice 11x though.

I currently have 5 11x Eagles:

175 EX - custom stamp with the Russian double headed eagle
174 EL - tie dyed rim
160 EL - bright red
170 EX - beautifully dyed, green and red (never throwing)
175 EL - custom stamped

Paid a total of $60 for all of them...just wait on good deals:)

I recently got an 11x champ eagle. Pretty new to the game, and I don't quite have a handle on it yet. I'm practicing with it a bit, but still using the tee bird for rounds.

I carry three Eagles for a reason!

Yup!

I have a well seasoned (on it's way to beat), a newly seasoned (just starting to show it's age), and a brand spankin' new.

For the most part I can shape any line I need with this combo.

The river is primarily to accent my seasoned Eagle. If I need a shot with more glide than my well seasoned Eagle, the River will fly the same line with a bit more glide / distance. My goal is eventually to develop a stash of well seasoned -> beat Eagles. So on the off chance I manage to lose one (I haven't lost an Eagle yet) I don't have to be in anguish while I beat in a new one to that sweet spot.

Here are my two 11x X mold thrower Eagles. The one on top is 11x Champion and the one on bottom is 11x KC Pro. Not very aesthetically pleasing until they start flying, then they are definitely a thing of beauty.

IMG_0151.jpg

I just got myself a new day-glow Star. It's got the "new" stamp with "Star Eagle" all on one line and the softer type face on the Innova logo. This is my first Star purchase since the stamp change. This particular disc is increadibly gummy / grippy. Very similar to FLX plastic, but a bit more rigid in the wing. It is also a bit less domey than any other Star Eagle I currently own.

Has anybody encountered this new blend of Star? Is this run-of-the-mill star now? Or something that just appeared this run? Either way, I am really digging this blend. Never really felt anything like it.

Last edited:
come on, lets see pics of some more eagle collections...il get mine together tomorrow

Latest posts