• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] eagle or teebird?

Eagles have more of an S flight pattern. They turn right easily but they also pull out of the turn pretty reliably.

TeeBirds are very hard to turnover with thrown cleanly and have less fade at the end so if you accidentally turn one over it will not pull out of the turn reliably like an Eagle will.

I prefer TeeBirds becuase I have pretty clean form and I don't like S-Turn lines.

I have a 170 star teebird for shorter straight shots. It is broken in and fades very little. I have a 170 Champ Eagle L for longer straight and S shots. I have an 173 Champ Eagle X for hyzer shots. IMO, the Eagle is more versatile than the Teebird.

Your comparing apples to oranges.

I carry both, eagles for super straight and teebirds for more of a right to left hyzers
I carry both in my Innova bag (DX, Champ and E* TB's and two S.EXes and a Champ EL), and use them the other way around. TB's handle anything that requires neither turn nor fade (except the DX is a great hyzerflipper), and the SE.X's get pulled out when shaping lines and when I need more fade.

^^yeah thats more how i use them too .. i use various DX and a Champ Teebird for dead straight to slight hyzer shots and 11x Eagle-X's for shaping and where more fade is needed

If I could find a Teebird that could hold a line like an Eagle but since they all filp on me I use an Eagle.

I stopped throwing Eagles a few years ago. No reason except trying new discs. I bought a Teebird this year and it's been in my bag and used enough that I bought a champ Teebird and 2 more DX Teebirds to back up the one in my bag.

I couldn't argue against an Eagle but would suggest a Teebird.

if you had to choose one i would go with eagle...it will give you more versatility, and beats in so well especially a champ! but i also have a star teebird for dependable fade especially in windy conditions, i don't drive with it, only fairway stuff that i need to bank hard left

I would say a max weight Star TL over a Teebird if you want a straight flying disc out of the box. Mine has become the Star "Tree Lover," though...

I use a beat Opto Striker for dead straight long lines. They just hold a line so well and have minimal fade, plus the plastic is much nicer.

I use a beat Opto Striker for dead straight long lines. They just hold a line so well and have minimal fade, plus the plastic is much nicer.

I wish I had the same results, the plastic is really sweet but the disc not as friendly to me.

Personally, I prefer an Eagle X with a Leopard b/c I feel it covers more lines since the Eagle is more of a s-curving disc. If I need straight, I'll just finesse a Leopard. Really beat Teebirds and fresh Leos overlap too much for me.

What he said:

Additionally, with a hyzer release, the eagle can fly as straight as a laser if you need it to...

I would just cut the leopard out of your bag and put a teebird, eagle x and an eagle l in your bag. A leopard and an eagle are somewhat similar. I have been throwing eagles for a while now and I wanted a disc that was like a slightly beat eagle l right out of the box and I thought the leopard could do that but it was crap imo. Go eagles all the way.

Being one who loves all things Lat Goldline....

I like a goldline striker for a power hyzer with a fairway driver rim width. A little wider rim than an eagle, and the line does draw out a little longer for me. I do throw a champ eagle for a power sweep left that needs the turn a little sooner than later. (RHBH)

If you're looking for a more solid predictable hyzer without an s, and glide is not important, a vibram ascent has a really similar rim feel to an eagle. They seem to be promoting it lately it for someone who wants to rip it without flipping.

i love all 3. leos, tbs and eagles.

echostar leos and pro leos for the flippy fairway.

champ teebirds for straight with fade and longer approach flicks.

and a light star eagle X for big s shots through the woods and around trees.

My setup is leopard, tl, eaglex. This has worked for me for a while now.

Yeah im really wanting straight with predicable fade so i think that a champ teebird sounds perfect.