• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Favorite Innova Plastic

What is your favorite Innova Plastic?

• DX

Votes: 13 10.2%
  • Pro

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • Champ

Votes: 54 42.2%
  • Star

Votes: 43 33.6%
  • R-Pro

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • RW-PRo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KC/JK-Pro

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • CE

Votes: 15 11.7%
  • SE

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • EchoStar

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters
I hear a lot about CE plastic, but can't says I know what it is, can someone elaborate? Also, a buddy found a KCPro Banshee the other day, but it was clear and looked very similar to Champ plastic, any ideas what that's all about?

A friend of mine has about 20 CE discs, most of them Valks. I've thrown them, and they do feel like Champ plastic, but a little more tacky. CE is freaking indestructible, though. You could throw ce at anything and you won't see a single scuff.

Okay, maybe not quite like that, but this stuff could take a beating, and not lose big chunks at a time like dx plastic does.

I would have to say Star because it is the only Innova disc I own. A Star Sidewinder.

I have an SE Roc and I love the feel fo the plastic. Soft but durable. Very good got approach shots becasue it doesn't skip. It's what Discraft FLX should be.

A friend of mine has about 20 CE discs, most of them Valks. I've thrown them, and they do feel like Champ plastic, but a little more tacky. CE is freaking indestructible, though. You could throw ce at anything and you won't see a single scuff.

Okay, maybe not quite like that, but this stuff could take a beating, and not lose big chunks at a time like dx plastic does.

I like star and dx best of what's made now. But Chef Joe is right about that CE stuff I have an old Teebird and Valk and I don't think you can hurt those discs. It's like plastic iron. And damn they fly nice, I'm just scared I'll lose em, so I never take them on a course.

CE, but the good CE not that crap towards the end

i say Champion - not a big star fan- it just feels very hard and uncomfortable in my hand

Last edited:
Although I believe the star plastic is easier to break in I really prefer Champion plastic because of its durability, and it may be in my head but I believe I get better distance with Champion plastic

I love breakfast of champions but I don't eat plastic though but just throw them. When the champion get beaten becomes best disc you have had. They just last forever.

I also love Pro plastic due to the grip to snap it better with addition distances.

Lastly, DX is awesome to throw them when they're beaten not just because they're cheap but will help you lesser struggle in your game.

I can't throw Stars for **** so I stopped buying them but heard about those Hybrid Stars that are STIFF which is mixed with champion and star plastic. I haven't tried them yet.

IDK about "best" but I like the nice medium of grip and durability of Star. Plus hot pink and bright orange star discs are almost impossible to lose.

if they didnt make champ id be cool with star as i cant tell much of a difference but clear plastic is just the shi8 and looks more professional than star i.m.o. , and whats the deal with (airline food)echo star that dosnt even make since eco star yes but echo youd have to be throwing pretty slow to hear an echo .

Champion so far for me.

I've been ordering a lot of discs through a wholesaler and champion is what they carry predominantly. I've pretty much learned the game throwing nothing but champion.

Champion so far for me.

I've been ordering a lot of discs through a wholesaler and champion is what they carry predominantly. I've pretty much learned the game throwing nothing but champion.

any deals worth sharing? :)