• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

favorite 'tweener' discs?

How similar is an XD to a Classic Roc? And why does it sound right to say an XD instead of a XD?

You say "an" if the word after it begins with a vowel sound, and you use "a" id the word begins with a consonant.

X. E-x. When you say "x", it starts with the "e" sound. Therefore, it's technically correct to say "an" before a word beginning with "x".

^ I think bro d is refering to that fact that the Gremlin was approved by the PDGA as an Innova mold but after it was brought out of retirement under the Discmania banner it was never resubmitted.

Exactly. Seems like I read that even though it says PDGA Approved on the GM's they actually aren't.

Those molds are legal and yes you can use them. Modified approved molds don't need separate approval.

Star Cro. It is a glide less mid so my Core gets those duties. My Wizard gets most approach duties. But when it is windy, or I need an approach to land 5 feet from the basket and stick. I throw the Cro. Still learning, but it also has good forehand potential.

Most people seem to jump straight from mids to faster fairway drivers like eagles and teebirds, so I guess you could call my gazelles 'tweeners', I throw them quite a bit.

Leo. Fairway driver that I like to bomb!!!

Wizard. Putter that I only use for approach shots. Easily shaped disc without being biased towards turn or fade.

how do gazelles do on powered down, or no run-up, tosses?

They still hold pretty str8, but definately will slow down quicker and fade. Not like a Leo shot (per say) that, at 80%, would still finish str8-right of str8.RHBH

Slower Teebird Is how I see them. A little more easy to shape as well if you ask me.

I would say they're more like a slower eagle than a teebird. A beat gazelle is awesome for standstill shots, it'll hold whatever line you want.

I would say they're more like a slower eagle than a teebird. A beat gazelle is awesome for standstill shots, it'll hold whatever line you want.

I am anxiously awaiting the day my 3 start to do this. So far they are awsome for lazer beam tunnel shots and they -- I wouldn't say "turn" right -- move slowley right in the air.

I recently bought and 11x KC Pro and 2 CFR Glowzelles. Lovin' these guys....and girl? (the 11x has got to be a she)

As for being like slower Eagles....I disagree with this. Very Very str8, predictable fade. Very "teebird-like"

Last edited:

Latest posts