• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle Enthusiasm

i was at GGGT today and saw a pair of champ eagles that seemed similar to the description people were giving of the 11x. they were incredibly flat. i mean board flat, FAF, almost concave. could not see through them, either; they were like star. they weren't old stock with new stamps either. i can't even begin to imagine how OS those things are.

And you didn't buy one of them? Or both?

So I snagged a jolly launcher EL today, anybody seen those in the wild yet?

I recall someone saying ELs were going OOP... prolly just trying to scare us in order to buy old stock at an inflated price like everyone else in the greedy world.

BTW, anyone got any CE Eagles for a reasonable price? ha

I have yet to see Jolly Launcher EL's. The most recent run that I know of was the Gstar run for the factory store and those were the first ones that i saw that didnt have patent numbers.

I know DGC isn't the be all end all but I assume they took this from Innova-

About the Eagle-L: The Eagle is our original, professional level fairway driver. It ushered in a new era for distance and reliability. The Eagle's superior speed and predictable flight characteristics let you make confident and accurate long range power shots. The Eagle-L's high speed turn is excellent for power turn over shots.
This mold was used for a time in DX, Pro, and Champion plastics. Innova has gone back to the regular Eagle mold for those plastics now.

Call them tomorrow and ask. i can't go. They'll dig'em out for you. Both are purple.

I have three of those purple FAF Eagles. They definitely fly very similar to the overstable flat 11x Eagles. Very similar in flight to the circle stamp Eagles that the pro shop released, but these are flat.

I recall someone saying ELs were going OOP... prolly just trying to scare us in order to buy old stock at an inflated price like everyone else in the greedy world.

BTW, anyone got any CE Eagles for a reasonable price? ha

I had emailed dgv a while ago asking about the EL going away and was told it would be a custom order mold only. That was probably a year or 2 ago and I figured that there enough old stock sitting around that we'd be seeing them for a while still. I was surprised to see the jl EL though.

I had emailed dgv a while ago asking about the EL going away and was told it would be a custom order mold only. That was probably a year or 2 ago and I figured that there enough old stock sitting around that we'd be seeing them for a while still. I was surprised to see the jl EL though.

When I found a Star EL at the pro shop at UDSGC last year I was surprised and asked the guys at the front about it. I forget what I said exactly, but I did imply that I thought they were discontinued - to which they shrugged and said that nobody said they are discontinued and it's possible for them to pop out an EL or two once in a while.

I don't see how you can "accidentally" pop out an EL since it requires swapping out the mold, but at the same time I don't know why you would see oddballs like this appearing without seeing more of them. You don't just swap a mold in to run 10 discs...

When I found a Star EL at the pro shop at UDSGC last year I was surprised and asked the guys at the front about it. I forget what I said exactly, but I did imply that I thought they were discontinued - to which they shrugged and said that nobody said they are discontinued and it's possible for them to pop out an EL or two once in a while.

I don't see how you can "accidentally" pop out an EL since it requires swapping out the mold, but at the same time I don't know why you would see oddballs like this appearing without seeing more of them. You don't just swap a mold in to run 10 discs...

You should have picked it up. Star EL's are few and far between. I thought it was like less than 20 ever made

I've always wondered why the eagle and monster have never had the different molds denoted on the stamps. TL, SL, and FL all do.

G* X's are money though. Long glidey turn before it hooks up.

In the option selection on the proshop website, which would each weight fly like:

165-169
170-172
173-175

I would like to get a 168 but don't want to get one that is going to be too flippy.