• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle Enthusiasm

Learn your history.

A different kind of Eagle basically made disc golf what it is now.

Yeah. Different Eagle became the Aero. I get it.
Eagle is like a longboard -- graceful turns, all about soul.

Last edited:
I recently but eagles back in my bag. I forgot how good they really are. The best part is that plain ol' dx-ex's are the best ones.

this is possibly one of the cornyist names for a thread.

that being said, i really have nothing of value to add to this thread, i just felt strongly about how stupid of a name this one is.

carry on

Maybe it should be called "Eagle Enthusiasts".

Regardless, Eagles FTW.

Resurrection!!!

I just love me some Eagles...X and L, bag 'em both. My current Eagle line-up is as follows...

175g Factory Store Circle Stamp
175g CE X mold
170g 11x L mold
170g 10x X mold(haggard)

I worked some at the end of last summer to learn a roller and found the L mold to be money. The 10x X was just too flippy and beat for me but the L holds a line with an ever-so-slight turn and then finishes left, kinda like its in the air...just further. This was especially helpful in my summer park league where I went down to 3 discs in a lunch bag with the Eagle L being my "longest" disc.

Resurrection!!!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I love when this thread pops back up.
Carrying three right now:
176 Champy-Star beefcake (take a gander - sparkly champy, maybe 70/30, but marked "*EG")
175 fresh Star
171 beat Champ

Attachments

• cs.jpg
    cs.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 48
  • eg.jpg
    eg.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 53
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I love when this thread pops back up.
Carrying three right now:
176 Champy-Star beefcake (take a gander - sparkly champy, maybe 70/30, but marked "*EG")
175 fresh Star
171 beat Champ

That is a sweet looking piece of plastic and never seen an eagle marked that way, interesting.

I've never seen one marked "*EG" either. But it sure is an EX. And the blend is definitely more champ than star, with little bubbles or flakes of some sort. It's stiff with a high PLH, but not as blunt a nose as the Factory Store Circle Stamps. Almost as beefy though.

I'd love to hear if other folks have seen Eagle Xs marked "EG".

Never seen any marked eg but I did see three Star Eagle L's at a store the other day. It is no longer safe to assume a star eagle will be the x mold anymore.

I got a large stack of Factory Seconds that were marked *EG, threw me for a loop too, but all were Eagle X mold.

Never seen any marked eg but I did see three Star Eagle L's at a store the other day. It is no longer safe to assume a star eagle will be the x mold anymore.

I remember when rumors of these started popping up nobody beleived in them...its was like when Al Gore invented the internet...now look at us all.

Were these Star L molds flat by chance? I got some of the G* L's form the factory store and they are just so dang domey that I haven't even tried them yet.

davidrboy you have been duped. that is an ecostar gazelle and it is no good. you should mail that to me for proper documentation and disposal. PM me for details...

davidrboy you have been duped. that is an ecostar gazelle and it is no good. you should mail that to me for proper documentation and disposal. PM me for details...

EchoStar Gazelle, eh?
Methinks I'll keep it anyway.
It is, by the way, the nicest modern Eagle I've thrown. Beefy, but still a good bit of turn through the HS portion of its flight before it HOOKS UP. And nearly 177g to boot. Line shaping monster, this one.

I remember when rumors of these started popping up nobody beleived in them...its was like when Al Gore invented the internet...now look at us all.

I think differentiating between the L and X mold is relatively easy so it shouldn't be a big deal when people check to see what they are getting. The only problem is if one is ordering from an online retailer. Even then they should have them assorted appropriately.

As long as they don't star putting different mold pieces and saying they are an Eagle then we should be okay.

I think differentiating between the L and X mold is relatively easy so it shouldn't be a big deal when people check to see what they are getting. The only problem is if one is ordering from an online retailer. Even then they should have them assorted appropriately.

As long as they don't star putting different mold pieces and saying they are an Eagle then we should be okay.

Agreed and the sites I shop, DGC and Marshall Street, differenciate between them - which is what Innova should do in the first place...TeeBird/TL Firebird/FL Starfire/SL. But for some reason they want to mess with people that throw Eagles & Monsters.

And what, you don't want an Eagulcan? :p

got a chance to toss my buddy's freakish JL eagle l yesterday; holy crap!!! it has the HSS of my teebirds and almost 0 LSS. i just could not turn the damn thing. it was interesting and definitely not what i'm used to in an eagle L.

got a chance to toss my buddy's freakish JL eagle l yesterday; holy crap!!! it has the HSS of my teebirds and almost 0 LSS. i just could not turn the damn thing. it was interesting and definitely not what i'm used to in an eagle L.

JL eagle L sounds nice. I love that plastic, its great for skips and hold its stability very well.

I put a fresh circle stamp eagle back in the bag after I splashed one a couple months ago. I kept reaching for my firebird but its easier to throw a comfortable shot than worry about going too far with my FB.