• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Emporia, Kansas to Host 2013 Worlds!

pineappletrees

Eagle Member
This is big news for the small Midwestern town. Dynamic Discs will be the tournament sponsor, obviously. I believe Jones West, Jones East, Peter Pan and Emporia Country Club will be used. Now discuss!

Edit: This will be Amateur Worlds, not Pro.

Last edited:
1284348319457.jpg

Kansas? ugg

The Glass Blown Open has used these courses for the past few years and hosts one of the most popular A-Tiers in the World. They are good course, but I wouldn't call them world class by any means. The official announcement is set to be released tomorrow.

Emporia CC club is a great course. Long.... 9,354 feet. Fantastic Hole 18.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=5154

Personally, I think Jones Gold (combo of east and west) was friggin' brutal with the OB lines.

I really like Peter Pan, one of my favorite courses.

Emporia Municipal is also a great course. 9K+ long, again with a fantastic Hole 18.

I was very, very impressed with how DD ran the GBO.

But they're still gonna use the CC and Municipal?

As long as it's not tornadic weather I should be fine.

Sweet stuff, I lived in Emporia for a few years when I was in elementary school. Some really great courses out there. Great opportunity for a small town.

todays forecast: lame. cant wait to go to kansas. NOT.

Summer provides the only 2-month window where you might not have wind. It's also past tornado season. If it's the same time of year as the worlds this year, the main concern will be heat. Big open flat courses under the central Kansas sun.

Lawrence, KS is also a cool town, not terribly far away.

I think it will be a great experience for the players that go there. Imagine all the attention that will be lavished on what will be the biggest thing happening in a 9,000 square mile area! We're talking news helicopters. Every local you run into will know why you are there and be very grateful.

Summer provides the only 2-month window where you might not have wind. It's also past tornado season. If it's the same time of year as the worlds this year, the main concern will be heat. Big open flat courses under the central Kansas sun.

Lawrence, KS is also a cool town, not terribly far away.

July 7-13 will be the dates.

Kansas is one of 11 states that I've never been to. Might be a good chance to check it off the list.

Great business move by DD. Bring 600 ams to your backyard for an event with plastic payout. They are going to make a killing. Great job DD, I'm jealous that I didn't think of it first!

Look forward to the day Worlds is in Portland, OR area. Hopefully sooner than later with the new gold course coming thanks to the locals and Feldberg.