• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fantasy USDGC

http://www.usdgc.com/10/06/park-job-lak ... rst-victim

^Looks like they left part of the story out:

http://www.heraldonline.com/2010/10/06/2510222/suv-rolls-into-winthrop-lake.html#storylink=omni_popular

http://www.usdgc.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Thursday_teetimes.pdf

Nate Doss and Valarie Jenkins on the same card! How cute~

Jager said:
^Looks like they left part of the story out:

http://www.heraldonline.com/2010/10/06/2510222/suv-rolls-into-winthrop-lake.html#storylink=omni_popular

You'd think that would be something to discreetly pull out of the vehicle if you thought police might be involved.

I love how the article headline contains the phrase "drugs found", as if there were bricks of heron filling up the trunk. Then in the last line of the article it is revealed that it was just a little pot for what we can safely assume was personal use. :roll: That there was herb in the car seems in no way newsworthy. If it is, then someone might wanna do a story on my car too.

Eric O said:
I love how the article headline contains the phrase "drugs found", as if there were bricks of heron filling up the trunk. Then in the last line of the article it is revealed that it was just a little pot for what we can safely assume was personal use. :roll: That there was herb in the car seems in no way newsworthy. If it is, then someone might wanna do a story on my car too.

Is your car in a lake too?

No, but if it was I'd damn sure be pissed if some irresponsible hack newspaper columnist wrote "drugs found" in the headline when covering the story. Nothing to do with being in the lake and hardly even true considering it sounded like just some golfer's personal stash of smoke.

Regardless of whether it's fair, that kind of stuff is news in a small town. Like someone said on the pdga forum, it's sad that the headline in the Rock Hill paper will read "SUV rolls in lake, drugs found" instead of "190 of worlds best disc golfers converge on championship course."

I doubt the cops searched their car or anything. But you can't just be stupid enough to leave stuff like that sitting on your dash. That's just asking for a possession charge.

Eric O said:
No, but if it was I'd damn sure be pissed if some irresponsible hack newspaper columnist wrote "drugs found" in the headline when covering the story. Nothing to do with being in the lake and hardly even true considering it sounded like just some golfer's personal stash of smoke.

I agree for the most part. But if it was sitting up in the front on the dash or in the cup holder or something, then absolutely it is a fair item to report on. If it was stashed away in his bag or something then ya, irresponsible.

Sounds plausible to me that they had been partaking prior to getting out to take photos. I mean, who forgets to put their car in park when they're not stoned?

Actually, I have a friend who's cousin stopped to take a piss in the mountains in the middle of the night. He was stoned and forgot to put it in park, the car rolled down over a steep enbankment and no chance was he getting it out without a tow truck. He actually went to the car and removed the stash before anyone showed up though.

I think if that was my car and I knew drugs were sitting in there, I'd have damn well wadded out there to go remove them before the cops showed up.

so here is what I got out of all this. If you like to keep your car in drive, just dont bring drugs with you.

live coverage is worthless, at least yesterday when the video was choppy for the most part the audio could keep up, all choppy now, mostly a slideshow.

and wtf man, seems like the only news DG gets is when a player gets busted for possession.

The video is on par with other live coverage. I have the sound off in my office so maybe I'm missing the choppiness.

Well they took it down for a couple of minutes to try and smooth things out. I also have the audio off in the office.

maceman and greenwell don't really have matching styles. dave greenwell does a great job, very calm and on point. mace just starts talking about random things and dave will change the subject.